What have I been watching?

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
This is not the same team we have seen for the last 3 years.

1) There is ZERO energy. They used to be piss & vinegar and the energy/fire would burst through the tv set. Looks like a bunch of guys very happy to cash in those big checks.

2) The Defense continues to be a let down. Whenever they need a big stop, they simply don't do it. They seem like a unit that absolutely folds in big moments. They are killers when the game is not on the line. Also, too many breakdowns. Kris Richard has got to be a big piece of the blame.

3) Why so conservative on offense? When you play not to lose, you don't win. That's what this offense looks like for 90% of their drives. The 10% is a thing of beauty.

4) Do we waste more 1st downs, than any other offense in football? Sure feels like it. It literally feels like we get a 1st down or a negative (loss). Why does it feel like we can't get 3-4 yards and make life easy?

5) The OL, for most of the game; was an absolute dumpster fire. Drew Nowak is terrible. For a smart guy, he has ZERO play clock awareness. Okung continues to be the most overrated LT in the NFL. Folks, he ain't getting $10M/yr from anybody. Let him test FA and re-sign him when nobody wants to pay him the money he thinks he should get.

6) We still need a perimeter WR. Kearse just cannot win on the outside. Teams are no longer worried about us making any plays on the red line. I know nobody wants to spend another top pick on a WR, but it is absolutely necessary (Treadwell?).

7) Why did we trade for Jimmy Graham? I do not care about his blocking. It means literally ZERO to me. You paid a premium for a bonafide 3rd down and Red Zone target and you refuse to use him. Again, why make the trade? It's like the Mariners signing Nelson Cruz and having him lead off and play short stop. Makes no sense. Jimmy is not a blocker and again, I DON'T CARE if he ever develops there. That's not what he was made to do.

Frustrating loss. Feels like a lost season, at this point. The most disappointing part for me, is the complete lack of passion/energy I see on the field. They still have talent; I'm hoping they use it.

BestInTheWest

Reaction score
It sucks! We aren't getting away with the holding and pass interferences this year. It seems as if the refs have caught on to our antics. We need to learn to start playing without so much contact before the ball gets there. Our defense is good enough I think.