Return of Golden Tate

jake206

Reaction score
I know we should hate on the guy. But I'm looking forward to this. They even have free maple bars at Top Pot, this morning, so he doesn't have to steal one this time.

Lithium

Reaction score
Could see some interesting interactions. Maybe a TD taunt? if he gets that far.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I've always liked Tate, he's a gamer and helped us win a LOT of games.

But am I excited to see him? Hell no, I hope Kam rips his head off on a crossing pattern.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Tate got us to a SB.

Say what you want, but without Tate, without Browner, without a lot of those guys - we wouldn't have gone and had one of the most joyous sports moments in Seattle sports history. I wasn't around for the Sonics one, but the Seahawk SB was cathartic for this city - especially after the robbery in the first one.

So, Tate left. For reasons that are not clear, but may or may not have been his fault (rumors being what they are).

Even if he did everything in the rumors, he still was a key piece in getting us over the mountain. Remember we came one last drive away from not going, and it was only some of those important wins that gave us home field in the first place.

Now he has a bigger paycheck and plays for a different team, but I still remain convinced that if we had him last year we win the SB again. It was a big loss, even though given the politics and the financial realities - there was no way we could keep him.

(And he got into a fight with Percy, how could you not like him after that?)

Still always going to like the guy, because he was great for us when he was here.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Why should we hate on the guy?

I really like Golden. Made some great plays during the best time in franchise history.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I see a possible taunting call on Tate tonight. :p

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I know one thing, I really wish we had a mulligan on picking Percy Harvin over him.

You're all kidding yourself if you disagree there.

But I agree, tonight.. screw Tate.. the other 12 games this year.. hope he has 200 yards a game.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
tateTD.gif

Lithium

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":31mz23fo said:
I know one thing, I really wish we had a mulligan on picking Percy Harvin over him.

You're all kidding yourself if you disagree there.

But I agree, tonight.. screw Tate.. the other 12 games this year.. hope he has 200 yards a game.

Yeah, the day we traded for Percy I KNEW Tate was essentially gone, him being my favorite player made that really suck lol. Screw Percy and that move. Oh well, we got a SB with Golden, nothing to complain about.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Wish we still had Tate. He was a huge reason we made it to the SB in 2013. He made a bunch of clutch plays in crucial moments. Punt return in the TB game (huge momentum changer in a game it looked like we would lose) and the huge TD catch in the road Rams game stand out. Without those 2 plays alone, we maybe lose both of those games and don't get the #1 seed.

ivotuk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":g19bxma5 said:
Tate got us to a SB.

Say what you want, but without Tate, without Browner, without a lot of those guys - we wouldn't have gone and had one of the most joyous sports moments in Seattle sports history. I wasn't around for the Sonics one, but the Seahawk SB was cathartic for this city - especially after the robbery in the first one.

So, Tate left. For reasons that are not clear, but may or may not have been his fault (rumors being what they are).

Even if he did everything in the rumors, he still was a key piece in getting us over the mountain. Remember we came one last drive away from not going, and it was only some of those important wins that gave us home field in the first place.

Now he has a bigger paycheck and plays for a different team, but I still remain convinced that if we had him last year we win the SB again. It was a big loss, even though given the politics and the financial realities - there was no way we could keep him.

Still always going to like the guy, because he was great for us when he was here.

What he said. Tate was arrogant when he first got here, and after the Superbowl he tried to take a lot of credit. He deserved some credit, but it was a poor attitude. He shouldn't have waited until his final year to really put in the time and get good at his craft. I don't begrudge him that though, just thought it was silly for him to try to take so much credit when he wasn't a complete player his first 2 or 3 years.

His punt returns were electric though and won several games for us.

He was smart to go to Detroit if it was stats and money he was interested in. He wouldn't have gotten those here, but he missed out on adding to his legacy by playing for a crap team.

Will always appreciate what he did for Seattle though, and glad he is having success where he is.

LargentFan

Reaction score
I have nothing but love for Tate. I wished we could have kept him, but the price was too high. I was happy for him when he got paid. Hope he has a rough night, but other than that, I wish him nothing but success.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3isqyfdz said:
Tate got us to a SB.

Speaking of Browner...why didnt we pursue him instead of Williams. They are making about the same ammount of money right? And both of them are 30+

As far as Tate goes...meh....Lockett is going to be better and is allready a heck of a lot better than Tate was his rookie year.

Baldwin is every bit as good as Tate. With Tate gone Baldwin put up almost the exact numbers tate did his last year here

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":awi83h6n said:
Speaking of Browner...why didnt we pursue him instead of Williams. They are making about the same ammount of money right? And both of them are 30+

Browner was released by New England after Seattle had already signed Williams.

And for what it's worth, reports have suggested Browner has struggled in New Orleans so far.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
davidonmi":2acmrjr8 said:
why should we hate him?

This.

I don't recall Tate ever doing anything that would make a Seahawks fan hate him.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":15lonzd0 said:
WilsonMVP":15lonzd0 said:

Browner was released by New England after Seattle had already signed Williams.

And for what it's worth, reports have suggested Browner has struggled in New Orleans so far.

Ah that would make sense.