So where are the Frank Clark Haters???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Damn, I know it's just preseason and I know that this game in particular he's probably going up against his weakest competition he's faced this whole time, but give the man some credit. He's looked Elite, not just good, ELITE! the entire preseason no matter who he's going up against. I dare any fool to claim we reached on Clark and Lockett now. Some of you (you know who you are) should take your crow and eat it now so you can go ahead and enjoy the rest of the season with the rest of us!

Anyone still believe we should have risked it and tried to get Clark in the 3rd???

Anyone still believe we traded too many picks to get Lockett???

Dabhawk

Reaction score
I'm a full supporter. Lets just all hope he stays clean the rest of this season. He has so much potential and with bennet and avril and clark and :3: :3: :3: :3:

McGruff

Reaction score
To be fair the on field production doesn't take away from the biggest concern Clark's critic had of him . . .

OP
OP
DJrmb

DJrmb

Reaction score
McGruff":ooo2y549 said:
To be fair the on field production doesn't take away from the biggest concern Clark's critic had of him . . .

OK I hear you. He hasn't beaten any Seattle women yet but it's still early...

What about Lockett though? A lot of those same people were the ones saying "we traded too many picks for Lockett..."

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Gotta love the moral depravity of some football fans. Guy plays well on the field and nothing else he does matters apparently. I'm glad he's paying so well but it has no bearing on the progress he is or is not making as a man in our society.

mikeak

Reaction score
McGruff":kiqku0pa said:

Exactly right

I "hated" on the pick for non-football related reasons

From a football perspective he looked on paper like a real good pick and looking better now.

Hopefully I was wrong and he has no issues and gives back to society

OP
OP
DJrmb

DJrmb

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3k6m4xkj said:
Gotta love the moral depravity of some football fans. Guy plays well on the field and nothing else he does matters apparently. I'm glad he's paying so well but it has no bearing on the progress he is or is not making as a man in our society.

Got any examples of how he's been so bad off the field since we brought him in???

When the prosecuting attorney (who was a female if you recall) said she didn't believe he beat his GF, then I tend to agree. Did things get heated and did BOTH parties make mistakes? Probably. Have you ever made a mistake in your life? Definitely...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
In terms of Clark's issues, as far as domestic violence, time will tell if this was an aberration or a genuine character deficiency. In the end his 'issues' will be put behind him if he stays clear of poor judgment off the field.

Assessed critically if his situation from college that resulted in his dismissal from the Michigan program is taken worst case Clark has a character issue that reflects poorly upon him. However, if the situation is honestly as Clark says it was then he was in the wrong place at the right time but exercised poor judgment in not leaving or separating himself from the situation. However it is easy to be judgmental if you weren't there.

There is little doubt he has the ability to be special as a pass rusher however for him that won't be enough. He's only going to improve if he can stay healthy which is exciting for him there is more needed. Fundamentally he is going to have pass the tests of his character that will come in short order. So far he has been impressive on the field and we can only hope he will remain humble and free of trouble off the field. People are prepared to forgive character errors if they are convinced by demonstrated behaviour the individual is not challenged as far as there character. If the season passes and he becomes the special addition to the team he looks to be, he'll be forgiven; but it will be a huge fall for him if he messes up especially on the domestic violence front.

At present he's an exciting addition to the team. My favourite rookie but only by a tiny bit over NoE.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Not a hater, but wasn't a huge fan. I'm gonna go ahead and claim that I just didn't see enough of his college film cause I'm never wrong.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Love what I have seen of the player. Am withholding judgement of the person. Hopefully he stays out of trouble.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I'm guessing they are hiding out with the Russ haters from a few years ago.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Yay, let's call out tons of folks from 4 months ago, and fling poo at them. What a great idea, and one that certainly strengthens us. The regular season is soon upon us, and it is time to relish in what could be, instead of looking at the past. Also who knows OP, but you may be in the weeds someday and need a lifeline. Better to leave this one alone, and enjoy Mr. Clark as a Seahawk, and hope for a bright future.

OP
OP
DJrmb

DJrmb

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":2ops408s said:
Not a hater, but wasn't a huge fan. I'm gonna go ahead and claim that I just didn't see enough of his college film cause I'm never wrong.

Thank you HuskerHawk. You are a real and respectable 12.

Here are some of the people that need to come own up still:

chet380":2ops408s said:
A reach for Clark while ignoring OL and CB needs.

Lockett as a PR is OK -- BUT GIVING UP 4 PICKS??!!

Next picks at #130 and #134 :cry:

Spin Doctor":2ops408s said:
Absolutely hate this pick.

Fade":2ops408s said:
OMG

FRANK CLARK. I like him but... 1 round too early.

Classic PCJS though

seabowl":2ops408s said:
:pukeface: another bs pick too early

hawkfan68":2ops408s said:
I think they reached...Clark probably could have been there at the Seahawks 3rd round pick. There were better choices, IMO -
Carl Davis, Jaelen Strong, Grady Jarrett, to name a few.

justafan

Reaction score
I had questions about his decision making. Whats between the ears is more important as what his shuttle score is when I try to envision how a player career will go in the pros.

Usually passing on a player that put himself in stupid positions and gets kicked off the team is the smart move.I hope he never gets in that position again and becomes a great player.

But posting about peoples opinions on draft picks is a pretty lame subject.Nobody I know of is right more than they were wrong when predicting the future.

Sac

Reaction score
Innocent until proven guilty, and the DA didn't press charges.

That should tell you all you need to know. Let's not turn this into one of "those" discussions.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
DJrmb":3jju80sl said:
HuskerHawk":3jju80sl said:

chet380":3jju80sl said:

Spin Doctor":3jju80sl said:

Fade":3jju80sl said:
OMG

Classic PCJS though

seabowl":3jju80sl said:

hawkfan68":3jju80sl said:
I think they reached...Clark probably could have been there at the Seahawks 3rd round pick. There were better choices, IMO -
Lol

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DJrmb":396xc8lj said:
HuskerHawk":396xc8lj said:

chet380":396xc8lj said:

Spin Doctor":396xc8lj said:

Fade":396xc8lj said:
OMG

Classic PCJS though

seabowl":396xc8lj said:

hawkfan68":396xc8lj said:
You may want to steer away from the "super fan" attitude and those type posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.