Wilson losing his luster.

Mick063

Reaction score
We will collectively, incrementally, grow very weary of backyard football.

Every damn time he drops back, he doesn't:
Read the defense
Go through the progression
Throw on time.

He inherently, instinctively jumps into scramble mode, never giving the play a chance to work as designed.

Feast or famine, putting all of the pressure to rescue his a$$ upon the defense, the offensive line, and the run game. Exposing the ball to be swatted away, getting sacked way more often than he should.

There will come a time, in the not too distant future, that we yearn for a conventional offense run by a conventional quarterback.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I flipped over to the NFL network and listened to the former players say you are wrong.

OP
OP
Mick063

Mick063

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1kjcl7jr said:
If he doesnt fumble twice, I wonder if this thread is ever dreamt up.

Thread is overdue.

We are looking at a post Lynch world. It does not look bright.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
It's frustrating to see him do amazingly productive things on the field, just to be negated by bonehead fumbles and whatnot. I hope he got it out of his system.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Maybe you. Not necessarily we. Definitely not me.

I love his style of play. It's entertaining and wins a hell of a lot more games than it loses.

Rocket

Reaction score
He ain't losing his luster... he's runnin' for his freakin' life.
Harv's rent an O-line, 'till they "gel"...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":20p36awk said:

Its been the knock on him his whole career.

The two fumbles today are not the reason.

Its just not his style to drop back, read the defense, and throw on time. Its too bad because combined with the o-line, its a BAD combination.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Mick063":3fppwk4s said:
Hawk_Nation":3fppwk4s said:

Thread is overdue.

We are looking at a post Lynch world. It does not look bright.

More worried about the Oline than RW's luster

Exittium

Reaction score
I hated seeing the wide open graham running down field on one of the plays where wilson rolls left.. if wilson would have passed it to him graham would have taken it to the house.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2zjfvfbr said:

:13:

Russ was super under dress, without Lynch they brought a lot of blitz's and our line / blocking schemes didn't pick them up. Sure I wish he didn't fumble but he'll work on it and I hope they coaches work on getting him better blocking.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Rocket":2ppo2kny said:
He ain't losing his luster... he's runnin' for his freakin' life.
Harv's rent an O-line, 'till they "gel"...
:13:

Any other QB gets sacked 10+ times tonight. This Oline is crap

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I would agree with you except I've been watching the Seahawks for longer than four games.

Russell Wilson has a terrible o line blocking for him, in his mind he has to be aware when he needs to run. Do you think if he had a solid o line he would panic as much and try to escape the pocket?

I'm not saying he doesn't miss throws, miss open receivers, or miss plays here and there, he does I've seen it. However, the majority of our problems on offense are because of our o-line and to some extent the lack of situational play calling.

We will never get sick of Russell Wilson becomes it's darn near impossible to find a quality QB thats efficient at the NFL level.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Exittium":2nkbb3wr said:
I hated seeing the wide open graham running down field on one of the plays where wilson rolls left.. if wilson would have passed it to him graham would have taken it to the house.

If its the play that was talked about in gameday forum there was an olinemen down field and would have been a penalty if he made the throw.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Exittium":3ccf3g06 said:

If its the play that was talked about in gameday forum there was an olinemen down field and would have been a penalty if he made the throw.

djb28

Reaction score
I totally enjoy watching what he does. Exciting. That is his style and when he gets too old and loses a step or two then that will be it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Mick063":uqu0s6wb said:
We will collectively, incrementally, grow very weary of backyard football.

Every damn time he drops back, he doesn't:
Read the defense
Go through the progression
Throw on time.

He inherently, instinctively jumps into scramble mode, never giving the play a chance to work as designed.

Feast or famine, putting all of the pressure to rescue his a$$ upon the defense, the offensive line, and the run game. Exposing the ball to be swatted away, getting sacked way more often than he should.

There will come a time, in the not too distant future, that we yearn for a conventional offense run by a conventional quarterback.
I'm getting tired of the the troll threads. Wilson is the ONLY reason we're actually in position to win this horrible game. You better deal with it because like Rothliesburger, Wilson's whole game is backyard sandlot football. It works for Ben to the tune of two rings and a bust in Canton.

With that said...:thcoffee:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1lz89adt said:
I would agree with you except I've been watching the Seahawks for longer than four games.

Russell Wilson has a terrible o line blocking for him, in his mind he has to be aware when he needs to run. Do you think if he had a solid o line he would panic as much and try to escape the pocket?

I'm not saying he doesn't miss throws, miss open receivers, or miss plays here and there, he does I've seen it. However, the majority of our problems on offense are because of our o-line and to some extent the lack of situational play calling.

We will never get sick of Russell Wilson becomes it's darn near impossible to find a quality QB thats efficient at the NFL level.

If he throws the ball on time like other NFL QB's, he doesnt have to scramble.

Even our o-line, as bad as they are, blocks for 3-5 steps......... most of the time :lol:

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Yall smoking some good stuff. Outside of the fumbles, which were bad though one can certainly be at least partially attributed to a bad snap, he was pretty much nails tonight and the only one capable of doing anything. When we had a decent play called, and he had time, he delivered every single time. When we didn't, he still delivered more than probably any other qb in the league would. Russ has been off in games before. Tonight was not one of them.