Why can't we cover TE's

seabowl

Reaction score
Two weeks in a row that we get torched by TE's. Is it the players or the coaching?

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I'm guessing we're showing something in the film that there's a hole in our coverage and our rookie DC hasn't figured it out yet.

davidonmi

Reaction score
this was a problem under Bradley, for the most part we were fine under quinn. now back to crap.
gonna go ahead and blame richard

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I have a feeling Jimmy is busy protecting in practice.

Anyway that was a blown coverage today. Sherm and Earl couldn't figure out which one of them was supposed to take him. They are experienced so I have to believe this one was on them.

RussB

Reaction score
In the seahawks scheme usually linebackers or safeties cover the TE. Teams are starting to go after them and its working. Just like in the superbowl wright got burned by gronk .other teams probably saw that and are trying it. Those guys need to start covering better and it wont happen.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Olson is Cam Newton's best weapon. Everybody knows that. Olson had 2 massive catches in the final 2 drives ... and we couldn't stop him. We knew it. We expected it. We couldn't stop it.

Is Olson better than Graham? HELL NO. But do you think Russell would have thrown those balls to his TE? No, he would have thought ... his TE is covered ...and has no separation ...

We know they are throwing to their TE. We cover him, and they QB still makes the throw.
They know we want to throw to a 6ft5 freak athlete. Our QB doesn't trust him to catch the ball. Instead our QB throws to a undrafted 5ft10 guy with no speed.
Let's use our money guys ...

hawk45

Reaction score
Wilson threw to Graham in traffic plenty today.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
2Cool4School":3q2hkjmy said:
In the seahawks scheme usually linebackers or safeties cover the TE. Teams are starting to go after them and its working. Just like in the superbowl wright got burned by gronk .other teams probably saw that and are trying it. Those guys need to start covering better and it wont happen.

This right here. We got exposed by the Patriots and now everybody has seen how to successfully attack us. It's like a leak that needs to be plugged. It seems like we haven't quite found the leak yet though. That is on the coaches if you ask me. I STILL SAY WE MISS DAN QUINN MORE THAN FOLKS REALIZE.

RussB

Reaction score
WmHBonney":sbr0l6a8 said:
2Cool4School":sbr0l6a8 said:

This right here. We got exposed by the Patriots and now everybody has seen how to successfully attack us. It's like a leak that needs to be plugged. It seems like we haven't quite found the leak yet though. That is on the coaches if you ask me. I STILL SAY WE MISS DAN QUINN MORE THAN FOLKS REALIZE.
Belliecheck and patriots kind of set the blueprint. It needs to be fixed ASAP. teams have found a weakness are exposing it

brimsalabim

Reaction score
They way to plug it is to make the QB throw the ball before the TE can get down the field. When we are zone the whole is in the handoff from the under to the over the top.