Twice, not once. Same player, same play, (Tyler Eifert) runs
By KAm for a easy TD.
Blown coverage. Now we're seeing the rust that we were hoping
We wouldn't see from KAm holding out the preseason and first
2 regular season games.
Take away those 2 easy TD's, we might have a W instead of a
Loss.
You can also tell he is not sharp back there. I don't know how
Many times Sherman and Earl Thomas were talking in his ear.
We should see mass improvement as the season goes on.
Hopefully we're still in the conversation.
GO HAWKS :0190l: :0190l:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not even close to the goat.

CJ would normally be the goat, but even his massive issues in this game were overshadowed by the failure on our offense.

Clear goat is Bevell. Kam is barely 3rd on the list, and frankly he has an excuse the others do not.

Also, it was pointed out by others that the TD may not have been his mistake because he seemed to sit in that area on other plays too. Someone else who understands how that play works will have to break it down, but I would bet there is a chance that it was not just an outright mistake by Kam on the exact same play 2x in a row.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
stack55":oxp6aesj said:
KAm Chancellor

By KAm for a easy TD.:

First one was on Kam, 2nd TD Williams was suppose to slide over, so that's on him.

But I won't argue with Kam being the goat. The LOB stunk, but he stunk the most. Awful in coverage, and MANY missed tackles.

CoRt

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1fajiwij said:
stack55":1fajiwij said:
KAm Chancellor

By KAm for a easy TD.:

First one was on Kam, 2nd TD Williams was suppose to slide over, so that's on him.

But I won't argue with Kam being the goat. The LOB stunk, but he stunk the most. Awful in coverage, and MANY missed tackles.

Do you think it's the DC? I didn't see any changes to when Carry kept getting beat over top. I thought they would go to cover 3 more. Earl and Kam were down low a lot yesterday. I just feel like the scheme now is not very good. All i am reading is how RW stunk it up yesterday and the OC should be fired. No ones is really talking about the DC on this team. You get a garage full of race cars like Richard did, and we find out that you can barely drive? We have legit talent all across the Defense. How in the hell do we give up 17 that fast?

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
Kam did show some rust, but there is plenty I would say is the goat over him. Williams was picked on the entire game for one. Bevell was well... Bevell. The entire defense went flat in the 4th quarter. Bennett with his stupid penalties, he might have kept 4 points off the board after the ET interception. That could have kept the game out of overtime. There is plent of blame to spread around, but not much to Kam by comparison.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CoRt":2v42ygj6 said:
Sgt. Largent":2v42ygj6 said:
stack55":2v42ygj6 said:
KAm Chancellor

By KAm for a easy TD.:

Do you think it's the DC? I didn't see any changes to when Carry kept getting beat over top. I thought they would go to cover 3 more. Earl and Kam were down low a lot yesterday. I just feel like the scheme now is not very good. All i am reading is how RW stunk it up yesterday and the OC should be fired. No ones is really talking about the DC on this team. You get a garage full of race cars like Richard did, and we find out that you can barely drive? We have legit talent all across the Defense. How in the hell do we give up 17 that fast?

Well I think we're seeing with the amazing turn around of the Falcon defense that hell yeah it's partly the DC.

Quinn obviously was able to motivate our defense, where RIchard hasn't figured it out yet. I also think Norton was a HUGE loss.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Actually, on one those Kam touchdowns, I think it was Earl that was out of position. Rodgers caught him down the slot in the same way.

Cary Williams did commit two big PI penalties, though. We've got another Browner/Maxwell on our hands.

Chawker

Reaction score
So you haven't had a bad day at work? I have, Kams no different then the rest of us.
GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RussB

Reaction score
He also gave up that big catch tyler eifert had in the 4th. And couldnt tackle for shit either. Thats what happens when you skip training camp

KPA

Reaction score
We can actually list a few...

Cary Williams - Slow, PI machine.

Michael Bennett - Neutral Zone Infraction machine, 60+ yard Personal foul.

Kam Chancellor - Not that smart... see holdout, looked lost... see holdout.

Darrell Bevell - Play calling is absolutely baffling. No Rawls on OT drive.

Russell Wilson - Trying to rely on escapability rather than making read progressions.

Pete Carroll - Allowing the team to take thier foot off Cincinnati's throat.

Or maybe it's a combination of all of these.

Cartire

Reaction score
pmedic920":19iy1tt4 said:
I'm confused.
I thought Goat = greatest of all time.

It does. Somewhere down the line, Peter King started using the term to highlight bad performances, because he thought thats what it meant. Now, people who were unaware of the term before, started using it in the same context. Now, some people think it means a bad performance.

GOAT has always meant the Greatest of All Time.

MJ was the Goat. Ect.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Cartire":3dnv7v6e said:
It does. Somewhere down the line, Peter King started using the term to highlight bad performances, because he thought thats what it meant. Now, people who were unaware of the term before, started using it in the same context. Now, some people think it means a bad performance.

GOAT has always meant the Greatest of All Time.

MJ was the Goat. Ect.

Thank you, thought I was losing my mind:{)

minormillikin

Reaction score
What? A goat has always been associated with loser. It goes way back. It's Charlie Brown old (I literally remember the term from Peanuts comics).

I remember Sports Illustrated as a kid calling John Elway a goat after losing 2 Super Bowls.

From Webster's dictionary: the goat : a person who is blamed for a loss or failure

This GOAT (greatest of all time) thing seems like something some sports writer came up with to be clever.

Famous goats:
http://billd01603.hubpages.com/hub/Ten- ... orts-Goats

DOPbZOt58JkUwcSzpPQkf0FBGpWOw6N8fjlm Rkpl40dT64aK4

kearly

Reaction score
Kam looked a bit off in this game, other than his big hit on Eifert. But I don't really blame him for the TDs, that was more a case of the Bengals attacking a vulnerable spot in Seattle's Zone coverage by throwing the ball during the exchange point from Kam to Earl.

Cary Williams did have a rough game, but I thought the first PI call against him was a joke. He basically put his arm up (without grabbing) to feel his receivers location, something that happens on virtually 100% of deep coverages and never gets called (nor should it).

The 2nd PI call was 50/50 to me. It got called, but I bet you wouldn't see that call in the playoffs where they are looser with penalties.

Pete normally won't go after officials but one of the first things he (respectfully) said in his post-game press conference was that he didn't agree with either of the calls against Williams.

The player I'd most blame for the loss is Wilson, despite the fact that he was pretty good in the first three quarters. He had 5-6 chances to put the game away with a drive at the end and couldn't do it. Seattle played well enough to win and our QB couldn't finish the deal. It's been a weird season.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
CoRt":3nbpj4bt said:
Do you think it's the DC? I didn't see any changes to when Carry kept getting beat over top.
I would like to know who is responsible for all the short passes? I mean the 7-, 8-, 9-yard quick passes, usually on a slant? We have had a problem with that for years and years, so it's not on the greenie DC. And, despite what I have heard, IMHO it's not our DL not getting there quick enough; these passes are gone in barely a second.

So who is it? Tht's who I vote for goat.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
How about Lockett ? Did you see the catch, where he failed to just drag his right foot? He just needed to drag that second foot and things would have been perfect. Would have given us a first down ... and moved us into field goal range ...
OK. I'm being a little picky ...

bighawk

Reaction score
I didn't see the game but from the highlights it looked like Kam was out of position on 2 of the touchdowns. I am disappointed in the offense not running down the clock and at least getting us in field goal range. But big props to Rawls for his career day and the O-line playing well except the 4th quarter. I still believe if all phases comes together in the same game these games will be blowouts.