I Blame It on the Superbowl, the O-Line and Bevell...

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Now I know a lot of people on here get upset when someone posts something critical of our team but its time to be honest with ourselves. Something is not right with this team. Of course we look at the positive takeaways from each game and whenever the team gets a "W"....but in today's NFL... squeaking by is not going to take you to (or much rather) win a Superbowl.

Ever since that fateful interception, it seems that our team (specifically the offense) has lost its identity. There were a lot of well documented issues during the offseason, ranging from the offense and defense having issues with each other to mentally overcoming the anguish from that interception.

Couple issues here:

1) Our O-line is absolutely atrocious (the obvious). Its only going to be a matter of time before they give up a huge sack and RW gets injured which I pray never happens. Not only is he scrambling for his life but now, defenses have zero respect for our run game. Even Lynch cant find enough space to gain some positive yards.

2) I don't know about you guys but the Jimmy Graham acquisition has been a failure thus far. It seems as though Bevell can't incoporate him into the offense and its becoming seemingly obvious that Graham is becoming frustrated with his role. He's a terrible blocker. Knowing that he can't block for beans, they need to accentuate his strengths and start throwing to him more. If defenses start respecting him as a threat, that could possibly open things up for our running game. Why weaken our o-line further by trading away Unger if you're not going to even use Graham properly?

3) I've noticed in every game that Russell Wilson is missing a lot of open receivers...particularly graham. He doesn't go through his progressions properly and begins scrambling. With that being said (with the exception of last night), i've felt that RW use to rush a lot more but he hasn't been doing so as much this season.

4) Our offense is becoming entirely predictable. Run run run. Short pass. Sack. Scramble. We rarely throw deep balls or even medium passes.

The good news is:

Our defense looks to be taking its Championship form....but there's only so much a defense can do when you can barely score on offense. It's frustrating because we have all the talent in the world.

We are officially 25% into the season and based off how we progressed (or regressed depending on how you look at it) i can't see our team reaching a 3rd straight Superbowl. At best we make playoffs but I doubt we will have homefield and that's huge for Seattle to advance.

What do you guys think? Just an honest perspective because I truly want the best for this team but its heart wrenching to see our offense losing its identity. Ever since that Superbowl it just seems that things (offensively) continue to downfall.

Regardless, I hope this week was a huge wake up call to the offense and they study the hell out of the tape to see why we struggled so much offensively.

GO HAWKS