There will be coaches fired upon season end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
There's no way Cable or Bevell will be back next year barring a complete 180 on Offense. Changes must be made. If we are still failing next year then Pete and Wilson will come under heavy scrutiny as well and could be let go and probably should be . This Offense is horrid right now. Mostly because of the O-line and WR's if they fix that we might be ok next year. Left Corner also has to be addressed.

Davidess

Reaction score
Once the Oline gets going then I think you can expect play calling to improve. I believe a lot of the time Bevell is trying to get the ball either out quick or doesn't want long developing plays as this puts RW in the fetal position. just an obsvervation.
If bevell is let go I have to believe the new OC will follow in his foot steps and the play calling will be the same if Oline isn't improved.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Davidess":1my4o29o said:
Once the Oline gets going then I think you can expect play calling to improve. I believe a lot of the time Bevell is trying to get the ball either out quick or doesn't want long developing plays as this puts RW in the fetal position. just an obsvervation.
If bevell is let go I have to believe the new OC will follow in his foot steps and the play calling will be the same if Oline isn't improved.

Disagree we don't know what the next OC will do in a given situation that's not a guess that's a fact.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1ofzha3o said:
There's no way Cable or Bevell will be back next year barring a complete 180 on Offense. Changes must be made. If we are still failing next year then Pete and Wilson will come under heavy scrutiny as well and could be let go and probably should be . This Offense is horrid right now. Mostly because of the O-line and WR's if they fix that we might be ok next year. Left Corner also has to be addressed.

You say that, but Pete is notoriously loyal. Paging Paul Allen spill on aisle 12

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
If the defense doesn't get its shit together as well, Richard might be gone.

Davidess

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2lkcjoi9 said:
Davidess":2lkcjoi9 said:

Disagree we don't know what the next OC will do in a given situation that's not a guess that's a fact.

A new OC will be doing the same thing bevell is doing. know why? Pete is running the show. they know they don't have much time to throw the ball so basic routes is what they run. nothing fancy. which as we all know leads to discontentment among the fan base. Hawks O will flash at times but overall it will get frustrating as well because of how they've built the team. acquire offensive weapons and save what's left for Oline. Its worked in the past but if they want RW to be a pocket passer they will need better protection. not a guess, that's a fact.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm not saying that your wrong but what has occurred is that the oline has deteriorated to the point that we are no longer a power running threat and with out that our passing offense as it was conceived doesn't work well either. So we are left with adjusting the oline or adjusting the offense to fit what we can do with what we have on the field. IMO We saw a little of that with Jimmy finally being used as a wide out instead of in protection. What we can't do is ignore that things have changed and continue to try to pound a square peg into a round whole and expect great results!

Rob12

Reaction score
Yeah I think this post is probably a bit off. We'll see how it plays out.

Seafan

Reaction score
There are definitely chances that Bevell and Cable will get hired elsewhere.

Subzero717

Reaction score
The Op is right though. Cable and Bevell probably won't be back. They'll be head coaches somewhere else.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Thread necromancy for fun and profit? Seriously, people, this is not a cool practice.

What people say at a given time reflects their opinion at the time based on how they are feeling at the time. Back in October the team was losing, the OL looked like crap, and Wilson looked lost. Some passionate fans got frustrated and said some things. Big freaking deal. Get over it. If you get down on fans for being passionate you are doing a serious disservice to the team.

The very fact that it takes you until December 7th to necro a thread that stopped updating on October 20th suggests maybe the OP had a point at the time, or you would have thrown this in his face a hell of a lot sooner.

The fact you went back through one and half months' worth of posts to find this thread to necro it suggests the OP was living in your head rent-free all this time. Doesn't make you look good.

Thread necromancy is a despicable practice. It's childish. Shame on you.

Cartire

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2pfj9atg said:
Thread necromancy for fun and profit? Seriously, people, this is not a cool practice.

What people say at a given time reflects their opinion at the time based on how they are feeling at the time. Back in October the team was losing, the OL looked like crap, and Wilson looked lost. Some passionate fans got frustrated and said some things. Big freaking deal. Get over it. If you get down on fans for being passionate you are doing a serious disservice to the team.

The very fact that it takes you until December 7th to necro a thread that stopped updating on October 20th suggests maybe the OP had a point at the time, or you would have thrown this in his face a hell of a lot sooner.

The fact you went back through one and half months' worth of posts to find this thread to necro it suggests the OP was living in your head rent-free all this time. Doesn't make you look good.

Thread necromancy is a despicable practice. It's childish. Shame on you.

Who pissed in your Cheerios?

People overreact all the time on here. Its the same thing every season. So I actually enjoy these call outs. Happened at 3-3 last year. Happened this year. Will happen again in the seasons to come.

If you cant handle the humble pie being served, dont make overreacting statements that can end up biting you in the ass. Thats how you prevent these from being resurrected.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Couple things: if the trajectory had continued, the OP was (hopefully) right. The trajectory changed. We should be happy about that, regardless of what does or doesn't happen in the off-season. One of the greatest things about being a Seahawk fan these last couple of years is that I don't really care about the off-season so much anymore because the seasons go so well.

Second . . . thread necromancy? Awesome term. I like it. Does that make people who like to do it thread necrophiliacs?

jkitsune

Reaction score
Reviving old posts just so you can try to smear someone's face in being wrong, particularly when I'm positive the OP is just as delighted as everyone else with how the Seahawks are playing, is ridiculous.

Congratulations. This is the sort of stuff that makes people not even want to bother posting their opinion on here, and should be a bannable offense.

Boom84

Reaction score
jkitsune":dsch00hc said:
Reviving old posts just so you can try to smear someone's face in being wrong, particularly when I'm positive the OP is just as delighted as everyone else with how the Seahawks are playing, is ridiculous.

Congratulations. This is the sort of stuff that makes people not even want to bother posting their opinion on here, and should be a bannable offense.

Agree with ya here. Hindsight is 20/20. Let's just all get along and be happy our Seahawks are soaring again. #12stogether

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":270npty5 said:

I completely agree.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
jkitsune":1b1hkk8l said:
This is the sort of stuff that makes people not even want to bother posting their opinion on here...
Disagree. People who write provocative posts do it either to stir the pot or because they actually believe it. A pot-stirrer probably isn't going to be dissuaded from posting more (but if they go away, who cares?). Anyone else is likely to chime in and admit they were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.