Curious to know

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Last night I read the post from SalishHawkFan regarding the stats on Wilson and our RBs. I found this post interesting and it got me to thinking. I don't have the time, patience or knowledge to gather all of those stats like SHF did but I was wondering what is our record over, say, the past three years when Marshawn gets 20+ touches a game versus when he does not? (I actually saw one of the shows on NFL Network talking about Demarco Murray and his team's record when he gets 20+ carries....it is some crazy record like 26-2 or something.....not sure about the exact # of wins but I am pretty sure there were only 2 losses.) Anyway, I realize that he was out for a few games this year but maybe this stat would be telling. Any takers?

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Some of those would be from playing with the lead with an effective running game.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
WmHBonney":16zfvbxj said:
Last night I read the post from SalishHawkFan regarding the stats on Wilson and our RBs. I found this post interesting and it got me to thinking. I don't have the time, patience or knowledge to gather all of those stats like SHF did but I was wondering what is our record over, say, the past three years when Marshawn gets 20+ touches a game versus when he does not? (I actually saw one of the shows on NFL Network talking about Demarco Murray and his team's record when he gets 20+ carries....it is some crazy record like 26-2 or something.....not sure about the exact # of wins but I am pretty sure there were only 2 losses.) Anyway, I realize that he was out for a few games this year but maybe this stat would be telling. Any takers?

This site may contain the info you seek - http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LyncMa00/gamelog//

seehawkswin

Reaction score
This is one of my least favorite statistics. Getting lots of runs is often an effect of winning, not the other way around. People bring up the stat as if to say, "just run it x amount of times and we're bound to win."

I'd bet that we win every game that Jon Ryan doesn't punt. Just stop punting, and we'll win, ... right?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
seehawkswin":29vtlo91 said:
This is one of my least favorite statistics. Getting lots of runs is often an effect of winning, not the other way around. People bring up the stat as if to say, "just run it x amount of times and we're bound to win."

I'd bet that we win every game that Jon Ryan doesn't punt. Just stop punting, and we'll win, ... right?
This. Great post!