Is Carroll blind to the ineptitude of his SC players?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Mike Morgan is collecting a million dollar paycheck this year. He has barely played over the last four years, while not even being healthy enough to play in this game due to a torn hamstring. If Carroll's philosophy of competition was equitably applied, Morgan would not have made the 53-man roster over superior young defensive talent that is actually healthy (Pinkins, Martin, Lambert, McGill, etc.).

Bailey was handed the starting SS position, despite getting beaten like a drum in coverage in every preseason game. Martin and Lambert flashed way more athleticism and play making potential in coverage, yet were denied opportunities with the first team. Bailey ineptitude in coverage has already cost us a game and will likely cost us more if Kam does not return soon.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This is what you got from today ?

I'd say the thought might have merit if: Pete had drafted Taylor Mays, who had a TON of draft buzz. He's also cut plenty of SC players, including Lendale White.

I didn't see anyone making a ton more plays than Bailey this preseason. Lambert flashed but he was terribly out of position quite a bit. Martin played mostly FS from what I could see.