Michael Bennett fine tracker

ringless

Reaction score
Fined: $17,363 against KC on August 28th
Fined for Unnecessary roughness during Packers game $8,681
Fined: $20,000 for the Dalton debacle (potentially cost team points)
Total: $46,044

Now each one escalates in monetary fines in regards to personal fouls. (Next one will exceed 20k)

He has 8 total penalties this season:
6 Offside penalties
2 Personal Fouls

I know he was wanting a raise. But geeze he may have single handily played a direct role in two losses this year. GB offsides, and the negating penalty on bringing back Thomas's interception return.

My question is, at what point does Pete sit the man for a half. If someone had done this on my team I think it'd be a hard pill to swallow.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
No you can't sit him down.

Like Marshawn Lynch, Kam Chancellor, Angry Doug, and Jimmy Graham, Michael Bennett just is who is he is.

Regardless of if the Hawks like it or not, this is the downside of Pete being a player's coach. There are upsides to it too, but inevitably, when you let big personalities go unchecked, they end up running or tearing up the hen house from time-to-time.

It's why I found the immediate suspension of Coleman to be so bizarre.

marko358

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1f6bzec8 said:
marko358":1f6bzec8 said:
Popeyejones":1f6bzec8 said:

It's called star treatment.
Disagree....off field incident involving law enforcement vs. on field incidences (involving stupidity).

I don't know. I somehow doubt that RW gets immediately suspended by the team if this was him instead of Derrick.

DJrmb

Reaction score

Hawks46

Reaction score
The problem with Bennett is that he does get his bone headed offsides penalties, but he also leads the legue in QB hurries and is near the top in pressures and hits.

He is also near the top of the league in stops/tackles for loss. Yea, he does dumb stuff but he's so damn disruptive the rest of the time, that honestly it makes up for it.

The offsides against GB should never have been allowed to continue. He made contact with an OLman and the refs let it go because everyone wants to see Rodgers sling it deep. Rodgers also gets away with the most obvious head bob in the NFL (and yes, it's illegal). Conversely, you're not supposed to ever leave it in the hands of the refs because they'll screw it up more often than not.

Interestingly, the Rams have figured out the Rodgers hard count. If a guy gets drawn offsides, just keep going; once you get beyond the LOS, the have to blow the play dead if you're unimpeded to the QB.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2uns5w11 said:

Much different to deal with a personal foul penalty over a guy arrested and denied bail.