Temperature Check: Where are you at?

Are you feeling positive or negative about how the season will go?

• Positive

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • Negative

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Meh (see comment)

Votes: 15 25.9%

• Total voters

Laloosh

Reaction score
Emotions have run high. Just wanted to take a quick temperature check to see where people are at with the team right now.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If the Seahawks - in their recent championship years - weren't known for slow starts to the season I would be much more worried. Instead, this seems to be this club's M.O. for whatever number of reasons.

Having said that, the winning needs to start NOW, this weekend against the beatable 4-0 Panthers.

Exittium

Reaction score
Meh, i want to know wtf is up with the team. Just feels like with the amount of miscommunication there's dome disconnect especially with our secondary. Once the best, and isn't playing like it. Call me weird but I find it concerning that im not seeing the defense celebrate after every hit. Bennett had that sack, no belly roll nothing. Earl of the int, Kam nowhere to celebrate with him like they usually to. (Or every hit they celebrate)

nanomoz

Reaction score
Meh.

I'm keeping expectations in check unless the Hawks win three or four in a row.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
We have now taken the two hardest games on our schedule - GB in GB and CIN in CIN.

Two of the top 5 teams in the NFL this year, and in their own houses. Those two games were always going to be the hardest, and we took them on at our least prepared.

In GB we were simply not ready to play. The O line was all over the place, D lacked fire, Offensive playcalling was a joke - and no matter who you are, you will never do well in Lambeau against someone as good as Rogers nonetheless. We were completely outcoached and showed up unready. Even if we did show up better, that still would have been the hardest game on our sked.

CIN has been a rising star for the last few years, and it seems this year they actually believe it, and are playing up to it. I expect them to dictate the AFC.

In the CIN game we finally showed some offensive capability. Solid drives, actual legitimate offensive touchdowns. Good play on the defensive side until lat in the game. Then the coaching went south - too much 'try not to lose' too early in the game - there was still way too much time in that game to let off the gas on a team that good - and again - in their own house.

With the noteable exception of the decision to stop playing the game early, CIN was probably the best game we have played so far.

Build on that, and don't friggin give up, and we got it.

What have we lost? control of the NFC. That is solidly in GBs hands. I still expect us to win the division and go to the playoffs, but because we were not prepared for the first four games this season, we have given up total control over our destiny.

CAR will be hard, but we can take them, and a hard home game is the right time to grab the right attitude to drive for the rest of the season.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Aros":1altgi85 said:
If the Seahawks - in their recent championship years - weren't known for slow starts to the season I would be much more worried. Instead, this seems to be this club's M.O. for whatever number of reasons.

Having said that, the winning needs to start NOW, this weekend against the beatable 4-0 Panthers.
Not 100 percent true Todd. The year we won it all, the only year, we started like 10 and 1 or something like that. Slow starts don't equal championships for us.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Tech Worlds":g8ukn62g said:
Not 100 percent true Todd. The year we won it all, the only year, we started like 10 and 1 or something like that. Slow starts don't equal championships for us.

You shut your whore mouth.

drdiags

Reaction score
I take the point of view to look at each quarter of the season to see what I think.

This year, at 2-2, was hoping the team could start to gel on both sides of the ball after Kam's hold-out, new TE and DB trying to fit in.

The start of the 2nd quarter of the season was looking good for about 3 quarters, now its back to trying to understand what type of team we have this year.

I remember how things looked losing to KC last year and sitting at 6-4. You cannot continue to count on some late season turnaround but prior history has shown that Pete's teams here have shown that trait. In 2012 it was the Bears game that sparked them. Last year, I forget. Even the SB winning year I remember the loss late in San Fran so it hasn't been total domination just very good results in the end.

8th game is my next milestone. Hoping for 5-3 but maybe they are 4-4 or (don't want to think about it).

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
Still positive. I have seen signs that things can improve. Will they? Of course time will tell...

Mojambo

Reaction score
Same place as always. Enjoying watching football and hoping my team wins.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Started 3-3 last year, so I'm not overly worried yet. If we lose at home this weekend, then my outlook will be pretty negative.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Exittium":3t0httal said:
Meh, i want to know wtf is up with the team. Just feels like with the amount of miscommunication there's dome disconnect especially with our secondary. Once the best, and isn't playing like it. Call me weird but I find it concerning that im not seeing the defense celebrate after every hit. Bennett had that sack, no belly roll nothing. Earl of the int, Kam nowhere to celebrate with him like they usually to. (Or every hit they celebrate)

This team is still not "clicking" together on the same page. The players are not "in sync". We all know what this team can do when they focus and move as one.....both Offense and Defense hitting their stride. I just haven't seen it consistently. There are periods where it appears that they are coming together. Then the next series of plays ....total disfunctionality!
Well I remember when Dave Krieg took the field. One could tell within the first five minutes wither we were going to win the game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
We have reasons to be positive: OL is starting to gel a little bit, Rawls is coming along so we have Marshawn insurance, defense should be improving with most of the components back and playing more together.

We have reasons to be negative: offensive is still playing poorly, Wilson seems to be a step slow in his reads and is hesitant and missing open guys, Graham can't seem to integrate himself into productivity, a perception of lack of fire by the defense, and a stubborn offensive philosophy of not changing anything even when it's not working.

I can see us ripping off 5 straight. I can see us losing 3 more games and being mired in mediocrity.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I am where I was last year when we were sputtering early in the year..............not sure if this team has the composure and fire in their bellies to right the ship and make another run.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Aros":3twtfhqa said:
Tech Worlds":3twtfhqa said:

Since Dom is on the boat, that's probably Jen you're talking to. :mrgreen:

LymonHawk

Reaction score
To quote one of my childhood heroes, 'It ain't over till it's over.'

When we were 3-3 last year, how many folks believed we would catch the Cardinals and win the division? We did it before, and we can do it again!

Go 'Hawks! Crush dem rotten Cats!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
LymonHawk":6cqzbzoq said:
Aros":6cqzbzoq said:
Tech Worlds":6cqzbzoq said:

Since Dom is on the boat, that's probably Jen you're talking to. :mrgreen:
Yep and because of that he's going to receive the People's Elbow next time I see him m

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm worried that the "chemistry" is gone or out of whack.

It's the one thing that we really don't know much about and IMO is a huge factor in any teams success.
I love my Seahawks but I'm not confident.
Hope it's all just the worry wort in my head.