STOP BLAMING BEVELL!

Maulbert

Reaction score
Bevell didn't allow 6 sacks!

Bevell didn't call timeout 3 seconds before the 2 minute warning!

Bevell didn't give up a 21 yard completion on 3rd and 15!

Bevell didn't fall down on 3rd and 5 to give up the game tying TD!

Bevell didn't accidentally kick onside!

Bevell didn't give up a 22 yard completion from his own 47 yard line!

But most importantly, 7 months after he was flayed alive across the world for not handing the ball to Lynch when he needed 1 yard, he handed Lynch the ball when he needed 1 yard, and now you're crucifying him for it! He’s damned if he does, damned if he doesn't! This was a team loss, but you jackals just want a scapegoat.

Ozzy

Reaction score
A run out of shotgun right at donald? Bevell is an idiot.

White Devil

Reaction score
a0OAFDc.gif

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He called a play that handed the ball to Lynch 7 yards from the LOS in a slow developing play.

And it stands to reason that his offensive production thus far was a disaster.

Bevell is more of a contributor to the loss than the loss of Kam was.

Hint: This is not the only loss where the failure of Bevell will be the key issue. I am sure we will see many more missed opportunities that even a slightly above average OC would produce better results at.

justafan

Reaction score
austinslater25":rf9ca9lu said:

Um thats kinda how the Zone read is run.Its never the players fault for a failure.Its always the playcall

Ozzy

Reaction score
Uh yeah I understand it was the way it was used in that moment. Donald wins his matchup 80% of the time. Felt like the went run because of the super bowl call. Terrible call. Why not use the full back? Qb sneak?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Bevell thinks way too much, and he was peter principled into the position as an OC. It's all very obvious.
It's very depressing that things remain the same though.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I'm as critical of Bevil's playcall as anyone but he can't account for:

Eight plays of 20+ yards given up by the Legion.
A mere 2 sacks against an average O line.
Surprise Pooch kick in OT? Was that supposed to be a payback trick play or something by PC?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":1vfsgtwm said:
Bevell didn't allow 6 sacks!

Bevell didn't call timeout 3 seconds before the 2 minute warning!

Bevell didn't give up a 21 yard completion on 3rd and 15!

Bevell didn't fall down on 3rd and 5 to give up the game tying TD!

Bevell didn't accidentally kick onside!

Bevell didn't give up a 22 yard completion from his own 47 yard line!

But most importantly, 7 months after he was flayed alive across the world for not handing the ball to Lynch when he needed 1 yard, he handed Lynch the ball when he needed 1 yard, and now you're crucifying him for it! He’s damned if he does, damned if he doesn't! This was a team loss, but you jackals just want a scapegoat.
Different situations against different teams. You are comparing apples to oranges.
Obviously the team as a whole played like day old crap, but to say to quit blaming Bevell after that dumpster fire of play calls he trotted out there is puzzling.

seahawks08

Reaction score
10 empty back formations today, all of loss of yards, really how many times do you need to try an empty back formation when you know their DL is nasty quick. Never converted even one and took sacks. Come on Bevell, if the play is not working, stop calling it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
austinslater25":2ci4f0la said:
Uh yeah I understand it was the way it was used in that moment. Donald wins his matchup 80% of the time. Felt like the went run because of the super bowl call. Terrible call. Why not use the full back? Qb sneak?

QB sneak with the shortest QB in the league going straight at Donald? Really?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
justafan":1d7zisss said:
austinslater25":1d7zisss said:

Um thats kinda how the Zone read is run.Its never the players fault for a failure.Its always the playcall

well they had the zone read covered so... yes the fault was in the play call.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
austinslater25":1170m5q9 said:

No time to second guess. He went run because Lynch was averaging 4.5 ypc and had some long runs in the 4th qtr.

kujohawk

Reaction score
Is the peter principle the one where you rise to the level of your incompetence? If it is it fits and he has.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
kujohawk":t86kghqt said:
Is the peter principle the one where you rise to the level of your incompetence? If it is it fits and he has.

Yes, thats what it is. Glad we have some other intelligent folks around. :D

But Bevell, :34853_doh:

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
My main point is firing Bevell is not the cure-all so many people here seem to think it is, and competent O-line play would do more for us than a new play caller. I just don't get why Bevell gets so much more hate than Cable, who is way more revered than he should be.

justafan

Reaction score
brimsalabim":36i20xfs said:
justafan":36i20xfs said:
austinslater25":36i20xfs said:

well they had the zone read covered so... yes the fault was in the play call.

Did everyone execute the way they were supposed to?
Did Wilson even make the right read?
None of us really know how many plays were blown up by lack of execution,talent,or intelligence.
I bet very few plays actually were executed like they were drawn up.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2sxj95xs said:
austinslater25":2sxj95xs said:

No time to second guess. He went run because Lynch was averaging 4.5 ypc and had some long runs in the 4th qtr.

He chose a play they were ready for (aren't they always and isn't that really what people are un happy with) and we ran it into their most effective run stopper and away from our most effective run blocker... and most importantly the rams were well coached, read the play, and the DE's covered the read and took away any option.

kujohawk

Reaction score
Fullbacks are handy guys to use sometimes especially in running situations. But I guess not as good as having four wide receivers running around boy that fools them a lot.