Tips for Going to Seahawks @ 49ers?

HawksHawksHawks

Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster!

I'm sure this has been asked before, or perhaps this is not the correct forum, but can anyone share their experience going to Levi's stadium or the old stick? I'm going this year and am 99% stoked/1% concerned about being stabbed in the parking lot.

What is the Seahawks fan experience like in SF?

chris98251

Reaction score
We have members that have gone and will tell you the in's and out's of being the opposition, Marvin or Popeye or some others can give the local perspective as well if they see this.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I've worn full Seahawks colors in both the old 'Stick and at the Oakland Colosseum, every time as not only an opposing fan, but as a divisional rival. It's... a bit rough. Nothing as tame as how you see folks treat opposing fans in Seattle.

That said, as long as you're cool and non-confrontational, you should be fine. Shrug off the inevitable insults and epithets and go on watching the game. Don't rag on everyone around you when we start whipping their asses. These are pretty much standard pieces of advice anywhere, but they hold true even more so in the Bay Area.

Also, yes, bring lots of money for food and drink, if that's your thing. It's... a bit pricey. Do yourself a favor and spring for the garlic fries. Fresh-chopped garlic straight from Gilroy, just down the road, and some of the tastiest in-stadium snacks you'll ever fine. Also, find an In-N-Out burger joint and enjoy.

OP
OP
HawksHawksHawks

HawksHawksHawks

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1v9e757x said:
I've worn full Seahawks colors in both the old 'Stick and at the Oakland Colosseum, every time as not only an opposing fan, but as a divisional rival. It's... a bit rough. Nothing as tame as how you see folks treat opposing fans in Seattle.

That said, as long as you're cool and non-confrontational, you should be fine. Shrug off the inevitable insults and epithets and go on watching the game. Don't rag on everyone around you when we start whipping their asses. These are pretty much standard pieces of advice anywhere, but they hold true even more so in the Bay Area.

Also, yes, bring lots of money for food and drink, if that's your thing. It's... a bit pricey. Do yourself a favor and spring for the garlic fries. Fresh-chopped garlic straight from Gilroy, just down the road, and some of the tastiest in-stadium snacks you'll ever fine. Also, find an In-N-Out burger joint and enjoy.

Thanks for the advice! Kind of what I was expecting to hear.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm sure most 49er fans will be disguised as empty seats this season.

But in all seriousness, as in pretty much any aspect of life, don't be a jackass and do anything that makes someone want to stab you and you should be fine.

rastahawk

Reaction score
If you're going to pick a year to go it'd probably this year. I would imagine their games would have a little more opposing fans than when their team was a legit contender. I went a couple of years ago and it was no big deal. The biggest thing you have to be concerned about is loud fans bringing up their past :) :) :) I honestly don't think I've ever had this much joy seeing a team go up in flames haha... Maybe because it the arrogance of Niner fans that how dare we the Seahawks be even relevant.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
HawksHawksHawks":2ssrx0c3 said:

I'm sure this has been asked before, or perhaps this is not the correct forum, but can anyone share their experience going to Levi's stadium or the old stick? I'm going this year and am 99% stoked/1% concerned about being stabbed in the parking lot.

You will probably be cursed, scream at, flipped off, etc. It's usually fine if you don't bring kids. Personally, I don't wear Seahawks' stuff anymore to rival stadiums, mostly for peace of mind when I leave the stadium or go to the bathroom.

:2:

danp1990

Reaction score
HawksHawksHawks":1umv3bi8 said:

Hey man, Don't worry about it! :D Levi stadium is alright , went to last years game on thanksgiving . I had a great time! just be a fan and dont be obnoxious like most new bandwagon so called seahawks fans are, SMH :roll: !! i was in a sea of red and gold i yelled screamed when we made plays but i wasnt an idiot afterwards and saying the sea-hawks chant after a play was over like some douche bags above me were. god even i wanted to shut those idiots up! remember this isnt Seattle be respectful to others in their home. i thought they were a classy fan base , shook fans hands afterwards and was told i had class LOL . trust me guy youll be alright. water is like 8 bucks a bottle and food dont even get me started, I'd somewhere in Santa Clara or San jose before heading to the game, get there 1:30 before hand because parking is across the stadium on a golf course and if you have a high seating location....haha damn bro your calfs will burn like a mother! no joke . where are you sitting?

