A tale of two halves

Laloosh

Reaction score
Kam and Earl miscommunication on two Eifert TDs aside, I thought the defense just wore down.

Cincinnati controlled TOP in both halves but I felt like bevell coached us out of a win. We had more consistent run blocking, amazing passing efficiency and we found a way to shut A.J. down for most of the game.

Felt that taking Rawls off of the field on 3rd and 4 twice, completely telegraphed our intentions and killed two drives.

Cincinnati DL made some plays in the 2nd half and Dalton was clutch as hell with some really nice passes. I read a lot of posts ragging on Wilson for failing to produce but I think Bevell threw a hanging curve ball in the 2nd half.

Once the pass blocking started to break down, we didn't see anything to move the pocket. Saw some long developing routes, empty sets while up by more than a TD? That's just asking for trouble.

Kam or Earl gave up two TDs against virtually identical plays.

I think Rawls had 5 carries in the 2nd half. (Don't quote me on it though)

We had our best three quarters of football this season and lost. I hate it but I'm not going to lose my shit over it.

[edit] Rawls had a lot more carries than I thought in the 2nd half. Thought he had 17 in the first half, probably closer to 12 or 13?

Rocket

Reaction score
So ya think the short week did it, or not anticipating the Bengals halftime adjustments?
Or were someones balls jut deflated?

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
Rocket":2ucn3hvy said:
So ya think the short week did it, or not anticipating the Bengals halftime adjustments?
There are plenty of threads to be sarcastic and obnoxious in. I'd prefer discussion in this one.

I said what I thought it was.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2mazco35 said:
Rocket":2mazco35 said:

This makes zero sense.

No! Actually it makes perfect sense. Once we got up 17, Pete let all the air out of his balls.