Compete Forever...except when you have the ball and the lead

VegasSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Problem with this team is that we are calling plays not to lose when we are up by 13.......our defense set up short field after short field.....yet the predictable play calling continues. We had a td off a trick play and the other drive we ran play action after play action which gave Russ the opportunity to run and pass.......its time our offense steps on a teams throat. Our defense is elite the first 3 quarters, if our offense was just average in the 4th quarter we might have one loss this year. Its like we are running the same plays that have worked, not realizing that our OL is drastically worse and our defense still has Quinn as DC.

irfuben32

Reaction score
I agree. I put the blame for losing all of these leads late on the offenses inability to sustain a drive in the fourth quarter and eat the clock. (Which is what you get I guess when your O-line is hot garbage)

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Well said and I agree! Pete's philosophy worked when we could run block. Now we can't so adjustments must be made. Namely the foot needs to stay on the gas.