Damn Impressed With Wilson.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Given how utterly horrific our OL is right now with ZERO ability to protect our beloved QB, check out these stats from Monday night. Even though he was sacked 6 times...

He completed 20-26 passes Monday night for 287 yards, a 76.9 completion % and a 125 QB rating.

His QB rating for the year is 100.5.

That's incredible.

I can't think of any other QB in the league that would have those numbers with this OFFENSIVE line we have. It truly tells the tale of how special Wilson really is. Of course this can't last and if the OL doesn't improve the only stat we will be looking at is how many games he is missing due to injury.

Oh, and Fire Bevell.

justafan

Reaction score
Most Qbs would have been chucking and ducking putting it up for grabs.The guy took a beating and never faltered.

That was the first game I was scared of him getting an injury.You are right no player in the league could have handled it better than Wilson

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Other than ball security on that fumble turned touchdown, he did the best he could considering that horrific blocking.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Some spectacular plays. That 3rd down scramble, where he basically avoids two sacks on the same play, and he finds Kearse. HUGE play in the game. Next play was the TD pass to Baldwin.

Very few QB's can do what he does, as far as scrambling and making things happen.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It's weird to me Wilson doesn't get more credit from fans and nationally. I know its starting to turn but without Wilson this team would be a trainwreck right now on offense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Many many people have decided they just don't like him, and have a blatant refusal to give him credit.
Good, keeps that chip on the shoulder.

StoneCold

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":6tci0bi6 said:
Some spectacular plays. That 3rd down scramble, where he basically avoids two sacks on the same play, and he finds Kearse. HUGE play in the game. Next play was the TD pass to Baldwin.

Very few QB's can do what he does, as far as scrambling and making things happen.

And on that play he took a huge hit after releasing the pass to Kearse. Truly an heroic performance.

SC

seahawks08

Reaction score
I have not seen him comfortable and making the throws he made the previous years on blitzes, I also think having Marshawn as safety net is critical for RW from the last game I watched. He will get better, but he does have things he can grow on. He says that and so does coach Pete. I think the OL is confusing him not knowing how much time he will have in the pocket, that is an adjustment the OL and RW needs to make. If ML was healthy and in the field, I don't think so many sacks would have happened. Having said that, defenses have figured out his natural scrambling and are staying with receivers even when the play breaks down, otherwise he would have thrown some deep balls for sure.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
It really, truly is amazing considering the lack of protection and seemingly lack of adjustment to the play calling to help him out. Just as amazing that we're not seeing photo's of kids visiting RW as a patient at children's hospital on Tuesday mornings at this point...

Laloosh

Reaction score
Aros":3bcc1y0l said:
He completed 20-26 passes Monday night for 287 yards, a 76.9 completion % and a 125 QB rating.

His QB rating for the year is 100.5.

That's incredible.

It is impressive. He's also 12th in air yards which means we're not relying on screens and 2 yard passes to move up and down the field. He's got the 13th lowest % of YAC so he's doing it through the air.

Needs to work on his ball placement though imo. Hitting guys in stride can lead to a lot more YAC if they don't have to reach behind, go up high, etc. Also, throw more to JG.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
From ESPN Sheil Kapiada
"What's concerning about Monday night's performance is the Lions didn't have to do anything tricky to produce pressure. According to ESPN Stats & Information, five of Detroit's sacks came when it rushed four defenders or fewer. Wilson was actually good against the blitz, going 7-for-7 for 91 yards."

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This was one of his best games. Outside of his two fumbles, he was phenomenal

Ambrose83

Reaction score
austinslater25":wy02e22g said:
It's weird to me Wilson doesn't get more credit from fans and nationally. I know its starting to turn but without Wilson this team would be a trainwreck right now on offense.
with him we are a trainwreck.... imagine without him

bandiger

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/status/651815205756895232[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/status/651816168555180032[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/status/651816353003884544[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/status/651816417277419520[/tweet]

I know Cosell never liked Seahawks Bevell-Cable offense.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
2Cool4School":3eg0gq92 said:
best scambler since VIck

Oh my God you just entered sacred territory on .NET. Hass is Man! (Alumni will get this).

Rob12

Reaction score
Best QB in the league. Not bar none, but for this team. There's more "pure" QB's out there, but none can extend plays and frustrate defenses like RW can. Clay Matthews telling Colin that he's not Russ shows the level of respect that he gets around the league.

At 26, he's going to get better, too. We're lucky to have him. He's a HOF bound QB that is now the face of this great franchise.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rob12":2by70cp4 said:
Best QB in the league. Not bar none, but for this team. There's more "pure" QB's out there, but none can extend plays and frustrate defenses like RW can. Clay Matthews telling Colin that he's not Russ shows the level of respect that he gets around the league.

At 26, he's going to get better, too. We're lucky to have him. He's a HOF bound QB that is now the face of this great franchise.

Amen brother.