What is our Primtime record???

Chawks1

Reaction score
I know we have usually done well on Primtime games like we have this Sunday. Just wondering what the stat is during the PC era?

Polk738

Reaction score
Not sure what the record is but I do know for a fact they haven't lost one since Thursday night against the 49ers back in 2012.

HawksHawksHawks

Reaction score
Really good. I want to say 12-2 or something like that. But the real issue is that this is a road game. The media used to make a huge deal about how good Russell's record was against elite quarterbacks, but how many tough road games (outside of the NFC West obv) has he had to play?

Denver, New England, Green Bay and Dallas have all had to come here. I for one believe we have about a 10% chance on Sunday.

2_0_6

Reaction score
HawksHawksHawks":3maekrbq said:
Really good. I want to say 12-2 or something like that. But the real issue is that this is a road game. The media used to make a huge deal about how good Russell's record was against elite quarterbacks, but how many tough road games (outside of the NFC West obv) has he had to play?

Denver, New England, Green Bay and Dallas have all had to come here. I for one believe we have about a 10% chance on Sunday.

Wow. Im expecting a very tough game but geeeeezus, have a little faith man. They are out their best WR, a solid DT and a good LB. They do not have anywhere near the rush the Rams do and allowed almost 200 yards rushing to the Bears.

OP
OP
Chawks1

Chawks1

Reaction score
HawksHawksHawks":283yaxow said:

I can't disagree with you on this from everything I have seen this preseason and last weekend. We could be embarrassed unless Lynch gets going. We are now 2-8 on the road in Sept since PC took over. But that's why I was looking for a stat to counter that....I want to say we win like 90% of Primetime games.....

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
We're 20-8 in Monday Night Football all time and under PC we're 10-1 in prime time games (TNF, SNF, MNF) only loss was against San Francisco on TNF 17-13 in 2012. Basically it doesn't matter if we're at home or not we bring our A game and usually it's a guaranteed win.

We have 5 prime time games this year by the way. TNF at Santa Clara, MNF in Seattle vs. Detroit and 3 SNF vs Green Bay, Arizona and Baltimore with Arizona being in Seattle.

HawksHawksHawks

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":34s2x26n said:
HawksHawksHawks":34s2x26n said:

Wow. Im expecting a very tough game but geeeeezus, have a little faith man. They are out their best WR, a solid DT and a good LB. They do not have anywhere near the rush the Rams do and allowed almost 200 yards rushing to the Bears.

I think 10% is being optimistic! GB was undefeated at home last year and has one of the strongest home field advantages in the league.

If we played them 100 times at Lambeau under the lights how many of those do you think we would win in our current situation (no Kam, no protection for Russ, uninspired play-calling)?

Vaclav44

Reaction score
HawksHawksHawks":1cb9ywb6 said:
Hawk_Nation":1cb9ywb6 said:
HawksHawksHawks":1cb9ywb6 said:

I think 10% is being optimistic! GB was undefeated at home last year and has one of the strongest home field advantages in the league.

If we played them 100 times at Lambeau under the lights how many of those do you think we would win in our current situation (no Kam, no protection for Russ, uninspired play-calling)?

Heed your own avatar, man. Keep Calm!

gonzhawk

Reaction score
C'mon man!
They cant stop Jimmy!
Give us chance!
Done with last sunday, now onto Sunday night!
Hawks coming out swinging!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seahawksfan28":7yj4y8bn said:
Does the Super Bowl count as a "Prime Time" game? Cause then we have lost 2 under Carroll.
No. Given it's a neutral field and both teams have two weeks to prepare. Not factoring in the very long halftime and other distactions that make it different from any other game including the playoffs.

jonkchar

Reaction score
Control the clock and control the ball- force them to go more and more aggressive as the game goes on and -boom- Seahawks football!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
530 pst is definately a lot better than a 10 am pst start.

Take the Vikings @ 49ers for example, 49ers get the Westcoast HFA with the Vikings body clock going from 9:10 pm to 12:10 am throughout the game. 49ers probably still win no matter what timezone but you have to wonder if the 49ers pulling away in the 2nd half was more because the Vikings cirdician clock went into sleepmode than just dominance.

A lot of the pessimistic grumps around here think Rodgers is going to roll on Seattle's D because what Fes was able to accomplish but I think the Defense:

- will be more revved up with a game without Kam under their belts,

- especially after their asses handed to them on Tell The Truth Monday

-Richard will be one game better

- Big lights, budding rivalry, big game

- 5:30 pm is not 10 am.

