Next Gen Stats: Bengals expose Chancellor in coverage

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't agree with this guy, I don't think he completely understands how the Seahawks play. I lean more towards this was a result of not playing together or practicing together enough and because of that, miscommunication. It's not all Kam. Although he did let Eifert make a spectacular catch, but that was a great play by Tyler, not a bad one by the Chancellor of the Defense.

"An emerging star at tight end, Tyler Eifert scored two easy touchdowns on twin seam passes over Chancellor's head, leading to finger-pointing and shoulder-shrugging among the defensive backs"

"Eifert flat-out beat Chancellor down the field for a brilliant 25-yard diving catch that set up the game-tying field goal late in the fourth quarter."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... n-coverage

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
ivotuk":zwcbabbx said:
I don't agree with this guy, I don't think he completely understands how the Seahawks play. I lean more towards this was a result of not playing together or practicing together enough and because of that, miscommunication. It's not all Kam. Although he did let Eifert make a spectacular catch, but that was a great play by Tyler, not a bad one by the Chancellor of the Defense.

"An emerging star at tight end, Tyler Eifert scored two easy touchdowns on twin seam passes over Chancellor's head, leading to finger-pointing and shoulder-shrugging among the defensive backs"

"Eifert flat-out beat Chancellor down the field for a brilliant 25-yard diving catch that set up the game-tying field goal late in the fourth quarter."

How is it beating Kam when he didnt even go with him haha. Its not like Kam got faked or he just got outrun

ringless

Reaction score
Chancellor couldn't have defended Eifert any better on that 25yd catch. It was honestly just a big time play in a big time moment by Eifert. In watching the all 22 last night he was literally on him like glue.

The other two TD's Kam never appeared to leave his Zone so I am assuming it was someone elses responsibility but I don't know.

If I could knock anything on Chancellor he missed two tackles flat out. One of them kept that last 4th quarter drive going. He didn't tackle well this past Sunday and that's what stood out to me. Not those other plays

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Agree that no one was "flat out beat" on that 25 yard catch.

Just a great throw and catch. Coverage couldn't have been tighter. You simply tip your cap to Dalton and Eifert on a play like that.

Eifert played a heck of a game. I don't think we covered him poorly (besides the first blown TD). Dalton gave him some opportunities in tight coverage, and he just made plays time and time again.

Tical21

Reaction score
Sure, he got beat. Took a heckuva play to do it, but sure.

The eye-opening thing with Kam was a couple of missed tackles and poor angles in run support. He flat-out had a bad game on Sunday.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Eifert had a monster game and appears to be a player to be reckoned with.

But, the first thing I thought when I read the story was that the headline needs to make it's way to Chancellor's locker bulletin board. :snack: For one's personal safety, might want to chain him up first.

"Hey Kam, you see what they said about you?"

[youtube]28khv-BydeY[/youtube]

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
ringless":30lfsbyp said:
Chancellor couldn't

The other two TD's Kam never appeared to leave his Zone so I am assuming it was someone elses responsibility but I don't know.

Correct. Pete Carrol said that Kam stayed in his zone because, tadaaaa!, Carry Williams had deep coverage assigment on those plays.

Hawks46

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2dppg74r said:
ivotuk":2dppg74r said:

How is it beating Kam when he didnt even go with him haha. Its not like Kam got faked or he just got outrun

Well if you blow an assignment, it's still getting beat.

that said, it looks like Kam passed Eifert off.

He also didn't get "flat out" beat, that was an amazing throw and grab. It's been said repeatedly that a perfect throw will beat perfect coverage. That play proves it.

RussB

Reaction score
On the two TD plays it looked like kam was in zone coverage. Whoever was back there was supposed to be covering eifert , either earl or cary. All kam could do was jump up and try to bat the ball or pick it off.

Exittium

Reaction score
2Cool4School":imhdu5fi said:
On the two TD plays it looked like kam was in zone coverage. Whoever was back there was supposed to be covering eifert , either earl or cary. All kam could do was jump up and try to bat the ball or pick it off.

His lack of effort or awareness is what concerns me. I hope its just him being rusty and not him just being like "screw it" I already showed them I need to get paid ordeal.

I mean look in the NFCCG Against SF didnt he catch two passes then would have otherwise went over him? So therefore he has the ability to, unlike thomas who CAN'T and has ADMITTED to not being able to high point the ball with his shoulder as is.