Anyone else give less of a crap about this loss than normal?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I normally take these pretty badly but not tonight. I wouldn't call it apathy as such but something's amiss. Don't get me wrong I'm still disappointed, just considerably less than normal. First game of the season perhaps, or maybe some of my soul was stolen back in February? Anyone else? Just me? Meh.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3r0jd48a said:
I normally take these pretty badly but not tonight. I wouldn't call it apathy as such but something's amiss. Don't get me wrong I'm still disappointed, just considerably less than normal. First game of the season perhaps, or maybe some of my soul was stolen back in February? Anyone else? Just me? Meh.

I was upset but its just week 1...and the rams always do this crap. Watch next week they will lose by 21 points against the Redskins...its what they do.

Beer Hawk

Reaction score
I'm totally with. Not the least bit surprised we lost to St. Louis on the road. Frustrating but I think we'll be fine.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I don't think I give less of a crap, but it hasn't ruined my weekend like most losses. I think it's because I was expecting an 0-2 start this year.

Rob12

Reaction score
I've accepted it. St. Louis in St. Louis is always tough. We'll bounce back.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I care more.

I hope they move to LA. I hope that racist garbage pail of a city has seen its last professional season

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Going into St. Louis on a 10am game where weird things happen? You expect the ball to sometimes bounce weird and to lose.

I think after watching this team in the preseason there were signs this team was going to have problems, and while the problems were not the same as the preseason - some of the issues (porous secondary, ineffective offense, no run game) came back out.

We all saw them, hoped things would be different in the "real" games but I think a lot of us were mentally steeled for it if it wasn't.

I cannot say I don't give a crap. I am on a message board for catharsis in a sad attempt to get rid of my frustration so I can enjoy the rest of the day. Not that I am that bothered by one loss, just more aware that all these distractions and personnel losses probably translate to the Seahawks falling off the perch.

Which usually happens to the SB loser, by the way. So the data is pointing in that direction anyway.

I am going to be really really annoyed if we end up worse this year than the 49ers though. Please don't let that happen.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I think this offense has better skill players than most people realize, and is finally figuring out how to use them well.

But it's still not the Packers offense. And the massive coverage gaps we showed today, unseen since 2011, are going to hurt next week unless Williams and Bailey shake the rust off fast.

Decimation

Reaction score
This one was easier to swallow. After being crushed during the Super Bowl loss, it makes losses like these this much easier.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I feel the same. My guess is it's from a previous season of countless ups and downs, SB loss, blah offseason and the recent negativity with Kam. Very emotionally drained.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
I'm with ya. I think maybe we needed this before heading to Green Bay next week. Having said that, I think if players had questions about "The Call" last season, the onside kick to begin overtime did nothing but make matters worse.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The only thing that is getting to me is that Russell seems to be afraid to throw the ball against the Rams.

Can someone tell me what Tarvaris is good for now that he can't win a coin toss? There is only one correct answer and I already know it, so don't try.

Greenhell

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1ukxno6w said:

I feel the same way. Was I surprised we lost in the fashion we did? Not in least bit. I think Russ holds the ball far too long to go along with Bevells weak play calling. Kearse is his safety valve it appears until he could star trusting Graham. Tired of seeing the porous online year after year.

On the flip side, props to the Rams and that fierce defense. Those guys are ballers.

Gametime

Reaction score
I was just struck by two things.

1) The fact that we probably should have won being up 7 with 4 min to go.

2) The irony that we lost on a stuff to Beast Mode and my first reaction was why we didn't throw it. hahaha. Can't win.

Bottom line is it's EARLY and we have plenty of season left.

kearly

Reaction score
Russell is now 0-3 at St. Louis at 10am. So the loss isn't a shocker. It did SUCK, but not unexpected.

There are some long term concerns from this game that worry me, but the loss is just a loss for now.

seanoob

Reaction score
It was ugly, but not that hard to accept. Road games are hard to win. The linebackers and the DBs did not look good.

WCstripes

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":p5shk6dw said:
I think this offense has better skill players than most people realize, and is finally figuring out how to use them well.

But it's still not the Packers offense. And the massive coverage gaps we showed today, unseen since 2011, are going to hurt next week unless Williams and Bailey shake the rust off fast.

I did not get to see the game, just listen to it on the radio. Did Williams really play that bad or was he just not in sync with the rest of the secondary?