Zach Miller

northseahawk

Reaction score
Can we please get him back here. Although he is a TE, he seemed like a much better blocker than our olinemen. We don't need 3 receiver-like TEs. We need a guy who can help at the line.

RW is not gana make it through this year if they are letting the D line rush in without any resistance.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
northseahawk":2nlemwr7 said:
Can we please get him back here. Although he is a TE, he seemed like a much better blocker than our olinemen. We don't need 3 receiver-like TEs. We need a guy who can help at the line.

RW is not gana make it through this year if they are letting the D line rush in without any resistance.

Funny you mention this, I was wondering the same thing. We could probably get him pretty cheap.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I am guessing he's still hurt, because there's no other feasible reason why Zach Miller isn't on a team right now, particularly this one. Honestly, getting him back might be the only thing that could save this pass-pro group in the next 4 weeks. Attach him to Britt's hip.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
DavidSeven":3l4ncbbt said:
I am guessing he's still hurt, because there's no other feasible reason why Zach Miller isn't on a team right now, particularly this one. Honestly, getting him back might be the only thing that could save this pass-pro group in the next 4 weeks. Attach him to Britt's hip.

Yeah, this. We released him after he failed a physical and he's still out there as a free agent. There's more to why he isn't on the team than because we didn't need him.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Come on now, you want the guy back but you spell his name wrong...tisk tisk

Canhawks

Reaction score
The way our O line played on Friday,we need a Walter Jones like TE

peppersjap

Reaction score
Jeremy Stevens is also available! Lets give the front office some credit, if they thought Zack Miller was an answer he would be here. I'm really shocked anyone would be worrying about a TE at his point, we are going to end up cutting someone who is very good this year. We have graham, Willson, and Hellfelt or McCoy....we are good!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Last I remember Zach (with an "h", not a "k") had a second foot surgery to correct what wasn't corrected in the first one... and then no word since.

My best guess is he's not ready to play football again... and may never be.

Willyeye

Reaction score
Maybe they need to place Gilliam as a permanent blocking TE right next to Britt. He could block for Britt and protect Britt from opposing pass rushers. Britt could just stand there the entire game.

The fact that Mathis hasn't been signed thus far indicates he wants a big paycheck, and that does not bode well for the Seahawks being the team to sign him. If they brought in Mathis right now, you might as well say goodbye to Bennett, Chancellor and Irvin right now, because they will all be gone very soon...and probably Mebane too.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Assuming he's remotely healthy, I'd take him over stone-hands McCoy in a heartbeat.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
peppersjap":1el2beg2 said:
Jeremy Stevens is also available! Lets give the front office some credit, if they thought Zack Miller was an answer he would be here. I'm really shocked anyone would be worrying about a TE at his point, we are going to end up cutting someone who is very good this year. We have graham, Willson, and Hellfelt or McCoy....we are good!

I don't think anyone is worried about a TE, everyone is worried about blocking, or therein the lack of it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1njp2non said:
Come on now, you want the guy back but you spell his name wrong...tisk tisk
:mrgreen:

Like he hints it's Zach Miller and you better believe he's flat injured in a serious way given we cut him with the likes of Luke Willson and worse still having a job while insisting they're NFL level TE's. It's criminal in my opinion that they are on the team using roster spots better used by nearly anything else.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My guess is Miller is happy being retired at the moment. He strikes me as a wounded warrior.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I would love to have him back on the prorated vet minimum for the playoffs, but it's probably been good for him to have this break from football, resting mentally and physically and spending time with his daughters and new baby. Look at his last two tweets:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ZachMiller86/status/571418929991540736[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ZachMiller86/status/574063040707985409[/tweet]

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Im pretty sure Miller is either done playing football, or at best he could be a late-season addition, but my money is on him never playing football again.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
It would be great to have Zack back for a one or two year run as a 2nd or 3rd TE (depending on his health), but I would guess the guy is done playing after all his injuries. He is notch or two above any of the TE's on this team in terms of blocking, but I just don't see him coming back unless this team has a rash of injures at the TE spot and they offer him a boat load of money to come back out.