Luke Willson on the field on 3rd down and Jimmy on the bench

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Welcome to Bevell world. .....where he thinks he is the smartest guy in the room only to prove himself wrong every week!

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think it was there to sell the run blocking. With Jimmy on the bench, no one suspects the scramble pass.

red grenadine

Reaction score
ivotuk":2wmscubg said:
I think it was there to sell the run blocking. With Jimmy on the bench, no one suspects the scramble pass.

Would you rather be clever and cute or rather have one of the top five receiving TEs EVER in the league snagging a ball?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
red grenadine":1a1v4s1n said:
ivotuk":1a1v4s1n said:

Would you rather be clever and cute or rather have one of the top five receiving TEs EVER in the league snagging a ball?

This is one of my biggest beefs with Bevell, he thinks misdirection wins over just plain outperforming the opponent. He sees Graham as a $40M decoy.

seahawksny

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1pb5l65q said:
red grenadine":1pb5l65q said:
ivotuk":1pb5l65q said:

This is one of my biggest beefs with Bevell, he thinks misdirection wins over just plain outperforming the opponent. He sees Graham as a $40M decoy.

I disagree
Graham it seems can't block for crap. Line was a sieve all night, and Willson can block.

I really didn't understand the trade for Graham, aren't we seeing why now? I mean maybe, just maybe Unger would help after a game like tonight

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
It's not just Graham's blocking. At the very least he looks lost out there. At worst he is being a lazy POS who is not playing hard except when his number is called. I'm sure most of us have DVRS and I used mine tonight to see what the hell was going on with the offense and Jimmy had some issues. I'm sure Wilson can do a 6 yard down and out too.

massari

Reaction score
Graham will be traded for a 1st this off season. They can't pay a guy 10M and not use him.

Also, how is a guy his size such a bad blocker? Is it just lack of effort?

bigDhawk

Reaction score
massari":3f6z1wjq said:
Graham will be traded for a 1st this off season. They can't pay a guy 10M and not use him.

I wonder what JS is thinking right now about our utilization of Jimmy and the state of our offense in general.

Crizilla

Reaction score
massari":1hjymltr said:

He's a basketball player..............

He can play football though. Our offense is just really different than NO's. Brees to Graham was pretty much all they did. We share the ball around more and still want to be run first. Slowly we are finding out that running the ball isn't as effective as we would like. But we never intended on passing the ball to Graham like Brees did. A bad offensive line will ruin an entire offense. We are lucky to have Wilson scramble and make plays.

Graham is entirely capable of playing and being great for us. Different expectations from a lot of fans and a bad O-line are the problems. The last 2 weeks have been much better, but they aren't going to drop other offensive plays to give Graham the spotlight. Harvin expected that and look what happened. I don't think Graham is like that, he just wants to win and contribute to the team.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Just line him up at WR some of the time problem solved, if there not going to do that than this was a horrible trade giving up a first round pick.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
And if this is the third down play I'm thinking of, Luke was open, but Russ underthrew him

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":1bf2ofel said:
massari":1bf2ofel said:

He's a basketball player..............

He can play football though. Our offense is just really different than NO's. Brees to Graham was pretty much all they did. We share the ball around more and still want to be run first. Slowly we are finding out that running the ball isn't as effective as we would like. But we never intended on passing the ball to Graham like Brees did. A bad offensive line will ruin an entire offense. We are lucky to have Wilson scramble and make plays.

Graham is entirely capable of playing and being great for us. Different expectations from a lot of fans and a bad O-line are the problems. The last 2 weeks have been much better, but they aren't going to drop other offensive plays to give Graham the spotlight. Harvin expected that and look what happened. I don't think Graham is like that, he just wants to win and contribute to the team.

That's funny because there's already rumblings in that media that Jimmy isn't happy in Seattle.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Jimmy is a receiver. We need to redesign our offense to account for that and they knew that when they brought him here. He and Russ were starting to connect there at the end but some one has to block!

chevelle03

Reaction score
I loved it when on our first redzone play Graham stays in to block on some misdirection rollout crap. No one open. Sack. Eventual field goal.

netskier

Reaction score
Play Garry Gilliam at tight end to block instead of Graham so we don't have to change the offense. Move Graham to receiver so we don't have to suffer his insufferable attempts at blocking.

He can't block so don't lose games because coaches egoes are invested in teaching him to block.

justafan

Reaction score
It seems like NO thought it had a better chance to rebuild and compete for a SB without Graham than with him.
The Saints will probably become a more physical team that can run the ball better and Seattle will lose some of their physicality and toughness with Graham.

netskier

Reaction score
Let Graham complete for passes as a receiver FROM Russell while some one else blocks FOR Russell.