How Marshawn Lynch, Russell Wilson make up for the OL

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Sheil Kapadia, ESPN.com

Marshawn Lynch's Seahawks numbers that matter on offense.

2.5: The average yards after contact gained by Lynch last season, according to the Football Outsiders Almanac. That was second among the 43 running backs who had at least 100 carries in 2014. One statistic that does a good job of showing how the offensive line is run blocking is yards before contact. In other words, how far did the running back get before he was touched? Lynch averaged just 2.2 yards before contact, which ranked 22nd.

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... ine-issues

Hawks46

Reaction score
This is good news for the folks that are really worried about the OL.

Personally, I think if we don't get embarrassed and blown off the field at STL, our OL will gel and end up being pretty decent this year. It will be a great learning event for the younger guys, and after STL's nasty DL, most DL's will seem easy by comparison.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Have to admit, ESPN is quick, it only took them 3 years to figure that out.
THanks ESPN, your awesome.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3pblyqgp said:
Have to admit, ESPN is quick, it only took them 3 years to figure that out.
THanks ESPN, your awesome.

That's about how long Blount (or Blunt, I forget) covered the Seahawks, right? So far I am cautiously optimistic with the new guy.

ringless

Reaction score
I really don't see how Marshawn will be the same player for an entire season that you guys think he will be.

Three seasons, three years in the playoffs. (164 rushing attempts in the playoffs alone) With receptions, in the last 3 years, and 3 times in the playoffs he has a total of 1169 receptions. An average of 389 touches a season the last 3 years. Good for more than anybody in the league.

It was clear last season his body was really starting to break down in regards to what his back could take. Remember when he couldn't even make it into the locker room? He clearly has one of the highest pain tolerances in the league. In addition, he now has over 300 more touches than he did a year ago today and is one year older than he was a year ago today. Facts of past history have shown the likely hood of his production continuing is almost impossible. He will also be behind a weaker line.

Will he still be a great player? I'm sure he will. I just don't think his body will let him be that player through another 16-20 weeks.

Father time is undefeated. Just ask any of the greats.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ringless":x590g79y said:
I really don't see how Marshawn will be the same player for an entire season that you guys think he will be.

Three seasons, three years in the playoffs. (164 rushing attempts in the playoffs alone) With receptions, in the last 3 years, and 3 times in the playoffs he has a total of 1169 receptions. An average of 389 touches a season the last 3 years. Good for more than anybody in the league.

It was clear last season his body was really starting to break down in regards to what his back could take. Remember when he couldn't even make it into the locker room? He clearly has one of the highest pain tolerances in the league. In addition, he now has over 300 more touches than he did a year ago today and is one year older than he was a year ago today. Facts of past history have shown the likely hood of his production continuing is almost impossible. He will also be behind a weaker line.

Will he still be a great player? I'm sure he will. I just don't think his body will let him be that player through another 16-20 weeks.

Father time is undefeated. Just ask any of the greats.

He keeps getting better with age. Be afraid . . . be very afraid.

:th2thumbs: