All 22 - Red Zone Only (keep it civil please)

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'll add stuff as I go. Will probably do a bit more tonight and then some tomorrow.

ARlMdWP.gif

0OHH7i1

TvX6lcA

UouDyik

BYb2Dx1

CyBO2Dt

8x2FanT

Vu0z0AQ

This is one of those play calls that just feels like a waste of a down to me.
TQDPg6l

ZBGYGSc

Watch Willson (TE) and Lewis (C). Maybe someone can explain how the blocking should have differed here. I drew it as I saw it but who knows.
El49LrK

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Maybe this should be in the 'Shack? Why, you ask? Because every time they show that pass play to ML, I wanta scream, "Throw the f(&&%^$!#^+)(*ing ball!

ARhawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2g7yl6dk said:
Maybe this should be in the 'Shack? Why, you ask? Because every time they show that pass play to ML, I wanta scream, "Throw the f(&&%^$!#^+)(*ing ball!
Yes, he shouldve thrown the ball earlier, but look at difference between the pocket in the first play and the second play.
The Green Bay guy got on Gilliam's outside shoulder and there was time and room for Russell to step up in the pocket. The Carolina rusher originally beats Okung outside, but does a good job of making sure Russell has nowhere to go by coming back inside and there are also two other defenders on either side containing Wilson. If Okung keeps his man outside, Russell wouldve thrown it to Baldwin for an easy first down.

The one where Lockett is wide open in the end zone is hard to watch. Russell locked on to Graham and didnt read the saftey at all.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
ARhawk":iocw571y said:
LymonHawk":iocw571y said:
Yes, he shouldve thrown the ball earlier, but look at difference between the pocket in the first play and the second play.
The Green Bay guy got on Gilliam's outside shoulder and there was time and room for Russell to step up in the pocket. The Carolina rusher originally beats Okung outside, but does a good job of making sure Russell has nowhere to go by coming back inside and there are also two other defenders on either side containing Wilson. If Okung keeps his man outside, Russell wouldve thrown it to Baldwin for an easy first down.

The one where Lockett is wide open in the end zone is hard to watch. Russell locked on to Graham and didnt read the saftey at all.

They did a nice job of containing him... after the ball should have already been out. Russ messed up and it wasn't due to the pass rush.

Hawks46

Reaction score
There are a few things that have been bothering me.

1. Wilson doesn't seem to see when guys are going to break open. He doesn't throw his guys open or lead them well at all. As evidenced by that gif where Lockette and Baldwin flash open, yet Wilson locks onto Graham. Now to be fair, there has been a lot of noise about Graham's lack of targets and productions, and he is the primary read in the red zone. Still, if the defense is going to put 2 or 3 guys on him, someone is open.

2. We are terrible at reading the blitz. Carolina blitzed on one play last week and overloaded one side. Not one of the WRs broke out their routes. No one ran any hot routes. Who's issue is that, Wilson ? Bevell ? The receivers ? I know in many offenses, a WR needs to read the defense if the QB doesn't audible a play. If he reads blitz, he checkes his route to a hot route. The QB is aware of who the hot WR is. We don't seem to be able to do this at all.

3. Wilson isn't keeping on the read option when it's wide open. Maybe he's taking too many hits already, but I've seen wide open green grass and he's just not pulling the trigger.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I just finished watching the all-22 RW wasn't great patrick lewis contributed to this loss more than anyone else. Our oline was bad but he was obscenely incompetent.

marko358

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3rdzd673 said:
I just finished watching the all-22 RW wasn't great patrick lewis contributed to this loss more than anyone else. Our oline was bad but he was obscenely incompetent.

I was completely confused with the timing of that personnel change. Why replace Nowak after what appeared to be his best performance of the year in Cincinnati?

purpleneer

Reaction score
Play 1: Good call, good execution except Russ holds onto the ball when Doug should have it between the hashes
2: Poorly thrown fade, nothing else matters
3: Terrible, terrible choice on where to go with the ball. Fairly easy TD throw available.
4: Read-option that should have been kept. A defender there to prevent the TD (assuming he makes the play), but clearly the correct read with a relatively easy 3 or so
5: Not my favorite call, but works for the yard needed if the ball is out 2-4 steps earlier
6: The right defense for that play. Needed an audible there, preferably just a hand signal to throw a fade up top (back shoulder?)
7: Beautiful all around, set up a 2on2 with half the field for Baldwin and Kearse
8: That route with the fullback was always my favorite in Madden. Nice presnap switch by Russ
9: I totally agree. Absolute waste of a down

Also of note: 7 pass plays (1 quick fade, 1 rollout, and 1 quick flat pass) without protection problems and the blocking wasn't bad on the 2 runs either. The only real "miss" was on a backside cut that was really unreachable. Jimmy's block on the RO wasn't great, but ideal if the correct read is made.

ARhawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":3iieslzh said:
ARhawk":3iieslzh said:
LymonHawk":3iieslzh said:

They did a nice job of containing him... after the ball should have already been out. Russ messed up and it wasn't due to the pass rush.
I understand. I'm not trying to take blame off of Wilson because its a play he should've made. But he rarely makes those plays without having the kind of time he did against Green Bay, so the result of the play is not surprising.

Latest posts