For the older fans

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
God yes...It was insufferable mediocrity at its finest.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
That MNF game against the Rams. GAAAWWDD, what a game. Eric Dickerson I've hated him ever since.

Also -- the QB for the Rams that game: DIETER BROCK! AAARRGGGHH!!!!

The point is, folks, enjoy the good times. Yeah, the team seems like it's a step behind now, but hopefully you appreciate that being a Seahawk fan has rarely been easy.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Remember it well. Although without looking it up, I don't remember if we won the first two or Lost the first two. But it was win two, lose two and so on for the entire season. For those mathematically challenged, we ended up 8-8.

It was the Sports Illustrated jinx. We were their preseason pick to win it all.

OP
OP
SeahawksBMX

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1pk0oll3 said:
It was even harder to take 'cause we went 12-4 the season before... :229031_banghead:

Yep, without Curt Warner. Getting him back in '85 was supposed to be the missing piece. Granted, even if that season met expectations, hello '85 Bears D!

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":2ymlrxqy said:
BlueThunder":2ymlrxqy said:
It was even harder to take 'cause we went 12-4 the season before... :229031_banghead:

Yep, without Curt Warner. Getting him back in '85 was supposed to be the missing piece. Granted, even if that season met expectations, hello '85 Bears D!

The Pats ended up being the sacrificial lambs for the Monsters of the Midway. I guess a blessing in disguise.

OP
OP
SeahawksBMX

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":vxs628ay said:
That MNF game against the Rams. GAAAWWDD, what a game. Eric f-ing Dickerson I've hated him ever since.

Also -- the QB for the Rams that game: DIETER F-ING BROCK! AAARRGGGHH!!!!

The point is, folks, enjoy the good times. Yeah, the team seems like it's a step behind now, but hopefully you appreciate that being a Seahawk fan has rarely been easy.

I was a few rows up from the crazy play where Krieg fumbled and it bounced back to him, then he hit Danny Greene for the TD. Got us back in the game, but then the Rams pulled away. Dickerson was a beast.

OP
OP
SeahawksBMX

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":2ggm368h said:
SeahawksBMX":2ggm368h said:
BlueThunder":2ggm368h said:

The Pats ended up being the sacrificial lambs for the Monsters of the Midway. I guess a blessing in disguise.

Hindsight. Thank goodness for that utterly disappointing season.

And how am I just NOW realizing the coincidence between the Bears oddball score of 46 to go with Buddy's infamous 46 defense? I guess I just wasn't fascinated by numerology as a 15-year old kid like I am now.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Watching the Raiders come into the Kingdome year after year and kick our butts.
And their fans traveled well. Some games I'd swear there'd be more of them than us in some sections.

Never got in a brawl. But those were tough times.

Go Hawks!

rjdriver

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":85pm9zd0 said:
Remember it well. Although without looking it up, I don't remember if we won the first two or Lost the first two. But it was win two, lose two and so on for the entire season. For those mathematically challenged, we ended up 8-8.

It was the Sports Illustrated jinx. We were their preseason pick to win it all.

I think this was the year Playboy picked us to win it all as well.

I was thirteen and full of hormones but skipped over the naked chicks ro read the projection so don't ever question my fandom.

My sexuality perhaps, but never my fandom. Lol.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":9c8kain9 said:
Remember the crazy "win 2, lose 2" 1985 Seahawks?
Kept that up for the ENTIRE season:
http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXteamsXXseaXX1985_games.htm&t=0

That team started with a pair of wins rather than losses like this year's crew, but we need to buck the trend beginning this Sunday.

Go Hawks.
Yep, I sure as hell do remember....That's why this 2 & 3 crap doesn't mean shit to me.
The 2015 Seahawks ain't your 1985 Seahawks :stirthepot:

Wartooth

Reaction score
That season was brutal.
That's why all these 'fans' running around with their heads on fire over this years slow start are amusing.
The last few seasons have been the best its ever been as a Hawks fan.
Even if this is a down year, and they back in, or miss the playoffs...
It's still better than all those lost seasons of misery in the past!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
That was the year when many national pundits started paying attention and even picked the Hawks to go to the Super Bowl, a huge thing back in the pre-Internet and dozens of sports TV channels and sports radio days. It was as if the Hawks finally arrived and then the team never lived up to any of the hype.

justafan

Reaction score
Probably the most disappointing season for me in Hawk history.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Honestly, the first thing I thought when we lost this game was "same old Seahawks".

Most of my youth, I remember the Seahawks as being mediocre. The biggest problem was, when you expected them to be terrible, they rarely were terrible. They'd do just enough to get your hopes up, then they'd screw up and dash your hopes.

I honestly though we were going to lose the Cincy game, and by 10 or 11 points. But nope, we went out and started kicking butt. Up 17 points I'm thinking "holy crap, Cincy has only scored 7 all game, this looks like we're going to pull this out".

Ummm, yea right. Same ol, same ol'. The last few years broke me of this. I don't give up on the team when I see the momentum swinging in the 2nd half like I used to. But this year is starting to bring back all those old memories.