Offense is kind of in the similar boat but the Seahawks will be facing a much weaker D-line and that could be healthy especially since Lynch and Graham got thier prep game out of the way, and should primed and ready to take much better control of the offense ( if Bevell allows it).

rjdriver

Reaction score
At least we have them in September at Lambeau and not December.

Of course, I say that knowing we could see them up there in January.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Given that Green Bay lost their starting MLB for the year and would be likely to start Rookie Jake Ryan out of Michigan would mean underneath coverages would be sacrificed and running lanes for Lynch, Jackson and Rawls are going to be there all game long.

Rewatched the game and the sacks were not as bad as I thought and the line didn't play as bad as many believe. I know it sounds critical, but our running backs are power backs and can make yardage when tackled, but are very slow to the hole early this season.....there were running lanes that Lynch got through and Wilson did as well, but both players are not in mid-season form with footspeed.

This really is an easy game to forecast, it will be high scoring and last team with the ball will likely win. I don't see either teams defense clicking early, while watching the game live Sunday, both games were on screens next to each other and Matt Forte ran wild, in both situations while trailing and with a lead. The Bears also have no pass rush of note.

Add in Frank Clark only playing a handful of snaps and I see a lot more 5 man rushes to get Rodgers uncomfortable.....

Seahawks 30, Packers 27..... :mrgreen:

Barthawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":10dvm2yw said:
We're 20-8 in Monday Night Football all time and under PC we're 10-1 in prime time games (TNF, SNF, MNF) only loss was against San Francisco on TNF 17-13 in 2012. Basically it doesn't matter if we're at home or not we bring our A game and usually it's a guaranteed win.

We have 5 prime time games this year by the way. TNF at Santa Clara, MNF in Seattle vs. Detroit and 3 SNF vs Green Bay, Arizona and Baltimore with Arizona being in Seattle.

Yep, but I believe the score in SF was 13-6 in 2012.

strat1080

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":n030erdi said:
Given that Green Bay lost their starting MLB for the year and would be likely to start Rookie Jake Ryan out of Michigan would mean underneath coverages would be sacrificed and running lanes for Lynch, Jackson and Rawls are going to be there all game long.

Rewatched the game and the sacks were not as bad as I thought and the line didn't play as bad as many believe. I know it sounds critical, but our running backs are power backs and can make yardage when tackled, but are very slow to the hole early this season.....there were running lanes that Lynch got through and Wilson did as well, but both players are not in mid-season form with footspeed.

This really is an easy game to forecast, it will be high scoring and last team with the ball will likely win. I don't see either teams defense clicking early, while watching the game live Sunday, both games were on screens next to each other and Matt Forte ran wild, in both situations while trailing and with a lead. The Bears also have no pass rush of note.

Add in Frank Clark only playing a handful of snaps and I see a lot more 5 man rushes to get Rodgers uncomfortable.....

Seahawks 30, Packers 27..... :mrgreen:

Nobody blitzes Aaron Rodgers. He is the best QB in NFL history against added pressure and its not even close. The last defensive coordinator to blitz Aaron Rodgers heavily was Wade Phillips and a really good Texans defense in 2012. Rodgers threw for 6 TDs that day. The thing about Green Bay is they typically have a weak run defense but they tend to get pressure on QBs. In the playoffs they sacked Tony Romo 4 times behind what is said to be the best OL in the NFL. The next game they harassed Wilson and sacked him 5 times and handed him the worst performance of his young career. They were missing 2 of their 3 starters on DL due to suspension in the opener so its hard to gauge where they are as a defense both against the run and pass. All I know is Aaron Rodgers is better than Foles and Green Bay has more dangerous weapons in the passing game than St Louis so they have some things to clean up in the secondary. What has been the Seahawks strength is that they had tremendous corner depth and very good safety play. If there is a weak link in the secondary you better believe that Aaron Rodgers will exploit it. Lambeau Field is one of the best home field advantages in all of sports.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":24ca4j76 said:
seahawksfan28":24ca4j76 said:
Does the Super Bowl count as a "Prime Time" game? Cause then we have lost 2 under Carroll.
No. Given it's a neutral field and both teams have two weeks to prepare. Not factoring in the very long halftime and other distactions that make it different from any other game including the playoffs.

I think the Super Bowl is the biggest primetime game in sports .. but to each their own.

CPHawk

Reaction score
14-2 with Pete as coach. At least that's what 710 has been saying.