Rubin kicking the Ram on the ground today

seabowl

Reaction score
I did not have audio on the game but saw Rubin kicking the Ram player with his heel when he was down.

Is this a fine situation by the league?

m0ng0

Reaction score
if it is true it should be ! I have not seen what it is you speak of.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Maybe a small one. It was dumb, and intentional, but not much of a kick.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The kick looked incidental to me, it literally looked like his foot just brushed the defender.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":wftryi6o said:
The kick looked incidental to me, it literally looked like his foot just brushed the defender.
No it was intentional, nothing big but if a zebra sees it and you don't play for a legacy team it gets called everytime.

mikeak

Reaction score
I agree that the kick looked incidental it it wouldn't have happened if he didn't stay on top of Foles talking smack.

Maybe I saw it wrong....

jlwaters1

Reaction score
mikeak":r59ot9pu said:
I agree that the kick looked incidental it it wouldn't have happened if he didn't stay on top of Foles talking smack.

Maybe I saw it wrong....

I thought it was a ticky-tacky call. It looked like he was just getting off the ground to me.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I thought he was just getting the sod off of his spikes. Seemed innocent enough. Not going to wipe it on a teammate is he?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I used to do stuff like that (actually, that exactly) when playing HS ball. Then I finally got called for it and stopped doing it.

Later when I ended up coaching I'd chew out my lineman for doing it (happened more than once), and try to teach them better ways to be dirty without getting caught. :lol:

There's some rationale to doing stuff like this on OL*, but on DL it's just undisciplined.

Definitely intentional, though.

*On OL there's a point to dirtiness, as if you can get in a guy's head and get him steamed enough he'll just bull rush you, which makes your job easier in pass pro or run blocking b/c you already know exactly what he's going to do, and unless it's a run play coming up your butt you can just use his momentum against him. On D line you can't really be dirty enough to stop someone from trying to seel you or block you though, so it's just undisciplined to risk the penalty. .