Toughest schedule so far?

12thbrah

Reaction score
3 of our first 6 games will have been against teams that are currently undefeated and we still have to play the Cardinals.

Absolutey brutal

bmorepunk

Reaction score
On the road as well.

Although they wouldn't all be undefeated if a win had been picked up. But pretty hard considering the teams and how they're playing.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I'd rather be battle tested in tough games early, then blowing non playoff teams out on a consistent basis. I think the start last season was the reason the team came together last season and rolled through the end of the year.

Although it would have saved me from unhealthy stress levels like I have endured over the past few weeks.

RussB

Reaction score
Probably the toughest schedule of any team in the NFL. oh well. We're about to go on a run anyway

inda2o6

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks will improve, as the season goes along, barring injuries. Lynch is rested, the o line is jelling not sure about Britt being our LG the whole season... th e Bengals lost happend but this was also a short week after playing the Lions on Monday Night then flying to Cincy and playing at 10A.M. i won't give up on the team just certain parts of them. LG, OC...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Easily.

That's why the veteran Seahawk fans here are taking a calmer approach. We know its a long season and the start of the season has been BRUTAL from a schedule standpoint.

That being said, winning in the NFL is tough and it may not work out this year. Sometimes rough starts are hard to overcome....the hawks will have to be lights out down the stretch, their wiggle room is slim to none now.

sutz

Reaction score
It's been brutal, tbs. The bright side is 5 of 8 at home in the second half. Hopefully, we can survive til then. :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Toughest schedule depending on who's eyes your looking thru eyes, at the beginning of the season many here were saying the Rams game was a gimme, we knew GB would be tough, Detroit was a gimme also by most here, Cincy was a win because they had Dalton. Nobody saying these things will step up to it now, but we have struggled against everyone. We never have really looked like we controlled things even if a score was close.

Remember we are the defending Super Bowl representatives from the NFC, everyone is looking at us as a tough opponent and a statement game, we are not stepping up to the challenge like we have before. Maybe it's all the extra games, maybe it's a lack of hunger and more focus on the business side rather then the game itself, maybe it's the creativity of our staff to bring a new wrinkle to keep teams off balance.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
chris98251":3366u8nh said:
Toughest schedule depending on who's eyes your looking thru eyes, at the beginning of the season many here were saying the Rams game was a gimme, we knew GB would be tough, Detroit was a gimme also by most here, Cincy was a win because they had Dalton. Nobody saying these things will step up to it now, but we have struggled against everyone. We never have really looked like we controlled things even if a score was close.

Remember we are the defending Super Bowl representatives from the NFC, everyone is looking at us as a tough opponent and a statement game, we are not stepping up to the challenge like we have before. Maybe it's all the extra games, maybe it's a lack of hunger and more focus on the business side rather then the game itself, maybe it's the creativity of our staff to bring a new wrinkle to keep teams off balance.

We're not stepping up like we did last year against SD, St Louis, Dallas, KC,...............

Or different?

When the dust settles and the schedule evens out, we will see if this narrative is correct, or over-reactive like it was last year.

evergreen

Reaction score
We had reasons last year. Percy Harvin. Injuries to Kam, Maxi, and Bobby. I guess the Kam hold out is close...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
evergreen":3vstnsdo said:
We had reasons last year. Percy Harvin. Injuries to Kam, Maxi, and Bobby. I guess the Kam hold out is close...

Injury to Marshawn

His production has been replaced, but if we are going to cite abstract things like Percy distractions, then we can cite the leadership lost without our Beast.

Bottom line, it will shake out over the coming weeks and months. While concerns week to week are certainly valid, there is a strong possibility that there are over-reactions happening, just like last year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yet the Cards get to play the Steelers w/out Rottenbarfer. We'll be facing him. Funny how things work out for that team.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1lf3y3xi said:
His production has been replaced, but if we are going to cite abstract things like Percy distractions, then we can cite the leadership lost without our Beast.

I love Lynch probably more than most Hawks fans do (and definitely have for longer), but :lol: :lol: at saying him not playing has been a loss for leadership. Seriously. The best thing you can say about Lynch from a team perspective is that most of the time he's not a distraction.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
12thbrah":2bzol3d1 said:
3 of our first 6 games will have been against teams that are currently undefeated and we still have to play the Cardinals.

Absolutey brutal

If you remove the v. Hawks games their opponents so far are 11-9. There's nothing particularly brutal about that.

Likewise, you gotta factor in that they got to play a Jimmy Clausen led Bears team. If Jimmy Clausen was the starting QB for the Bears all year their opponents being 9-11 would probably be more likely than their opponents being 11-9.

And if you wanna look in the future to the Cardinals match up and include the Panthers, then you also have to include the 1-4 9ers and 2-3 Cowboys (who have gone 0-3 since Romo has been out).

Basically, by the time the Hawks play the Cardinals it's incredibly unlikely that they're collective opponents will be above .500

MexHawk

Reaction score
evergreen":1gny1z20 said:

And a new DC. Defense was bound to have a hard time adapting IMO.

Latest posts