yay we won

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Would have been a nightmare if this team lost to the 49ers.

Even still, 3 points in the second half...the offense is continuing the trend of being an absolute garbage fire in the 4th quarter.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":z3fz2dr4 said:

Even still, 3 points in the second half...the offense is continuing the trend of being an absolute garbage fire in the 4th quarter.

Perfectly fine with them laying up in the 4th quarter today.

The ONLY way that garbage SF offense was going to get back in the game was to capitalize on freak turnovers deep in our territory.

I dont usually agree with playing conservative in the 4th, but today it was absolutely the right approach.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The difference in the 4th quarter is Lynch running the ball into the defense's face. Pretty typical Pete Carroll 4th quarter. Lynch has been sorely missed until this game this season.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I get you bmore, and I am really excited about Lynch being back.

I think he is the actual engine of the Seahawks and the reason we are losing is because we were not letting him score TDs.

BUT

This team has a bad habit of making questionable decisions in the 2nd half. It also pees away drives in the 2nd half with some really low % playcalling.

These are bad habits, but they can be overcome. The way you break a bad habit is to create new habits that oppose the old. The opponent was a team missing a lot of pieces, this should not have been about the win - but about creating a new pattern.

Instead we went right back to the same old pattern of losing any sense of urgency with regard to scoring.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Hip Hip Friggin HOORAY we won !!!
Thank goodness, if we had lost to the Niners, season over.
They are really really bad...thought they might give us some problems, but they were just awful.

Mojambo

Reaction score
At 2-4, it needed to be about the win and that's it.

Fix stuff in practice. It wasn't worth the risk. Period.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
While the 2nd half offense struggled to say the least, it was so good to see Beast have a huge game. I'm just glad for the win at this point. Much needs to be done to get back to championship level, but I'll enjoy this tonight.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2pm3aup6 said:
I get you bmore, and I am really excited about Lynch being back.

I think he is the actual engine of the Seahawks and the reason we are losing is because we were not letting him score TDs.

BUT

This team has a bad habit of making questionable decisions in the 2nd half. It also pees away drives in the 2nd half with some really low % playcalling.

These are bad habits, but they can be overcome. The way you break a bad habit is to create new habits that oppose the old. The opponent was a team missing a lot of pieces, this should not have been about the win - but about creating a new pattern.

Instead we went right back to the same old pattern of losing any sense of urgency with regard to scoring.

Its not that you are wrong, but why risk "breaking bad habits" in a game where that was quite literally the only way you may lose the game.....by making stupid mistakes and giving SF short fields and scoring opportunities.

This is the NFL. You win games in any way you can. Shortening the game and running out the clock was right....TODAY.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
DeeHawks":15ctu8zd said:
They are really really bad...thought they might give us some problems, but they were just awful.

The Ravens from 4 days ago disagree.

They also just went on the road and nearly beat a decent Giants team.

The niners arent great, but they are still a rival divisional road game.

We beat them up good. That was a nice win.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
To the OP. We won, on a short week, on the road, vs a former pain in the ass team.

A bird will shit on your lip if you pout this much all the time.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2gch705o said:
DeeHawks":2gch705o said:

The Ravens from 4 days ago disagree.

They also just went on the road and nearly beat a decent Giants team.

The niners arent great, but they are still a rival divisional road game.

We beat them up good. That was a nice win.

Good post.

I was soooo happy to see run, run, pass, punt the entire 4th quarter though !

Seriously, is our coaching staff suddenly allergic to scoring more than 20 points this year ?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Always amazing to watch Kaepernick suck so much against us

[youtube]RrcsSXawrxQ[/youtube]

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2pm5uwa9 said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! :roll: :pukeface: :roll: :pukeface: :roll: :pukeface: :roll: :pukeface:

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
Woo Hoo, we closed the deal this week...Keep it up guys, cuz there's more football to be played!
:229031_thewave:

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":c51safov said:
To the OP. We won, on a short week, on the road, vs a former pain in the ass team.

A bird will shit on your lip if you pout this much all the time.

Gold.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thought the Hawks played well for a short week, the OLine was still simply awful, though there were a few times they protected. The D was solid all game, the pass rush was eating Kaep's lunch all game, there wa s stage where Avril and Bennett were there on every down. At one point I saw them playing with Clark in too and it was a convincingly effective grouping.The D improved against he pass with Williams out, Shead to me was an improvement. There were few if no communication issues at all with the DBs either.

That 4th Q long drive salted away the game, nice to watch Lynch running so well. A few timing passes in the 4thwould have been nice to see as well. Thought RW was less tentative and looked good despite the 5 sacks.

Good solid convincing W!!!

Latest posts