SI report NFL teams call Seahawks Secure Superbowl Practice

hawknation2015

Reaction score
How secure do we think it was? They practiced our final play on the goal line in the week before we ran it. Possibly a coincidence or a product of Belichick's great predictor skills, but I don't know if our efforts are necessarily worthy of commendation after that occurrence.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Interesting that this coming up now. Remember that thread Tical started a week or so ago about the fishiness of "The Play" and New England's claim that they had prepared for it? Seems pretty prescient. Even if they had some sense that we like to run this on occasion, it just seems bizarre to me that they were so perfectly tuned in to the counter. I've mostly chalked it up to bad luck and a good guess by Butler. But who knows, right?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=112351

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Easy to be the smartest guy in the room when you've already read the script! For this and so much more I HATE EM!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3rhf28qn said:
How secure do we think it was? They practiced our final play on the goal line in the week before we ran it. Possibly a coincidence or a product of Belichick's great predictor skills, but I don't know if our efforts are necessarily worthy of commendation after that occurrence.

We've run that play on the goal line before. It's entirely reasonable to think that they simply planned for it. They had 2 weeks to prepare.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
From SI:

"Multiple teams called Seattle, unsolicited, with advice on how to secure the team's practices for the Super Bowl. Their message was clear: You're not playing John Fox's Broncos again. You're facing Bill Belichick and the Patriots. You never know who might be watching.

The Seahawks trained in Tempe, on Arizona State's outdoor practice fields, which left a large perimeter to secure. They worked hard to secure it. They hired extra guards and scanned any area nearby with a vantage point of the field. Security personnel monitored what locals call "A" Mountain, the 1,400-foot hill that towers above the university's athletic complex. They combed the parking garage and parking lots between Sun Devil Stadium and the practice fields. And they checked around the boundary of the complex, where baseball and softball fields and various buildings provided clear views of Seattle's Super Bowl drills. Several observers who have attended practices for other Super Bowls noted the unusual, Secret Service-like level of activity."

DavidSeven

Reaction score
fenderbender123":34chtflm said:
hawknation2015":34chtflm said:

We've run that play on the goal line before. It's entirely reasonable to think that they simply planned for it. They had 2 weeks to prepare.

True, but we never ran it within the 5 during the 2014 season. Just a couple times the year before.

DJrmb

Reaction score
fenderbender123":24d0vd4w said:
hawknation2015":24d0vd4w said:

That is true. However, the Patriot's have also been caught cheating before, multiple times, so it's entirely reasonable to question whether or not they cheated and got extra information somehow on that play.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I said it in the other thread: everything, no matter how innocent in reality, is suspect. Because, even if Butler recognized and reacted honestly, how many plays did they cheat signals on the way there?

pmedic920

Reaction score
It's funny/strange that as we are reading this, the SpyGate from a few years ago is being re-looked at.
I'm thinking we'll be hearing quite a bit more before all the dust settles.

Exittium

Reaction score
As a hawk fan.. I sure hope no cheating was done.. Idk if i can handle knowing we were cheated out of our 2 sb losses... Id rather accept bad offensive play with smart d coverage and a weak no fight get man handled lockette...

1sb fine im over it...
2nd sb loss due to cheating... Insert profanity and question if i want to watch the NFL anymore

Greenhell

Reaction score
sc85sis":8e1zj16f said:
The fact that teams even felt the need to warn the Hawks is sad.

This. Now this kinda pisses me off more that there could have been the likelihood they knew the exact play because they has undercovers scoping out the team. BS!

McG

Reaction score
Bill Belichick is the biggest POS that the sporting world has ever had in it's midst. This guy goes out of the way to do anything to bend the rules and get his way. Think of him like a dude that is married, but since his wife never said he couldn't have a girlfriend, that is from Canada who is Asian, in his mind that technically okay. Even though 99% of us would know that, even though your wife never told you not to, it is something that is just understood.

Earlier today I was listening to ESPN radio with that Kanell guy, he was talking about his experience in the NFL while playing for the Giants, in regards to the Patriots organization. Long story short, he said that at Patriots home games, the other team would have to watch out for fake camera guys coming in to the away teams locker room because they would try video tape everything. Walkthrough sheets, the first 20 plays, stuff up on the white board, anything and everything. They either wore fake NFL Films outfits, or Kraft Entertainment shirts. He said 19 different teams, that he knew of warned him of it and those teams would make sure they had fake walkthroughs and scripted plays sitting around, for this reason alone.

Do I think that the Pats cheated on the last play of the Superbowl? Yeah, I did then and I sure as hell do now. I watched just about every play that Seattle had last year leading up to the SB. 9 out of 10 times (or more) out of that set in that down/distance it was a read option. There is absolutely no way that they would have known what play we were running period, unless they did some pretty amazing "scouting". Re-watch the end of the SB (if you can, I still can't), when it zooms into Belichick. Tell me if you have ever seen a guy that looks more calm and composed with the ball at his goal line with less than a minute left in the game? I knew before we even ran the play that it seemed like he knew exactly what we were going to run. My stupid ass thought it was because he had people lip reading our OC and/or HC while speaking to RW. Turns out the scum bag was still recording and/or having his minions watching our practices and stealing plays. I'd rather a guy get in trouble for taking PEDs, because even as bad as that is, that player still has to go out and play. A coach telling his team what another team is going to do, is like a baseball player knowing a fastball is coming. Chances are he is going to hit it out of the park.

Overall, I just really wish this POS would go away. I really don't care if teams are stealing signs, because frankly if they can doit, then more power to them. That's on you and your team, get better at sending your information. Recording or stealing your plays during a closed practice, that is just childish. I play Xbox quite a bit now, due to a back injury I picked up in the military a few years ago. What he is doing is the same as those douche bags that look over at your controller when you are picking a play during Madden. Or picking the plays that the game can't defend properly due to bad programming. We all know what they are, but only real trash pick them because they know they can't win without them. Bill Belichick is a 13 year old with no friends, acne and no girlfriend in sight for the next 20 years, that has to cheat to win at video games. What a noob.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
so...half the league warned us and we still didn't get it right?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
McG":22q85gsw said:
Bill Belichick is the biggest POS that the sporting world has ever had in it's midst.

Really? Worse than this guy?

carruth_260071.jpg

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The Patriots have turned this into a pretty impressive situation. They're so good at running intelligence operations that you can't tell what they've done and what they haven't done. You're paranoid about security and waste resources on it.

Did Belichick used to work for the FSB? Dude's got some serious game.