Dion Bailey waived for Kam

hawknation2015

Reaction score
This is a good move. Bailey needs another year on the practice squad to develop. He allowed a perfect QB rating in that first game with many yards after the catch on four receptions allowed. He needs to learn how to position himself in space.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Liz_Mathews/status/647869334841196544[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/647871019001102336[/tweet]

Not unexpected, I suppose. Intra-positional swap. Allows Bailey to hopefully make the practice squad and refine some skills. And Kam is officially back in the lineup.

hawk45

Reaction score
This is like the reverse-Matthews. Practices well enough to earn the nod with Kam out, after seeing him in action they decide he's not even good enough to make the active roster.

Tical21

Reaction score
Figured it would be Terrell, who must have been saved for special teams reasons.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":218p6j54 said:
Figured it would be Terrell, who must have been saved for special teams reasons.

He's also injured. If we waived him while he was hurt we'd have had to reach an injury settlement with him first.

GLio14

Reaction score
Any worry that Bailey could get claimed? I feel he's a guy with a ton of potential.

Laloosh

Reaction score
GLio14":3bgqgr3y said:
Any worry that Bailey could get claimed? I feel he's a guy with a ton of potential.

Possible but he wasn't good enough to warrant starting over Shead. With his biggest moment in a game being a slip that cost his team a TD, I doubt there's a ton of danger.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I hope Kam isn't playing too many snaps. He is not in 'football' shape. Injury waiting to happen if they use him too much.
He never participated in TC or Preseason. I hope they tread lightly with him.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2pxjdvmn said:
I hope Kam isn't playing too many snaps. He is not in 'football' shape. Injury waiting to happen if they use him too much.

Did you get a chance to see him practice this week?
Curious how you know what kind of shape he's in.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I liked Bailey's attitude and felt bad for him when he got burned by the turf monster. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the practice squad. He is a young guy so there is a lot of room for improvement.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Shead splitting reps with Kam this Sunday.

marko358

Reaction score
Phoenix":rhptiqn4 said:
Seahwkgal":rhptiqn4 said:

Practice and game shape are too entirely different things. There's a reason why there's a history of guys who've held out who wind up getting injured when they finally return. I wouldn't push it against a team we would easily beat without him.

Phoenix

Reaction score
marko358":1hhrsxgg said:
Phoenix":1hhrsxgg said:
Seahwkgal":1hhrsxgg said:

Practice and game shape are too entirely different things. There's a reason why there's a history of guys who've held out who wind up getting injured when they finally return. I wouldn't push it against a team we would easily beat without him.

I would just let Kam play his game. He's at risk for injury as much or less as anyone else on the team.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
marko358":2c1imoxd said:
Phoenix":2c1imoxd said:
Seahwkgal":2c1imoxd said:

I believe that they are aware that they have violated their subconscious ethics and realize that they deserve some punishment for their actions. Hence, they become injured. :stirthepot:

chris98251

Reaction score
Giants will grab him I bet, they are so thin in the DB department, another safety went down last week as well, he played ok for his first start and had one slip.

I don't think he will slip through waivers, we may get him later if a team that picks him up gets their starter back.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
marko358":we4yguce said:
Phoenix":we4yguce said:
Seahwkgal":we4yguce said:

Practice and game shape are two entirely different things.
This what my brother(a former Big 10 starting LT) and cousin(former Bill and Steeler TE) have told me since I can remember. It's one thing to be in great GYM shape, but another to be in ON THE FIELD condition. Kam needs to play some but a whole game could be dangerous.

themunn

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":t601rwu8 said:

What, because he hasn't played preseason?
I'm really glad that Lynch had those 3 snaps in preseason or he wouldn't be in football shape either