What positives did you take from yesterdays game?

Laloosh

Reaction score
I thought it was good to see Earl hitting and causing fumbles.

Defensive line looks legit. Bennett is a monster.

I think if/when we get Graham and Russell on the same page, he's going to be a real difference maker.

Lockett could have been a real weapon on offense yesterday.

No injuries.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
I think the OL has a lot of potential. There were several times when Russell had a clean pocket and plenty of time to throw. Nowak needs to clean up the snaps but he played well in his first start considering the opponents he faced. Britt will adjust to left guard. He is still a liability in pass pro but he'll improve. I didn't focus on GIlliam but I don't remember him getting beat.

Anyway, considering we had 3 of 5 of our OL in their first starts at new positions I am encouraged that we may have a strong unit down the stretch during our playoff drive.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Graham: It took a while but we saw what he can bring once they started utilizing the middle of the field

Lockett: Someone already pointed it out but Rams started to double team him later in the game. He is the real deal.

Fred Jackson: I think he looked pretty good and with problems in pass protection he will help on third down.

Lynch: He consistently made something out of nothing and broke multiple tackles all game long.

Wilson: In the second half he got the ball out much quicker and I think he will have his biggest year to date. Wasn't a great game but tough to fault him a whole lot with how the O-line played.

What went wrong is in large part fixable. Linebackers played terrible but its fixable and they have a track record of playing much better. Irvin didn't set the edge multiple times which is baffling but he will get it right.

The offense did some good things considering the line did such a poor job. Rams are a different breed though and with much less pressure in future weeks I think the offense has a chance to be very good. Wilson lobbying for some changes to be made is also a plus from this game. It's something I've always to see more of and I think now he feels comfortable doing that going forward.

Seahawks will be just fine and there were definitely some things to be excited about even in a horrible loss like this.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
They scored 31 points at St. Louis in Week 1. That's a huge positive.

marko358

Reaction score
austinslater25":31p751d8 said:
Fred Jackson: I think he looked pretty good and with problems in pass protection he will help on third down.

I agree that he looks like he'll be a solid addition. It's just infuriating that we went empty backfield on 3rd down so many times when we have this guy who is probably the best blocking back in the NFL.

aawolf

Reaction score
I've been waiting on a thread like this. The gloom and doomers need to realize that this wasn't a horrible loss. The Rams always play us tuff. There were plenty of positives to build on.

Wilson managed to complete over 78% of his throws (some were bubble screens, yes, but he did an adequate job executing what was called). He also threw a TD to Graham and had one that bounced off the chest of Willson. He should have done better in the red zone, but haters got their wish with running Lynch and failing several times in the redzone and Russell was probably a little gun shy from the SB and didn't want to turn it over. A 90.1 quarterback rating isn't too shabby.

Other than a few very harmful miscommunications and tragic mistakes in the secondary, I thought the defense played pretty well. The DL was getting to the QB and the run was pretty contained--only 2.9 yards per carry and 76 total yards. That's not bad.

Lockett. He's a stud.

Graham looked very good in the second half after the offense found a rhythm

Only 4 punts by Seattle all game long. That shows sustained drives and good clock management. We didn't fail quite as horribly as some on here would have us believe.

Haters got their wish--flash back to the Super Bowl. One yard to go to decide the game and who gets the ball? Beast Mode! Didn't work out that well, but we got to see Lynch try to get us one yard to sustain the drive.

Any other day, I believe we beat this Rams team with the game we executed. I think most of the blame, if there is blame, is at the secondary for leaving folks wide ass open with several 30+ yard gains including the game-tying TD in the last minute. Without that, we win and win easily.

HawkEye

Reaction score
THANK YOU for this thread! I watched the game and saw A LOT of positives:

- Scoring 31 points to the Rams is HUGE.
- Lockett, Lynch, Graham, Wilson...I feel good about our playmakers
- Our defensive line is ELITE

People, this was the first game of the season on the road, in an early game vs a good Rams team. We WILL be better.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":1ygcj040 said:

I'm not buying this one. The Offense scored 17 points. Special Teams and that huge Defensive TD kept this game close.

So it's not like the Offense suddenly put up a monster game.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Positives
------------

Season finally started
Rookies getting experience
Defense looking stellar and just need to clean up some things
Lot of game tape to fix things.
Offense clicked 15% of the game.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Nice to see that for every year older he gets, Lynch adds one more defender he can carry for extra yardage!

justafan

Reaction score
Even though we only scored 17 points on O in regulation,we had a lot of yards and success getting the ball out early which you have to do with a young Oline against the best Dline in the league.
It was just a few plays that kept us from getting TDs instead of FGs.They will get better and I feel pretty good.

The problems on D are fixable.we werent outmanned we have a ton of talent.Again it was just a few plays including great passes by Foles in big situations.

Nothing I could see that couldnt be coached up.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Positives its week 1 and this team is capable of playing so much better. This will be the best D-line we play against all season.

marko358

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3s0ho8t8 said:
dumbrabbit":3s0ho8t8 said:

I'm not buying this one. The Offense scored 17 points. Special Teams and that huge Defensive TD kept this game close.

So it's not like the Offense suddenly put up a monster game.

Quite true. I was not happy to see the offense stall so many times in the red zone. We have two tall athletic TEs, a 6'5" receiver who can catch jump balls, and one of the best scrambling QBs in the game. Seems like we could have used some of those to our advantage.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I honestly expected the offensive line to struggle more. I'm not exaggerating when I say that the Rams might have the best defensive line in terms of talent and depth that I've ever seen.

A couple of less-obvious positives are that Britt looks like he'll be an elite second level blocker once he gets some more game time. It's hard to tell him and Sweez apart sometimes.

This was definitely the toughest competition up front this O-line will face. It's nice to have that out of the way, and to have put up a strong fight. Yeah, Nowak was eaten alive by Donald and Brockers, but they do that to plenty of more-seasoned lineman.

Russ looks like he's really trying to be better at climbing the pocket instead of vacating at any sign of pressure. But, it's hard to do that against the Rams.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
D-line looked good.

Lockett is the real deal.

Lynch is still THE man.

No injuries.

Graham is going to be a difference maker, once we start actually throwing the ball to him.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I may be hallucinating but didn't Jon Ryan kick a 73 yarder yesterday? That is noteworthy! Just trying not to re-tread what others have already stated. Overall was a totally winnable game and honestly most of what transpired is fixable!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Graham and Lockett looked great when used properly.

Wilson is human, but still a baller.

Lynch is not human.

The defensive line looks great and would have looked better without some stellar plays from Foles.

Pass protection was okay, given that Wilson wasn't supposed to be holding onto the ball for more than two seconds on any of those plays.

Still plenty to like. And it's only Week 1.