Aros' Quick Hits...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
-- Why are we a second half team? I get adjustments at halftime and all of that but it seems rather odd to me that a championship-caliber team like us struggles as much as we do in the first half.

-- Why aren't we using Graham? We have this shiny new Lamborghini in the driveway that we've taken around the block once or twice at 10 mph. No, really, why you would buy a Lamborghini if you ain't gonna use it?

-- Burley! Who is this kid? Great job tonight!

-- In the first half we were forcing the ball to Lynch when they clearly game planned to stop him. The calls were non-creative. Then, they come out in the second half and remembered what makes us so good. Read option boots with Wilson making the defense look silly. Don't apologize for it. We're not set up as a pocket passing offense. Celebrate the fact that we have a component on offense that gives ANY defense fits.

-- Overall there were some pockets of dominance from the Seahawks D we have come to know and love. One thing that stood out to me was pursuit speed. Many times I was surprised by a lack of speed that we've been known for over the past few years. Times where the RB ran for a 4-6 yard gain where I would have thought it would be a stuff at the line or 1 or 2 yard gain. Hard to put a finger on it. One of those things you just sense as you watch the flow of the game, and being so closely invested.

-- Michael Bennett. What gives with you and being offsides, leading the NFL with 9 penalties?? You are good enough to watch the football snap, THEN go! Not anticipate which costs us dearly too many times! This needs to be addressed hard core by the coaches. Enough is enough.

-- That one handed catch from Willson was fantastic!

-- Hats off to GB for shutting down Lynch. More hats off to Bevell for adjusting his play calling appropriately in the second half. What a difference. When we unleash Wilson, we look nearly impossible to stop. Keep. Doing. That.

-- I always struggle with losses I feel we should have won. Both the Rams and Packers games were in our grasp for the taking. What a shame we couldn't capitalize. We are a few yards and calls away from 2-0 instead of 0-2. But that's the story for most NFL teams. No excuses.

-- In two weeks we will be 2-2. Book it.

endzorn

Reaction score
In my opinion the only takeaway from this game was the entire team came out of the half with the emotion we are accustomed to. All analysis is secondary to the effort we saw in the second half. We lost and that was widely expected, but I like our chances from this point forward.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
endzorn":2ontzjy3 said:
In my opinion the only takeaway from this game was the entire team came out of the half with the emotion we are accustomed to. All analysis is secondary to the effort we saw in the second half. We lost and that was widely expected, but I like our chances from this point forward.

I agree. This team feeds off of adversity like a steak and lobster dinner. With the Bears and Lions coming to town for some home cooking, I have no doubt we will regain that confidence that can only be found in winning.

2-2 never sounded so good.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I'm worried about the overall demeanor of this team. It's just...off.

The answer to the Graham question is Bevell and also Wilson is not good at reading the field. Graham was open a lot tonight.

Bevell's lack of creativity is stifling. Every defense in the league has our offense solved.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1vhoh2j4 said:
I'm worried about the overall demeanor of this team. It's just...off.

The answer to the Graham question is Bevell and also Wilson is not good at reading the field. Graham was open a lot tonight.

Bevell's lack of creativity is stifling. Every defense in the league has our offense solved.

We'll find out next week.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
endzorn":3vpkuc6k said:

Why would this game be any different than any other?

The team does the same thing every year.

No reason to believe they won't start off slow again, and again and again.

morgulon1

Reaction score
We did go into Lambeau and had our chance to take control before Russell Wilson threw the ball to GBs def end. I'm usually more pissed off after a loss but for some reason I'm not. We hung with a great team on the road for the second week in a row. Bevell has to figure something out. His playcalling seems uninspired, simple and predictable. Sorry to pile on Bevell in this thread .Like Aros said,Once Wilson was unleashed it was a totally different game. We were in this game without Kam Chancellor , his replacement Shead didn't seem to do too bad and Burley had a good game for the most part.

I'm optimistic for the season.

HommyHawk

Reaction score
This team needs to be humbled a little bit.Our hubris is our downfall.Seems we wait to long to adjust our offensive plays.Let's get off the script when it clearly isn't working and stop wasting the whole first half.My only fear is that our o line sucks so bad that maybe it's not a choice... :shock:

Hawkboi

Reaction score
One player doesn't make the team, However.... Just my take on things... Get Kam Back... The team has a problem that's about that deep, and can't seem to get beyond it... Wouldn't think that would have an affect on a team of this caliber, but it's a possibility.... So, my take on things and my Quick Hit Is; get Kam back and let the team roll.... :thirishdrinkers:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hawkboi":33dljvo5 said:
One player doesn't make the team, However.... Just my take on things... Get Kam Back... :thirishdrinkers:

Perhaps....he'll feel sorry for his teammates and return this week. Then again...he has already lost a half a million dollars which makes no sense.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Big... I agree... The whole thing makes no sense! Just sign something and make something happen which is more than most of us make, and go play football... The team needs to be a team, and I personally think Kam is a part of the wheel that is missing... I hope he reads this, and I hope someone else reads this and calls me to negotiate this deal... We have to get our team back together and go forward!!!... I'm not kidding here... I'm pretty decent at negotiating great deals and making it work for everyone.... :th2thumbs:

purpleworld

Reaction score
We are the absolute worst 'screen team' on the planet....
I hope Russell understands now that he has to run a bit to open things up...that first half was dreadful....
How this team can't/won't throw to Graham is mind boggling....
It is amazing to me that plays which work never seem to be called again while plays that didn't work are called over and over and over....
Do we not have any pass plays in the offensive play book for 20+ yards down the field??!!
Wagner isn't worth $10+ million per year....he doesn't dominate like he should if he were.
So far, Kris Richard is Gus Bradley 2.0....
Michael Bennett??? :34853_doh:
0-2 at this point isn't the end of the world and was probably likely when looking at the schedule based on who/where we were playing....but, we had better get our crap together soon or we are toast!

The Outfield

Reaction score
Honestly, it almost seemed like we were purposely sandbagging (saving our good plays) in the first half in order to come out hot in the second half.

I'm interested in seeing Burley in the slot and Simon on the other side of Sherm.

Latest posts