Our offensive woes.

RW92

Reaction score
Just a few notes from the Lions game.

It appears that Kearse has lost two steps. No explosive acceleration at all, which was evident on the yards after the catch during the game tonight. He couldn't out run the defender. I say give Matthews and Ricardo more time. They seem to get separation.

The O-line needs to start taking Creatine supplements, because the vanilla milk shakes aren't working. Just kidding. But something has to improve, or Russell won't be around at the end of the season.

Rawls looked very impressive. And my heart goes out to Jimmy Graham. Can't we design better plays for him?
Tyler Lockette gets better each game. I know he lost one tonight, but I still love his upside and potential.

The defense seems to maturing at a fast pace. The attack speed is improving each week, but Frank Clark needs more reps. That kid could be a difference maker in keys games this year. And John Schneider should shake the hand of Kam for pretty much winning and securing this game.

Russel made some beautiful plays tonight. But he can't run around like that all year. The better teams will catch him and hit him even harder.

Overall hey we're 2-2. The game against the Bengals will be tough offensively. Their defense is loaded with some great talent. We will win that game with defensive turnovers as long as the offense plays solid with out giving the ball away. Dalton can be rushed and hurried into making hasty mistakes. And who ever plays against A.C. Green will have their hands full. It's up to our D-line and the rest of the legion to apply constant pressure from the beginning of the game, never letting up and winning a punishing effort 21-10. Right now we can't give up too many points, because we aren't a quick strike team. Sometimes it seems as though it takes hours for us to get down the field. In any event good luck Hawks. You will need all of us (the 12's) on Sunday.