OP
OP
HawksHawksHawks

HawksHawksHawks

Reaction score
danp1990":21c5zdxq said:
HawksHawksHawks":21c5zdxq said:

Hey man, Don't worry about it! :D Levi stadium is alright , went to last years game on thanksgiving . I had a great time! just be a fan and dont be obnoxious like most new bandwagon so called seahawks fans are, SMH :roll: !! i was in a sea of red and gold i yelled screamed when we made plays but i wasnt an idiot afterwards and saying the sea-hawks chant after a play was over like some douche bags above me were. god even i wanted to shut those idiots up! remember this isnt Seattle be respectful to others in their home. i thought they were a classy fan base , shook fans hands afterwards and was told i had class LOL . trust me guy youll be alright. water is like 8 bucks a bottle and food dont even get me started, I'd somewhere in Santa Clara or San jose before heading to the game, get there 1:30 before hand because parking is across the stadium on a golf course and if you have a high seating location....haha damn bro your calfs will burn like a mother! no joke . where are you sitting?

I can't remember the exact section but it's way up in the 400s on the sideline. I like to think I'm an able bodied young guy so the hike doesn't bother me...at least not yet! We will definitely be respectful of the whiner fans, although we will be in full Hawks gear so I'm sure we'll be a target for some verbal harassment. Thanks for the tip on the parking.

Team Patera

Reaction score
Soulfishhawk and I went to a Seahawks game at Candlestick a few years back and on our way out of the parking lot we saw a fight in the park and watched a guy get stabbed.
Yikes!

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
Good thread. I'm planning that game as well. Went to Levi last year for the Pac 12 Championship game and the stadium is very nice. I had to bring a 12th man flag 'just because'... :)

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
It's not the 49ers fans you need to worry about... It's the 49ers PLAYERS.

Don't drive, don't go to any parties, don't spell it 'Kaep'.

Boom84

Reaction score
Echoing advise from others, be relatively non-confrontational, enjoy the food nearby the stadium not in it, and bring lots of cash. Specifically here's some tips:

TRANSPORTATION

Make a decision early as to doing public transportation or driving to Levi Stadium. Driving almost mandates you purchase a parking pass in advance as all the stadium parking and the Santa Clara Parking Garage is off-limits to non-pass, drive up traffic. Folks without a pass have to use auxiliary parking from surrounding corporate office complexes. The closest are $50 cash, further away $50 credit/cash. There are bike cart transports from the farthest parking as it's about 1.3 miles from the furthest parking lots to the stadium, but that's $40 (not sure if credit is accepted).

Public transit options are VTA Light Rail from San Jose or Mountain View right to the side of the stadium. ACE Train for folks coming from Tracy/Stockton or Tri-Valley (Livermore/Pleasanton) to just across the stadium (5 min walk from the train stop to Tasman overpass right to the stadium). Take note the ACE train only runs one train there and one back. The train there gets you to the stadium just after 11 AM and the departing train leaves at a quarter to 6. This is an adjustment to last year where the arriving train got there just after noon, and the departing train left right after 4; no adjustment if the game goes into overtime. Even with the adjustment, not sure what that quarter to 6 departure is about.

Here's the schedule and the graphic outlines my point on the stadium bowl a bit further down:

https://www.acerail.com/Tickets/49ers/ACE-Train-Schedule

FOOD

Varied with general burger, hotdog, but also Thai, Mexican, Chinese, Indian food stations. High-end liquor stations as well in the general levels. The club levels are a whole different experience, like going from mall food court to Whole Foods. As is the pattern you'll identify by this point, you'll need loads of money. Personally, I start with a minimum of $200 cash to get you to this point.

