Kind of interesting - we didn't take 1 shot down the field

King Dog

Reaction score
As far as I can recall, we didn't go deep one time this game. Interesting against a team with suspect corners. I guess the pass rush was too much for our offensive line.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Russ had no time to throw. I'm not to upset as we have a new OL, they are bound to take some time to mesh. Rams were really aggressive up front.

Fade

Reaction score
Rollouts, and Boots can create time, but we have a Manning esque QB so it's better to leave him in the gun the whole game and have him take a similar drop play after play, so pass rushers can get an easier beat on him. :pukeface:

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/643175252793688065[/tweet]

Hawks46

Reaction score
Rams blitzed the crap out of us today and we didn't make them pay for it.

I don't know if you put that on play calling, the QB, or the WRs for not recognizing it and going to a hot route.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3uuf0tid said:
Russ had no time to throw. I'm not to upset as we have a new OL, they are bound to take some time to mesh. Rams were really aggressive up front.

Russ wasn't supposed to take more than three seconds to throw against this defense. Instead he tried to do just that, and got nailed for it a few times.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
And they did, in fact, get the ball out quicker. 31/41 passing is great. 6.1 ypa is what you'd expect out of a short passing game. The gameplan worked. They sustained drives, at least until they got to the redzone, where 1 TD and 3 FG's is getting old. I thought Matt Flynn was Captain Field Goal?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Russ needs a receiver to throw to under three seconds. The guys we can make that happen with jump balls to Graham or Mathews or a route from Lockett. This has to be by design though and far as I can tell our staff hasn't brought it. None of our other receivers can shake coverage enough to get open that quickly. Baldwin is a solid player and a good locker room guy but has proven to be no number 1 WR and is no help against a rush like we saw today. He was blanketed by the Rams #4 corner today. We kept running those bubble screens to him but Baldwin couldn't make his man miss.

I am hopeful that our patch work line will gel a bit to allow three or four seconds now and then and Lockett will take over for Baldwin. He is dangerous enough that he might take some coverage off of Jimmy.

It also needs to be said that the Ram safety's dominated this game not ours. They played close to the line and jammed up every thing we tried in our short game. Our staff has got to figure out a scheme to help our online give Russell time to go down field enough to keep safeties honest.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Fisher knew about our weak O-line. It's our only weakness. Smart coaches know this. He attacked it and attacked it hard. I swear it seemed 99% of the time there was someone already in Wilson's face when he wanted to throw. Really only in the 4th quarter is where Wilson got a groove and O-line played desperate. We really do need Kam back though.

Rob12

Reaction score
You extend your QB for $87M and bring in a match up nightmare TE and you don't take a shot. Unbelievable.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I was surprised that Seattle didn't take a shot down field...but the Rams CBs are much better than the average fan gives them credit for. Trumaine Johnson had a sick INT, and when he got hurt, his back up (Marcus Roberson) came in and also played extremely well.

Our secondary played better than Seattle's today, and Foles was better than Wilson...to me that was the difference in the game. Foles continuously made clutch plays when they were needed - after Lockett's punt return, he drove us down the field. After the botched snap and subsequent field goal for the Hawks, he drove us down the field. And obviously, after the fumble return, drove us down and tied the game.

I don't think people should bash Bevell....when you're playing a defense that will take away the run game and blitz, going shot gun 5 wide is the right thing to do. If we were playing Rodgers today we would have gotten destroyed.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Russ looked scared. Can't say that I see that from him all that often. But then again, I would be too if I had to go against that defense. Also, bay play calling, IMO.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
jake206":2f8dgpuq said:

Agree. He was way too indecisive. And you can't do that when you are playing the Rams D-line.

seahawks08

Reaction score
HawkFan72":26dl4o66 said:
jake206":26dl4o66 said:

Agree. He was way too indecisive. And you can't do that when you are playing the Rams D-line.

You can't be indecisive... period.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hard to take shots down field when you have less than one second to throw the ball before being destroyed by rushers.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Considering he has run for his life his entire career, you wonder about a clock in his head. They need to do a lot more hurry up and quick passes. He def. could have got rid of the ball a few times. But overall he didn't have a bad game.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":hgvuh9xx said:
Hard to take shots down field when you have less than one second to throw the ball before being destroyed by rushers.

Anybody see how long Romo had on that last play of the late game last night. Like 4.5 seconds. Wilson would look like a god with that kind of time.

12thbrah

Reaction score
jake206":2hkxcnf3 said:

Glad that Russ is aware of his own issues. Plenty of time for him to make corrections.

I think a lot of it has to do also with the fact that outside of Tyler Lockett none of the receivers can get much seperation.

mikeak

Reaction score
^yes imagine how bad this game is without Lockett

no punt return but getting separation, coming back for the ball. one heck of a game for a rookie