Week 4 Elo Ratings: Seahawks #4

ringless

Reaction score
Just wondering where it says they have an easier schedule?

I think it more has to do with the current two game lead. I believe we have 14 games in common correct?

The only difference in our schedules is we play the Eagles and Saints. And we travel to the Eagles at a 10am start in Decembers cold weather.

You guys host Carolina and play the Cowboys without Dez and Romo. I don't think it is the schedule that is giving those results but more to do with the results so far and what happens during 20,000 simulations moving forward.

It also takes into account current tiebreakers.
Cardinals 1-0 in Division Seahawks 0-1
Etc in which means as things stand the Seahawks are down by 3 games with tiebreakers as opposed to 2. Yes it reflects the Seahawks are more than likely a stronger team than the Cardinals, but that they have to overcome the current deficit

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ringless":yuqbzr6r said:

I think it more has to do with the current two game lead. I believe we have 14 games in common correct?

The only difference in our schedules is we play the Eagles and Saints. And we travel to the Eagles at a 10am start in Decembers cold weather.

You guys host Carolina and play the Cowboys without Dez and Romo. I don't think it is the schedule that is giving those results but more to do with the results so far and what happens during 20,000 simulations moving forward.

Etc in which means as things stand the Seahawks are down by 3 games with tiebreakers as opposed to 2. Yes it reflects the Seahawks are more than likely a stronger team than the Cardinals, but that they have to overcome the current deficit

The current deficit is part of playing @Lambeau Field, as the second of back-to-back road games to open the season.

The Seahawks also play @Cincinnati (10 AM), @Minnesota (10 AM), @Dallas (another back-to-back road game) and @Baltimore (a 3rd back-to-back road game).

I'm not sure how it is even a question that the Seahawks' schedule, coming off a Super Bowl, is substantially more challenging than the Cardinals'.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3ugkll4b said:
ringless":3ugkll4b said:

The current deficit is part of playing @Lambeau Field, as the second of back-to-back road games to open the season.

The Seahawks also play @Cincinnati (10 AM), @Minnesota (10 AM), @Dallas (another back-to-back road game) and @Baltimore (a 3rd back-to-back road game).

I'm not sure how it is even a question that the Seahawks' schedule, coming off a Super Bowl, is substantially more challenging than the Cardinals'.

It isn't substantially more challenging. The schedules are very similar. Any difference is based on the game start times, home vs away matchups and timing of the games which is pretty negligible when you consider the teams have 14 of 16 matchups against the same opponents.

"Substantial" difference in schedules would come from comparing teams from different divisions and conferences.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":2ex78tym said:
hawknation2015":2ex78tym said:
ringless":2ex78tym said:

It isn't substantially more challenging. The schedules are very similar. Any difference is based on the game start times, home vs away matchups and timing of the games which is pretty negligible when you consider the teams have 14 of 16 matchups against the same opponents.. They have almost identical opponents

Yes, that is the difference.

Seahawks get THREE sets of difficult back-to-back road games, including the first two games against the best defensive line in the league and @Lambeau Field. The Seahawks get Carolina and Dallas, while they get two teams who have looked pretty awful (New Orleans and Philadelphia). Although if Romo misses the game, then Dallas showed to be only a little stronger than Philadelphia.

seahawks08

Reaction score
hawknation2015":i1e78zgv said:
fridayfrenzy":i1e78zgv said:
hawknation2015":i1e78zgv said:
ringless":i1e78zgv said:

It isn't substantially more challenging. The schedules are very similar. Any difference is based on the game start times, home vs away matchups and timing of the games which is pretty negligible when you consider the teams have 14 of 16 matchups against the same opponents.. They have almost identical opponents

Seahawks get THREE sets of difficult back-to-back road games, including the first two games against the best defensive line in the league and @Lambeau Field. The Seahawks get Carolina and Dallas, while they get two teams who have looked pretty awful (New Orleans and Philadelphia). Although if Romo misses the game, then Dallas showed to be only a little stronger than Philadelphia.

Won't Romo miss that game since he is IR's and can't return until week 8?

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
seahawks08":3q5uwbyf said:
hawknation2015":3q5uwbyf said:
fridayfrenzy":3q5uwbyf said:
hawknation2015":3q5uwbyf said:

Won't Romo miss that game since he is IR's and can't return until week 8?

Yes, but I would still say Dallas and Philadelphia are virtually even without Romo. On the other hand, Carolina is a much better team than New Orleans. Then you include the three sets of back-to-back road games, including the season opener and 2nd game @Lambeau. That extra set of back-to-back road games is the primary difference and the reason for the current deficit.

If we had opened with the Arizona's schedule, against 1-8 opponents, Seattle would almost certainly be 3-0. If Arizona had our schedule, they would most likely be 1-2 or 2-1.

ringless

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2y10ntpv said:
fridayfrenzy":2y10ntpv said:
hawknation2015":2y10ntpv said:
ringless":2y10ntpv said:

Yes buy our game against Philly is a 10AM in start, in likely fridgid temperatures. The difference you are making out is minimal if anything. We don't know how Philly will be playing at that time.

We also have 3 sets of back to back road games. @ Det and @ Pit. Then we have @SF @Stl, and a @ Cle and @ Sea.

I mean we have to play the Super Bowl runner up... Do you guys have to play the Super Bowl runner up? Lets just say what is it and that the scheduled are literally almost identical. We play at Seattle which I'd say is just as hard as your Lambeau game. You guys don't have to play in a hostile century link.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ringless":sy9h2dwc said:
hawknation2015":sy9h2dwc said:
fridayfrenzy":sy9h2dwc said:
hawknation2015":sy9h2dwc said:

Yes buy our game against Philly is a 10AM in start, in likely fridgid temperatures. The difference you are making out is minimal if anything. We don't know how Philly will be playing at that time.

We also have 3 sets of back to back road games. @ Det and @ Pit. Then we have @SF @Stl, and a @ Cle and @ Sea.

I mean we have to play the Super Bowl runner up... Do you guys have to play the Super Bowl runner up? Lets just say what is it and that the scheduled are literally almost identical. We play at Seattle which I'd say is just as hard as your Lambeau game. You guys don't have to play in a hostile century link.

No . . . you have a bye week between one of those games, before you play at CenturyLink. That is not one week after another on the road.

That brings up another point, which is that your Thursday night game is at home, while the Seahawks play on the road after just four days of rest, and then another road game the week after that. That is the 2nd of three sets of back-to-back weeks on the road.

Factoring in the expected injury timetable, Ben Roethlisberger will be out when they face Arizona but will be back against Seattle.