SEATING

Most of the stadium seating is crap plastic seats of less quality than Candlestick. Club seating on all levels from about between the 30s is much better and has light padding. Almost like a general movie seat, but those tickets are dramatically more in price. The entire bowl has no overhang, so it's exposed unless the sun is to you back when seating. This means sun bearing down on you constantly and last year with no rain, fans were fortunate, but when it does rain there will be no protection like there was at Candlestick sitting under the overhang further away from the field. Locals hate it and complained right after the first preseason game last year, visitors also seem to hate it. It's laughable the 49ers thought this structure would at all compete with CenturyLink, oh and noise-wise it feels like a museum at times because most 49er "fans" retreat from the sun to the liquor stations opposed to rooting for their team. Listen to local radio KNBR and Damon Bruce who can pontificate on all these issues...

Overall its worth going to once, I've been three times, but highly likely you won't go back as I haven't either. Hope this helps some.

OP
OP
HawksHawksHawks

HawksHawksHawks

Reaction score
Boom84":bo55ir9y said:
Echoing advise from others, be relatively non-confrontational, enjoy the food nearby the stadium not in it, and bring lots of cash. Specifically here's some tips:

TRANSPORTATION

Make a decision early as to doing public transportation or driving to Levi Stadium. Driving almost mandates you purchase a parking pass in advance as all the stadium parking and the Santa Clara Parking Garage is off-limits to non-pass, drive up traffic. Folks without a pass have to use auxiliary parking from surrounding corporate office complexes. The closest are $50 cash, further away $50 credit/cash. There are bike cart transports from the farthest parking as it's about 1.3 miles from the furthest parking lots to the stadium, but that's $40 (not sure if credit is accepted).

Public transit options are VTA Light Rail from San Jose or Mountain View right to the side of the stadium. ACE Train for folks coming from Tracy/Stockton or Tri-Valley (Livermore/Pleasanton) to just across the stadium (5 min walk from the train stop to Tasman overpass right to the stadium). Take note the ACE train only runs one train there and one back. The train there gets you to the stadium just after 11 AM and the departing train leaves at a quarter to 6. This is an adjustment to last year where the arriving train got there just after noon, and the departing train left right after 4; no adjustment if the game goes into overtime. Even with the adjustment, not sure what that quarter to 6 departure is about.

Here's the schedule and the graphic outlines my point on the stadium bowl a bit further down:

https://www.acerail.com/Tickets/49ers/ACE-Train-Schedule

FOOD

Varied with general burger, hotdog, but also Thai, Mexican, Chinese, Indian food stations. High-end liquor stations as well in the general levels. The club levels are a whole different experience, like going from mall food court to Whole Foods. As is the pattern you'll identify by this point, you'll need loads of money. Personally, I start with a minimum of $200 cash to get you to this point.

SEATING

Most of the stadium seating is crap plastic seats of less quality than Candlestick. Club seating on all levels from about between the 30s is much better and has light padding. Almost like a general movie seat, but those tickets are dramatically more in price. The entire bowl has no overhang, so it's exposed unless the sun is to you back when seating. This means sun bearing down on you constantly and last year with no rain, fans were fortunate, but when it does rain there will be no protection like there was at Candlestick sitting under the overhang further away from the field. Locals hate it and complained right after the first preseason game last year, visitors also seem to hate it. It's laughable the 49ers thought this structure would at all compete with CenturyLink, oh and noise-wise it feels like a museum at times because most 49er "fans" retreat from the sun to the liquor stations opposed to rooting for their team. Listen to local radio KNBR and Damon Bruce who can pontificate on all these issues...

Overall its worth going to once, I've been three times, but highly likely you won't go back as I haven't either. Hope this helps some.

Great info, thank you!!