Wilson vs the blitz

HawkEye

Reaction score
Contrary to the majority here, I believe we had a good game vs the Rams. Yeah, lot's of areas to improve, but I think we will be better.

One thing that worries me is how Wilson seems to have no idea to manage a blitz. As far as I know, it's the QB's responsibility to adjust the protection.

justafan

Reaction score
I agree but its easy to forget that Wilson is still young and has a lot to learn.He has used his legs to maximize his talent and led us to 2 SBs but I think he has not had the need to do some of the things a prototypical QB has to learn earlier.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Not the best game from RW . . . he seemed a little out of it. There were missed opportunities to get the ball to Graham on jump balls. You could see Graham cajoling him after plays; he needs to learn to trust him to make a play.

Wilson was pressured 19 times and was sacked on six of those snaps. He threw nine passes under pressure and completed six of them (66.7%) for 37 yards, one TD, and one INT. He scrambled four times and threw away one pass.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I thought he looked bad. he was solidly outplayed by Nick Foles. very disappointing showing for a guy that was holding out for elite money, he didn't play anywhere near elite.

justafan

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1rgoufkp said:
I thought he looked bad. he was solidly outplayed by Nick Foles. very disappointing showing for a guy that was holding out for elite money, he didn't play anywhere near elite.

He wasnt holding out.He was negotiating in the offseason.I have no doubt he would have been here.

Anthony!

Reaction score
So while I am not going top say he looked great he looked far from bad. Last I checked if you completed 78% of your passes you did great. Should have had 2 tds but LWillson cannot catch. As to Blitzes again a lot of assumption, for all you know he called the protection right but the oline failed to execute. Let me put it another way almost any other QB would be lucky to have completed 50% of his passes dealing with the pressure he had. HIs numbers against the Blitz as has been pointed out were actually good. So sorry not his best game but far from his worst and actually a pretty good game

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I thought they fixed a lot of the protection call problems at the half. The second half pressures were mostly from linemen simply getting beat one on one, not free runners because of blown protection calls.

Mojambo

Reaction score
It's generally NOT the QB's responsibility to call out protections. Wilson is having to do it because Nowack is so green.

It didn't look like Wilson was doing protection calls in the first half, but he definitely was in the second, and it made a difference. I think we;ll see him taking on that job full time from now on.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
? Let me guess, they lost because Wilson has a girlfriend, a big house and a new contract. Um........
He doesn't play defense.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2vxzlje5 said:
? Let me guess, they lost because Wilson has a girlfriend, a big house and a new contract. Um........
He doesn't play defense.

I was being sarcastic before people start freaking out. On a serious note, giving up huge plays especially on 3rd downs played a huge role in yesterday's loss. It's against Pete Carroll's philosophy and he will fix this. We will be fine.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I know you were, I was going right along with you :lol:

And 8 pass plays of over 20 yards yesterday. That is pretty shocking really.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Why does everyone assume that if the blitz is successfull the QB is at fault? The pressure was so fast and furious no one would of had much success on a majority of the pressures. It doesn't fully add up to me.

rlkats

Reaction score
Wilson faced the best D line in the NFC and probally football. Game one he will be back to his usual ways soon. Sad to say lol.