Your players to watch at KC

Chawker

Reaction score
Here are my three for this week.

1. Mo hammer Seisay, I think that he could be the best free agent signing we had in this off season. Look for him to push for a starting position.
2. OBOOM Gwacham, I not sure if he will play but, I can't wait to see him hit the field or a QB.
And lastly.....
3. Alex Singleton, he did ok last week for being signed 2 or 3 days prior to last week ends game with the broncos.

Give me your three players to watch this week at KC.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Of course I want to watch the OLine, especially Gilliam and Britt after their new positional assignments.

I want to see if Kasen Williams or Lockette step forward at all, am still curious about Clark and hopeful he follows up on a great start with other solid game. Of course i also want to see Lockett returning but also playing as a WR.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Besides the obvious...

Dion Bailey: He showed up well in the game against Denver, displaying good technique and a willingness to hit. He will be starting with the 1s against KC. I'll be paying close attention to see if they move him around at FS and SS to test his versatility.

BJ Daniels: I can't up but root for this guy. He'll be a main reason I'm keeping a close eye on special teams, because if he can perform well there I think the team likes his role as an emergency QB and upside at WR to replace Ricardo Lockette's spot.

T.Y. McGill vs Jesse Williams vs King: With Tony McD and Kevin Williams gone and with only Rubin penciled in to replace one of them, it leaves a spot open for a big man.

1 more for fun

Demarcus Dobbs: Returning from injury to play his first game of the preseason, he played well in spot duty last year, but will need to really stand out to persuade the coaches to give up a spot at one of the other position groups.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Britt, Gilliam, who ever is at center and Russell to see if he has time. On defense TY McGill to see if he can be a player.

kearly

Reaction score
We already have a pretty decent idea of what Gilliam will look like at RT. Britt at LG is going to be interesting. Hope Sweezy bounces back. I wonder if Glowinski has a chance to win the LG job? It feels like a free for all at this point.

Still want to see Lockett catch some passes.

I've heard a lot of good things about Kevin Smith. He impressed the hell out of me in his last year at UW. He had a fairly good 1st preseason game.

I want to see how Seattle handles extra pass protection situations. Our pass pro at TE is a pretty big problem, I wonder if Seattle might call fewer plays that implement max protect this year.

I keep hearing all this hype for Jordan Hill in practices. I didn't really see anything all that great from him in the first preseason game (in a casual viewing). I would hope that Hill is dominating practice because he's taken another step, and not because our practice OL is just that bad.

Fade

Reaction score
On Offense

1) RT Garry Gilliam
2) RB Christine Michael
3) LG Justin Britt
4) C Drew Nowak
5) RT Terry Poole

On Defense

1) SS Dion Bailey
2) DT T.Y. McGill
3) CB Tye Smith
4) FS Ronald Martin
5) CB Tharold Simon

AKA the O-Line & backup Secondary.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Jordan Hill. He flashed Rocky Bernard-ability last year.

KPL: can he handle some coverage duties so that Irvin can rush with his hand in the dirt here and there? A truly deep, varied pass rush helped win a super bowl and kept people more fresh in 2013.

Brandon Cottam: I. want him to kill it so that the Hawks have a big-bodied fullback that can occasionally catch a pass or run a quick dive. If he can put a body on the right guy he has a shot. Coleman can't stay healthy and the behemoth isn't a threat.

No"E" (Lockett), can he break the ice with some catches to get past some jitters before they count.

Norwood: I'm just rooting for him. He reminds me of Mushin Muhammad, good size but plays bigger, and makes clutch catches (in colkege, I mean).

Fade

Reaction score
nanomoz":1x7c6t6j said:
Brandon Cottam: I. want him to kill it so that the Hawks have a big-bodied fullback that can occasionally catch a pass or run a quick dive. If he can put a body on the right guy he has a shot. Coleman can't stay healthy and the behemoth isn't a threat.

Norwood: I'm just rooting for him. He reminds me of Mushin Muhammad, good size but plays bigger, and makes clutch catches (in colkege, I mean).

I see Cottam the same way. The good news is he is an undrafted fullback so sneaking him onto the practice squad is feasible, if he has a quiet preseason.

Norwood, I see Ben Obomanu without the special teams ability.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Tharold Simon. Since he was just activated, I haven't heard how much he'll play if at all. But I'm curious to see if he hits the ground running.

Tyler Lockett. In the slot. Making 1st downs.

Justin Britt at LG. I wonder if he'll stay out there a little longer. It would be nice to get an early, decent sample size at his new position.

Fade

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1omwsne3 said:
Justin Britt at LG. I wonder if he'll stay out there a little longer. It would be nice to get an early, decent sample size at his new position.
I surmise the Hawks will play the starting O-Line most of the 1st half, save for Okung.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Last weeks things to watch
"I want to see at least two passes thrown to Graham
2 Deep passes to Matthews to see if he can win the jump ball again
2 quick passes and/or 3rd down conversions to T. Lockett
1 nice punt return from Lockett making us feel like Tate is back there again
2 sacks or good pressures from Marsh and Clark
KPL showing he can cover the field and is not only quick but that his instincts have gotten better
Also expect to see CMike show he is the best 3rd string RB in the NFL.
And Carry Williams holding his own against D Thomas and Sanders."

This week I want to see the OL ( Gilliam) plow some giant holes in the run game allowing the RB's gain 150 + yds on the ground and set up some play action deep passes.

Clark and Lockett continue to shine
The defense coverage up the middle shuts down the short game

Willyeye

Reaction score
I want to see more of Alex Singleton, Rod A. Smith, and Dion Bailey.

chris98251

Reaction score
I want to watch for rhythm, when they line up and snap and how fast they get back and do it again, when it appears clunky you know people are having issues and need help in the huddles.

That or arguing over the play call and how Russell should audible. :)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2if3mw32 said:
Last weeks things to watch
"I want to see at least two passes thrown to Graham
2 Deep passes to Matthews to see if he can win the jump ball again
2 quick passes and/or 3rd down conversions to T. Lockett
1 nice punt return from Lockett making us feel like Tate is back there again
2 sacks or good pressures from Marsh and Clark
KPL showing he can cover the field and is not only quick but that his instincts have gotten better
Also expect to see CMike show he is the best 3rd string RB in the NFL.
And Carry Williams holding his own against D Thomas and Sanders."

This week I want to see the OL ( Gilliam) plow some giant holes in the run game allowing the RB's gain 150 + yds on the ground and set up some play action deep passes.

Clark and Lockett continue to shine
The defense coverage up the middle shuts down the short game

I dont think Gilliam is ever going to be a guy that is going to blow defenders back and clear big holes unless he adds 10-15 pounds to his frame. However, I think he has the raw ability with his athleticism and TE background to potentially become a great 2nd level blocker. Run blocking is obviously important but I dont think expectations for Gilliam is to be Britt or Giacomini out there... They just want to see if he can compete and hold is own in pass protection.

Exittium

Reaction score
Would Lockett in the return game be more like Tate or Leon Washington. Overall I'm looking at everything tbh. So many guys to see. I'm excited to see if Clark can keep things going into this week.