1 game in the next 23 days. Make changes?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
10 days til we play Dallas. Than 2 weeks off til we play Arizona. If changes are going to be made, both in personnel and strategy, this is the time to do it.

No coaches will be fired during the season but there are roster moves I'd like to see made:

1. I'd like to see Lockett and Richardson start to take snaps from kearse and have one of them win his job. I'd like to see a 4 man wr rotation of Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson and Mathews. With kearse and lockette getting limited run.

2. Let one of the rookies (probably glowinski) take over for britt. Might be growing pains but it can't be worse.

3. Wishful thinking, but I'd love to see either Simon or lane get healthy and capture that right cornerback job.

4. I'd like to see Rawls workload increase a bit. Not to replace lynch, just to help keep him fresh.

5. Find ways to get Clark on the field. I envision a dline of Bennett, Clark, Jordan hill and Avril in passing situations.

As far as strategy I want to see them:

1. Continue to get creative in using graham. Don't be afraid to split him out wide.

2. Work on ways to defeat the blitz. Screens, hot routes, etc, etc.

What changes do you want to see?

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
3-4. No room for error. It's too early in the season to plan for the future. Stick to the game-plan, no big changes.

Laloosh

Reaction score
#4 - Can't believe I'm saying this but I was screaming for him in the 4th as a change of pace. Then he gets in and stops bouncing the ball outside (am I remembering this correctly?). I honestly think they could be a nasty combo if used properly.

I want to see someone coach Carry Williams up so he'll stop giving up that seam route that he is getting beat on over the past two weeks. Luckily Kaepernick couldn't have been worse if he were on horse tranquilizers and throwing with 5 broken fingers on his throwing hand.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Simon is on IR so I believe his season is over. I'd like to see Bailey in for Gilliam or Britt. It seemed that the OL was better with him in there.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Just FYI, Simon is on IR.

I felt that the offense was really attacking tonight, even if it worked better in the first half.

I just want to see more of that.

VegasSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Would love for the offense to go up tempo more often....
Need to get Lockett the ball more...
Would like them to bring in Bailey in as an extra OL (he is a great run blocker) and move Graham out wide more often...
Have Gilliam put on 5 lbs to help him get more push on run blocking, beast is so much more effective when he can run both sides of line....
Get LEM JP some reps at center...
Get Beast and the screen game or wheel route going to slow down some of these blitz happy teams

Tical21

Reaction score
I thought Rawls looked very average today. I don't want him coming in for Lynch unless needed or Lynch is really struggling.

Tye Smith baby. I'm not as down on Williams here as some, but I think we know what to expect from him. I want me some Tye.

Would you like to see Frank Clark over Irvin on passing downs? Might be worth a shot.

Bailey look inconsistently okay tonight in relief of Gilliam.

Coleman was inactive and Lynch had his best game of the season. At this point it isn't a coincidence.

I'd like to see anybody in Luke Willson's place.

Hawks46

Reaction score
can't agree with #4 any more. Rawls has earned snaps. Lets help keep Lynch fresh.

Also agree with the blitz comment. We're comically bad against the blitz.

We need to work on recognition, hot routes, getting the ball out quickly, and blocking assignments.

Teams are going to keep blitzing the hell out of us until we prove we can stop it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Tical21":3qqtqlo3 said:
I thought Rawls looked very average today. I don't want him coming in for Lynch unless needed or Lynch is really struggling.

Tye Smith baby. I'm not as down on Williams here as some, but I think we know what to expect from him. I want me some Tye.

Would you like to see Frank Clark over Irvin on passing downs? Might be worth a shot.

Bailey look inconsistently okay tonight in relief of Gilliam.

Coleman was inactive and Lynch had his best game of the season. At this point it isn't a coincidence.

I'd like to see anybody in Luke Willson's place.

Mind elaborating on the Rawls thing? I thought he was impatient compared to what he was doing in Cinci. Also wasn't cutting it back or bouncing it outside.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Rawls was very good in his opportunities, not sure how anyone could see it any other way!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't think all that much is going to change from a roster perspective. I just hope there are improvements on the team. At some point we may need to accept the fact that we aren't good on our offensive line. More backs and TE's chipping. More max protection. More quick 3 step drops.

There are ways to hide our OLine's deficiencies. Have others help out in blocking and the quick passing game. Brady had to make this adjustment last year after their slow start and poor Oline play to start the season. Eli Manning perfected the quick passing game against the Bills a few weeks ago.

HawkGA

Reaction score
On #5 they could always move Clark to Oline to get him on the field more.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I wanted more of Rawls this game and want to see more of what he can do next week in Dallas. I think that is the same thing we did with turbo and Cmike a few times last year when we needed to somewhat rest lynch for the long haul. If we can somewhat keep him fresh for the second half and then ram Lynchmode into the endzone in the 3rd a few times...we have a ball game.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Richardson and Lockett supersede Kearse in the snap-count. I don't even think Kearse is bad, I just think we've got better now.

It's not going to happen but it would be interesting to see Bailey for Britt, Glowinski for Sweezy. I'd settle for Glowinski for Britt, which is plausible. I thought Bailey looked mostly terrible yesterday at RT, though admittedly has done at LG too.

Get some new blitz beaters. At this point, I think I'm faster than Fred Jackson, which is weird because he really didn't look that flat-footed before the injury. Hopefully he can heal up and get some speed back, because watching him try to jink his way past tacklers out of the backfield wasn't pretty last night, might as well have dumped it off to big Willy-T.

Get healthy at corner and have some serious competition. If Williams goes down again for a spell, Smith/Simon/Lane could be good enough to keep him out for good, Shead's never going to.

HawkerD

Reaction score
hawkfan68":25x1fosh said:
... I'd like to see Bailey in for Gilliam or Britt. It seemed that the OL was better with him in there.

What game were you watching? I wouldn't be surprised if Bailey was cut in favor of an orange traffic cone. He absolutely sucked last night.

Latest posts