Why can't we have the 2009 Bevell play calling ?

Reaction score
In 2009 the Minnesota Vikings went 12-4 with Darrell Bevell as ther offensive coordinator and there starting lineup consisted of Brett Favre, Adrian Peterson, Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, and Visante Shiancoe.

If memory serves me correct I do recall their Offense being pretty damn potent running and passing with Bevell calling the plays. Does anyone know what offense that was ? Reason why I ask I swear our offense has never resembled that one single time since Bevell has been here. For all you saying he dosent know how to use a guy like Harvin, I'm not buying that because he seemed to fit in quite well in Minnesota.

I swear every time I watched the Vikings that year Favre was throwing darts and bombs 40 50 yards downfield and Rice hauling those in. They might have had a awesome OL that year I don't remember. I'm bascially posting this because I have been known to consign on those fire Bevell discussions on social media, I've been wanting him gone for 3 years now.

I just want to know what was the main corporate of that offense being so good that year, because it seemed as if Bevell called great games back then or am I missing something ? Please chime in people....

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Favre ran the offense. He has said it before. Bevell wasn't calling all of the plays. If I recall correctly, Bevell still called plays but Favre just changed what he wanted when he wanted, and did so regularly.

cacksman

Reaction score
I'm going to assume that team had at least a competent, if not very good o-line..

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It became a big point of contnetion the following season, when it stopped working and the vikings stunk, that Favre pretty much ignored what Childress was asking for on offense. It had been an issue the year before, but the winning covered up the stink.

blue 22

Reaction score
Too bad wilson doesn't have the cojones to overrule bev like favre. Too nice of a guy.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
cacksman":2hmkt5uz said:
I'm going to assume that team had at least a competent, if not very good o-line..

Yes it did. Big difference when you arent outsmarting yourself trying to convert tight-ends and DE to be your pass protectors.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Also 2009 Vikings had a fast powetful AD and a changeup in Harvin.
We have an aging skittles and continue to our run, run scramble-drill routine. That is why we are losing leads.