My frustration with Ricardo Lockette

2_0_6

Reaction score
Yes I know he is a special teams beast.
Yes I know he is a freak athlete.

It frustrates me to no end to see his brain turn to mush at least once a game with a dumb play. He was just lucky to avoid the blatant late hit tonight, in a closer game that could have been a huge swing of field position.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yea he has to lead the league in dumb assed penalties.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It looked bad. I have to wait and see more, i dunno if he was blocked into that ugly play.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3as27jhc said:
Yes I know he is a special teams beast.
Yes I know he is a freak athlete.

It frustrates me to no end to see his brain turn to mush at least once a game with a dumb play. He was just lucky to avoid the blatant late hit tonight, in a closer game that could have been a huge swing of field position.

Felt (to me) like he's come a long way in that regard. He has had a couple of collisions that appeared to be unintended to me. Outside of that, I think he's tried to clean that stuff up. Used to rag on him all the time.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":3c9xa1em said:
Hawks46":3c9xa1em said:

He doesn't even lead the team in that category, that's Bennett by a mile

Offsides is more of a lack of concentration. Bennett is just too agressive sometimes. I will agree, since PeeWee football, you're taught to watch the ball. I don't understand how that disappears at the highest level of football.

That said, Lockett's penalties are just dumb. Seriously. Late hits, personal fouls unsportsmanlike conducts. you name it. He leads the league in dumb assed, it doesn't matter anyways penalties. There is absolutely no reason for Lockett's penalties. Bennett is at least trying to get a jump.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":2qwfpu94 said:
Bigbadhawk":2qwfpu94 said:
Hawks46":2qwfpu94 said:

He doesn't even lead the team in that category, that's Bennett by a mile

Offsides is more of a lack of concentration. Bennett is just too agressive sometimes. I will agree, since PeeWee football, you're taught to watch the ball. I don't understand how that disappears at the highest level of football.

That said, Lockett's penalties are just dumb. Seriously. Late hits, personal fouls unsportsmanlike conducts. you name it. He leads the league in dumb assed, it doesn't matter anyways penalties. There is absolutely no reason for Lockett's penalties. Bennett is at least trying to get a jump.

Lockette: Unnecessary Roughness (2), Illegal Block Above the Waist (1)
Bennett: Defensive Offside (5), Unnecessary Roughness (2), Neutral Zone Infraction (1) of which 3 of them were declined and 1 was offsetting.

uh huh, Yeah Lockette is the clear winner.

:sarcasm_off:

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Hell
Sweezy: Unnecessary Roughness (2), False Start (1)
Sherman: Defensive Holding (2), Defensive Pass Interference (1) (mind you one of those came on a 3rd down stop in the Carolina game last week in the 4th quarter that gave them a first down and eventually led to a TD

253hawk

Reaction score
The one on Sherman was a joke. He just put his hand on the guy's shoulder to follow him and he stumbled. He was covered like a blanket, there's no way the ball was even coming his way and Newton was already sacked. Turned what should have been 3rd and 20 into a scoring drive.

I can give most players a pass compared to Lockette because they're in the heat of the play while his bonehead BS always happens after a play is over, and there is zero excuse for that crap.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks win..Piss on everything else.
I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PETTY FRUSTRATIONS. :thfight7: