Carroll: Tyler Lockett is one of the three starting WRs

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Carroll. "[Tyler Lockett is] in the rotation so he's playing. He's one of the starting three receivers and so he's in there. He's going to play a lot. We'll just gauge as the game goes how demanding the kicks are and what we need to do to keep him out there. We're fine with our depth. We'll have a lot of guys that will play at receiver every week and our rotations will run deep. But we still would like to give him a lot of chances to help us because he's a good football player. He's the kind of guy that doesn't seem like anything bothers him. You don't feel like he's going to ever show you that he's tired or he's worn down or anything. He just wants to keep playing, and the more the better for him."

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... oll%20Show

FastElaborateDrever.gif

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I heard him say that this morning. Probably not a surprise to most, but comforting to know they will give him that shot right away. I believe he said elsewhere that they plan to use him both in the slot and outside. It'll be interesting to see how the reps at the wideout positions vary among Baldwin, Graham, Kearse and Lockett.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Took him in the final round of my Fantasy league, wonder if i should start him this week.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Makes sense looking at the receivers on our roster. I'd probably rank them as follows, but I wouldn't be surprised to see T.L. rise on that list over the course of this season.

1) Baldwin, Doug

2) Kearse, Jermaine

3) Lockett, Tyler

4) Lockette, Ricardo

5) Matthews, Chris

6) Daniels, B.J.

Of course Graham can also play the position, but for depth purposes I only listed pure WR

DJrmb

Reaction score
So happy for Lockett. It seemed most everyone (outside of Seattle) believed in his return abilities but many seemed to question him as a WR. He had some good competition this year and to crack the top 3 and be considered a starter and someone Pete wants to specifically get the ball to in his rookie year is something special.

Tyler Lockett has some pretty good athleticism and measurables, but I think the thing that separates him from a lot of other similar receivers is his work ethic and desire to be Great and that he doesn't just talk about that but actually puts the extra work in and puts all his energy into being better at his craft every day.

SeaChase

Reaction score
DynoHawk":2l6upa7v said:
Took him in the final round of my Fantasy league, wonder if i should start him this week.

I did the same on two different rosters. Maybe I'll start him on one of them.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
kidhawk":2uig4t4y said:
Makes sense looking at the receivers on our roster. I'd probably rank them as follows, but I wouldn't be surprised to see T.L. rise on that list over the course of this season.

1) Baldwin, Doug

2) Kearse, Jermaine

3) Lockett, Tyler

4) Lockette, Ricardo

5) Matthews, Chris

6) Daniels, B.J.

I am actually more interested in what happens with the bottom three on that list! Really want to see Matthews show more of what he did in XLIX!

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":17zjkr1f said:
kidhawk":17zjkr1f said:

1) Baldwin, Doug

2) Kearse, Jermaine

3) Lockett, Tyler

4) Lockette, Ricardo

5) Matthews, Chris

6) Daniels, B.J.

I am actually more interested in what happens with the bottom three on that list! Really want to see Matthews show more of what he did in XLIX!

Four below average route runners out of that six: Kearse, Mathews, Daniels, and of course, Lockette (with an "e"). By the end of this season, I expect Tyler Lockett to have an opportunity to develop into the best WR on this roster.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Should be noted that the Rams only have 4 CB's on the active roster. And they all stink.

If Russ can get some protection... he might have quite the game

kearly

Reaction score
The key for the Hawks offense in this game will be finding open receivers in under 3 seconds. The Rams are one of the best teams in the NFL at defending Tight Ends, so it makes sense that Lockett would see a lot of reps with his superb route running. He's not the same guy as Richardson, but he's similar in some ways, and Richardson was very tough for the Rams to cover in week 17 last year.

I also think that if the Seahawks go deep in this game, they'll probably look to target a guy who can work his way open deep in the first couple seconds. Lockett has that kind of ability.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":379wzmzf said:
The key for the Hawks offense in this game will be finding open receivers in under 3 seconds. The Rams are one of the best teams in the NFL at defending Tight Ends, so it makes sense that Lockett would see a lot of reps with his superb route running. He's not the same guy as Richardson, but he's similar in some ways, and Richardson was very tough for the Rams to cover in week 17 last year.

I also think that if the Seahawks go deep in this game, they'll probably look to target a guy who can work his way open deep in the first couple seconds. Lockett has that kind of ability.

Yep. Expect a whole lot of blitzing from the Rams to make up for their weakness at corner. Fred Jackson could be huge on Sunday too if he's able to pick up a key block to let Russ have that extra split second to find the open WR.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Thos news makes me very happy, love this kid's potential. Plus I have him on both my fantasy teams. :179417:

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":4o16qdrh said:
kearly":4o16qdrh said:

Yep. Expect a whole lot of blitzing from the Rams to make up for their weakness at corner. Fred Jackson could be huge on Sunday too if he's able to pick up a key block to let Russ have that extra split second to find the open WR.

I expect Wilson will get sacked at least 5 times, but past history in this matchup has shown us that the Rams defense leaves themselves open to big plays. I think we'll have a lot of ugly 3 and outs but also some 5 play, 70 yard drives.

My only worry is that Bevell always seems to open games against the Rams with terrible game plans. It's a good thing Pete is so good at halftime adjustments.

massari

Reaction score
kidhawk":3mzv3m5u said:

1) Baldwin, Doug

2) Kearse, Jermaine

3) Lockett, Tyler

4) Lockette, Ricardo

5) Matthews, Chris

6) Daniels, B.J.

Lockette has 380 yards in 3 seasons and is 29 years old. He should be the #6 WR and cut when Richardson comes back.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
massari":3se5yfn6 said:
kidhawk":3se5yfn6 said:

1) Baldwin, Doug

2) Kearse, Jermaine

3) Lockett, Tyler

4) Lockette, Ricardo

5) Matthews, Chris

6) Daniels, B.J.

Lockette has 380 yards in 3 seasons and is 29 years old. He should be the #6 WR and cut when Richardson comes back.

I don't think I agree with it, but Lockett(e) has been listed as 2nd string at WR, while Matthews and Daniels are 3rd string on the depth chart:
http://www.seahawks.com/team/depth-chart

DYMNMlv

To me, that shows how weak this receiving corps is outside of the Top 3 . . . even though Carroll has called the WR corps "deep."

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I read a preview article today that said Tyler Lockett will be what Tavon Austin should've been. It'll be interesting to see both on the field on Sunday.

endzorn

Reaction score
I took Lockett, Kearse, Baldwin, Fred Jackson, Luke Willson, Cooper Helfet, Thomas Rawls and Nick Foles in my fantasy league. I'm going to kick ass this year!

Happypuppy

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what they do when Richardson can get off the IR list. His game is very similar to Lockett and very different than Matthews.

He could find himself at number #5 in the depth chart.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
massari":2t7n3mmi said:
kidhawk":2t7n3mmi said:

1) Baldwin, Doug

2) Kearse, Jermaine

3) Lockett, Tyler

4) Lockette, Ricardo

5) Matthews, Chris

6) Daniels, B.J.

Him or BJ Daniels take your pick. Who knows maybe they carry seven wide receivers when/if he's back this year.