Anyone notice Russell trying to be a Rodgers

seabowl

Reaction score
It was interesting to see Russell going with the hard counts against the Lions to try and draw them offsides or show their hand before the snap. Even though he didn't get anyone to go offsides he did get to see a few times which player was blitzing. I like it.

erik2690

Reaction score
He did get one offsides fairly early and tried the deep ball to Lockett. I think.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
erik2690":gvej2owp said:
He did get one offsides fairly early and tried the deep ball to Lockett. I think.

I didn't remember if he drew them off on that play or not

UGotHawked

Reaction score
QBs have been using hard counts long before Aaron Rodgers came along.

blazen2392

Reaction score
UGotHawked":3skvy470 said:

Yes but to be honest I haven't seen anyone use it as effectively as Rodgers this year. Half his touchdowns have come off of free plays.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Even when we got the Lions to show who was blitzing our o-line still couldn't pick it up.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Blitzer88":xnvr9k1b said:
Even when we got the Lions to show who was blitzing our o-line still couldn't pick it up.
To me that was the most glaring deficiency of the night summed it up offensively pretty good. I couldn't believe it we even fumbled on that play .drove me crazy to watch it

gowazzu02

Reaction score
UGotHawked":93gxtj1j said:

YES thank you! I was yelling at my tv everytime Collinsworth talked about it like ARodg invented the hard count.
Hate to break it to everyone but Arodg didn't invent being elusive in the pocket, the back shoulder throw or the creepy mustache, he's just good at those particular things......

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
seabowl":erqdxx25 said:
erik2690":erqdxx25 said:

I didn't remember if he drew them off on that play or not

Yes, this did happen. The ball was a tad overthrown. I dont understand that part. :mrgreen:

PackerNation

Reaction score
All roads lead back to Rodgers. :mrgreen:

aars146.jpg

Uncle Si

Reaction score
PackerNation":2ysh2nkv said:
All roads lead back to Rodgers. :mrgreen:

That's only because there are like 4 roads in all of Wisconsin though.

Seafan

Reaction score
gowazzu02":o1533ljf said:
UGotHawked":o1533ljf said:

YES thank you! I was yelling at my tv everytime Collinsworth talked about it like ARodg invented the hard count.
Hate to break it to everyone but Arodg didn't invent being elusive in the pocket, the back shoulder throw or the creepy mustache, he's just good at those particular things......

Madden was all about Favre. Couldn't think or talk about much else.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Obviously Rodgers didn't invent the hard count.

Still, I'm sure Russ saw the success he had getting those free plays and wanted to try it out. He was clearly trying to draw the defense offside much more than usual.

It was a bit disturbing when he used the hard count to expose the incoming blitz, then when he snapped it the exact same guys who showed blitz sacked him. I guess they thought they wouldn't blitz the second time...

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
seabowl":h4uffq8x said:
It was interesting to see Russell going with the hard counts against the Lions to try and draw them offsides or show their hand before the snap. Even though he didn't get anyone to go offsides he did get to see a few times which player was blitzing. I like it.

im guessing your eyes were closed during the NFC Championship game vs the 49ers . on 4th down RW did the hard count and famously threw it 40 yards deep to Kearse which would be the game winning TD.

Hard counts been around a while and its not the first time RW has done it .

akscoundrel

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":1lvkid1n said:
seabowl":1lvkid1n said:

im guessing your eyes were closed during the NFC Championship game vs the 49ers . on 4th down RW did the hard count and famously threw it 40 yards deep to Kearse which would be the game winning TD.

Hard counts been around a while and its not the first time RW has done it .

This. Some of y'all need to slow down...

Smellyman

Reaction score
When Rodgers started throwing the ball forwards, the game was revolutionized.