Has Cary Williams looked anything but average so far?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The guy seems to remind me more of the Seahawk corners we had before Carroll got here.

Seems like the big weak link on the LOB, even with 3/4 of the LOB sitting on the sideline.

RW92

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":21dkxs5b said:
The guy seems to remind me more of the Seahawk corners we had before Carroll got here.

Seems like the big weak link on the LOB, even with 3/4 of the LOB sitting on the sideline.

He isn't as good as everyone says that he is. Lacks make up speed, and that is a big one for me. Quite frankly I think we can go without him. Let him go and maybe there would be some extra money under the cap to entice Kam to return and reward Michael Bennett for his loyalty and play. Hey I'll ride with the young rough riders of Simon, Smith, Burley and Blackmon and see where the chips may fall.

One last note, Shead lacks the foot speed to quickly change direction and stay with the receiver. Noticeable during the game tonight.

Exittium

Reaction score
I think we could do with cutting him and sherm teach tye smith

RussB

Reaction score
Hes just ok. Havent seen him make any plays. Even the shead dude looked better in coverage.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Cutting him may not be viable depending on how much dead money there is.

I don't think he's really been tested though. He's given up some shorter stuff, but nothing deep yet, which given his play in Philly is what I'm more concerned with.

Crizilla

Reaction score
if he truly was elite he wouldnt have gone through 4 teams in 7 years

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't think anybody has ever claimed he is elite.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I missed the start of the game so maybe he did some amazing stuff I missed.

And I know it is only 2 games in but I just flash back to all those years of terrible corners when I watch Williams on the field.

All those guys would be running with the WR, but allow catch after catch.

Given the team has looked craptacular as a whole, it is not that I am singling the guy out as terrible. He just screams average corner when he is on the field. Basically he is to corners as Turbin is to RBs. Hard to believe he has a big contract at all, much less a guy they traded for.

He is clearly bigger, faster, longer than Kelly Jennings who seemed to be just a bit above 3 ft 2, but damn if the results don't look the same.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
He doesn't have the safety protection he will during the season. I am not too worried.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, he is slated to be about the #4 or #5 DB. I think average might be enough, it's better than a lot of teams that by the time they get that deep it's crap. I don't think he's crap. We've been kind of spoiled around here. Sure we can afford to cut him, at least after some of the starters, 2's, and 3's start playing again. But as a backup deep on the depth chart, I'd say he's adequate.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Holy hell :lol:

Let him play with #29 over the top and #25 on the other side please

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
sutz":ve6yzqdi said:
Well, he is slated to be about the #4 or #5 DB. I think average might be enough, it's better than a lot of teams that by the time they get that deep it's crap. I don't think he's crap. We've been kind of spoiled around here. Sure we can afford to cut him, at least after some of the starters, 2's, and 3's start playing again. But as a backup deep on the depth chart, I'd say he's adequate.

Um what? Cary Williams is our starter.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Are you basing that assessment on his actual plays or the performance of the defense as a whole? Genuinely curious. I saw him lose Maclin on a play near the endzone, but other than that, I'm not sure how often he's actually been tested; however, I've only seen the broadcast coverage so far.

Anyway, don't think there's much to take away regardless until we see him with Sherman, Earl and Chancellor.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":v0k4k26a said:
I missed the start of the game so maybe he did some amazing stuff I missed.

And I know it is only 2 games in but I just flash back to all those years of terrible corners when I watch Williams on the field.

All those guys would be running with the WR, but allow catch after catch.

Given the team has looked craptacular as a whole, it is not that I am singling the guy out as terrible. He just screams average corner when he is on the field. Basically he is to corners as Turbin is to RBs. Hard to believe he has a big contract at all, much less a guy they traded for.

He is clearly bigger, faster, longer than Kelly Jennings who seemed to be just a bit above 3 ft 2, but damn if the results don't look the same.
To be fair, B Max played like that last preseason. Just allowing catch after catch. Did it a bit in the season too. Still, not that impressed with Williams though. I would think if Smith or Simon shows improvement they'll get their opportunity.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Exactly but he looks like the 3rd or 4th best corner when he is on the field with scrubs, even when playing against scrubs.

Yeah he misses his safeties he never played with (???) but he should still stand out as a key player instead of look like a guy that got cut by the Titans.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Didn't we acquire another corner from the Lions? Did we acquire him, because Pete aren't fully satisfied with Williams?
I have the feeling, our corners aren't impression anyone.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1m9pe89v said:
Exactly but he looks like the 3rd or 4th best corner when he is on the field with scrubs, even when playing against scrubs.

Yeah he misses his safeties he never played with (???) but he should still stand out as a key player instead of look like a guy that got cut by the Titans.

Defense is a unit. It's not offense where one person has to win his matchup to get the first or the TD. Everyone has to win, and to discount safety help is to make that mistake. Not every DB is Sherman.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Williams style really reminds me of Kelly jennings. He was giving receivers HUGE cushions at the LOS and his ball skills are really bad. He seems to be running with the receiver, but the receiver catches the ball anyways.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1zpp7s3q said:
sutz":1zpp7s3q said:

Um what? Cary Williams is our starter.

Lol, yea I didn't get that one either. If we can get the Ravens version of Williams, I'm happy as hell.

Latest posts