August 17 Post Practice Press Conferences

kidhawk

Reaction score
Today's Press Conferences were Gilliam and Carroll

Watch Gilliam here:

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/video/2015/08/17/gary-gilliam-training-camp-day-13-press-conference[/urltargetblank]

Watch Carroll here:

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/video/2015/08/17/pete-carroll-training-camp-day-13-press-conference[/urltargetblank]

Edit: Added Link to Pete's Press Conference

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":q1m835bf said:
Kid, are you going to type up a summary of Carroll's press conference?

I don't think I'll be able to do those too much this season, but anyone else that has the time and the inclination, can feel free to take over doing it for me. I know many people look forward to them.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
kidhawk":11f46jgm said:
hawknation2015":11f46jgm said:

I don't think I'll be able to do those too much this season, but anyone else that has the time and the inclination, can feel free to take over doing it for me. I know many people look forward to them.

I shall make an effort if I get back to my computer in time. I found it to be kinda fun and fairly easy when I got to the presser on time. When I was not on time...ugh what a pain.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2vwlebtq said:
kidhawk":2vwlebtq said:
hawknation2015":2vwlebtq said:

I shall make an effort if I get back to my computer in time. I found it to be kinda fun and fairly easy when I got to the presser on time. When I was not on time...ugh what a pain.

It can be difficult at times, especially when the mic doesn't pick up the names of who he is talking about and he doesn't state the name in his reply. There are a lot of people here who really enjoy them though, and I wish I had the time this season, but some things have changed and i need to adjust my priorities a bit, and that meant likely catching more conferences later on video well after the information from them is already out there.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The quality on thos things is pathetic! How can they not turn up the microphones for the reporters? It's not that hard.

StoneCold

Reaction score
ivotuk":1i1a9ycj said:
The quality on thos things is pathetic! How can they not turn up the microphones for the reporters? It's not that hard.

I have wondered this same thing for years. In this day and age of modern tech we can't hear what the reporter is asking?

Sheesh.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2c0fl9cg said:
M3RC_NATE does a summary of all of these on reddit, could always just link to those.

I'm not a Reddit user, but I have no problem with someone linking that. Hopefully that could be included in one thread with video links for those who like to watch rather than read the summaries.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
kidhawk":3oivtasl said:
FlyHawksFly":3oivtasl said:
M3RC_NATE does a summary of all of these on reddit, could always just link to those.

I'm not a Reddit user, but I have no problem with someone linking that. Hopefully that could be included in one thread with video links for those who like to watch rather than read the summaries.

Sounds like a good idea to me too.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":aw9x8zd4 said:
kidhawk":aw9x8zd4 said:
FlyHawksFly":aw9x8zd4 said:

Sounds like a good idea to me too.

Agreed. There are a lot of people who cannot or will not open a sound or video file to listen to this.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Gilliam…trying to experiment with his playing flexibility.
Light on his feet too.
Looking for the right 5 up front. On the oline that is.
Sack sucked….but settling in.
There is Left guard competition.
T-jack High ankle sprain…couple weeks
Looked at a guy today BJ is 3string now. Also receiver room. Reps every day with both.
Therald simon is on the way back doing team drills. Not playing this weekend.
Someone shoulder sprain 10 days out.
Someone sore anckle
Jesse Davis banged up.
Some players slight strains
KPL back out playing, Dobbs back out playing. One more back out playing.
Bailey and Martin shots at safety. Want to see what they can bring to the table.
Dion looks good. Hitting heck out of the guys .
Marting looks good all around.
Jesse knee a little bit sore.
Kam conversations continuing.
Alvin bailey was playing versatile. Left tackle is one of the positions.
Lockett…has the speed to finish the run going away. Legit. And he liked what he saw there.
Baldwin reminded him that Baldwin returned one on preseason and so did Kearse….but not more since.
Earl looks like he may be ready for the opener.
Archer did alright….comfortable in practice and brought that same to the game too.
Preseason is important to make the game be right. Go for it in these games to prep for the real thing. This is the real thing too.
Prich at full speed way ahead of schedule. Is getting ready. They do not anticipate him to be ready..but you never know.
BJ was competitive in the game too.
Oline is not a concern but it is a process and the process needs to be fulfilled. They are looking for a leader to do the calls. Will take the whole camp to get this portion of the game to gel.

I did miss a few things….but not much. There was a problem with the mic too, but I tried to get what I could.
Go hawks.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up! I love that you guys take the time to do this. I am mostly on the .net at work and avoid sites like reddit like the plague and it is usually hard to listen to audoi. If we do start posting links to a reddit page, coult the writing be pasted into the post as well? Thanks guys.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3jl076m4 said:
Gilliam…trying to experiment with his playing flexibility.
Light on his feet too.
Looking for the right 5 up front. On the oline that is.
Sack sucked….but settling in.
There is Left guard competition.
T-jack High ankle sprain…couple weeks
Looked at a guy today BJ is 3string now. Also receiver room. Reps every day with both.
Therald simon is on the way back doing team drills. Not playing this weekend.
Someone shoulder sprain 10 days out.
Someone sore anckle
Jesse Davis banged up.
Some players slight strains
KPL back out playing, Dobbs back out playing. One more back out playing.
Bailey and Martin shots at safety. Want to see what they can bring to the table.
Dion looks good. Hitting heck out of the guys .
Marting looks good all around.
Jesse knee a little bit sore.
Kam conversations continuing.
Alvin bailey was playing versatile. Left tackle is one of the positions.
Lockett…has the speed to finish the run going away. Legit. And he liked what he saw there.
Baldwin reminded him that Baldwin returned one on preseason and so did Kearse….but not more since.
Earl looks like he may be ready for the opener.
Archer did alright….comfortable in practice and brought that same to the game too.
Preseason is important to make the game be right. Go for it in these games to prep for the real thing. This is the real thing too.
Prich at full speed way ahead of schedule. Is getting ready. They do not anticipate him to be ready..but you never know.
BJ was competitive in the game too.
Oline is not a concern but it is a process and the process needs to be fulfilled. They are looking for a leader to do the calls. Will take the whole camp to get this portion of the game to gel.

I did miss a few things….but not much. There was a problem with the mic too, but I tried to get what I could.
Go hawks.

Thanks for putting this together.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3n65pfbo said:
Tarvaris Jackson has a high ankle sprain. Oy vey . . . those can take 4-6 weeks to fully heal.

He did say that Jackson felt pretty good about it and seemed rather positive about him returning sooner rather than later. Of course Pete being optimistic about an injury isn't necessarily reason to celebrate

chet380

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":23ot7jtn said:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/comments/3hct4d/seahawks_training_camp_day_12_presser_81715/

very good write-up and some good comments in the following discussion.

thx for the link.