Countdown For The Dumping On Michael To Begin

Exittium

Reaction score
Turbin did okay, our oline looked horrendous. CMike just looked like doodoo, Rawls did good with what he got. He looks like a lynch type of runner.

bigwrm

Reaction score
BullHawk33":t1619ycl said:
At least Rawls can run with the ball in either hand.

Pretty sure I saw Michael holding with his left hand a couple times. Of course one of those was the fumble so....

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Turbin is never going to be better than average. Ever.

I actually think average is a charitable description. He is a serviceable back that can catch the ball. I like him but let's be honest.

But I don't think Walter Payton could have gotten many yards behind this dogcrap we call an OL. Maybe Barry Sanders, MAYBE. So expecting to evaluate runningbacks behind it? Foolish or dumb, you pick.

The dumping is deserved but it shouldn't be on Michael. It needs to be squarely leveled at the OL. Maybe we should pick up Bowie from the Browns since they will likely cut him?

Michael fumbled once. I get it.

But that OL was so vomit inducing I am confused as to why you would think it would matter? Did you think we could have moved down the field anyway? With no protection and no opening of holes for the RB?

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
To my eyes, Smith looked quicker and more physical than Rawls in the game. Rawls didn't seem to break many tackles from what I could see. A little disappointed in Rawls actually.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":2saiovfk said:
To my eyes, Smith looked quicker and more physical than Rawls in the game. Rawls didn't seem to break many tackles from what I could see. A little disappointed in Rawls actually.

Rawls had a couple nice plays, including the screen play for the TD. But I agree, Rod Smith looked more physical and more explosive.

Exittium

Reaction score
hawknation2015":17bkxfk5 said:
CalgaryHawk":17bkxfk5 said:

Rawls had a couple nice plays, including the screen play for the TD. But I agree, Rod Smith looked more physical and more explosive.

Rod Smith has wide open field .. anyone would look that good. Get behind the line and do what Rawls, Cmike and Trubo had to deal with.. or lack there of with the oline.

jake206

Reaction score
I thought he was done last year. But he made the team somehow.

Fade

Reaction score
Michael fumbled the ball when he tried to transfer it to his left hand. Michael easily looked the most explosive of the RBs, I'm willing to give him the entire preseason before I hop on the cut him train.

My concern with Rawls going into the game was if he was fast enough to be a #1, and he confirmed that concern for me. He has all the tools except speed. So career backup at best.

Fade

Reaction score
Christine Michael reminds me of Ahman Green, who coincidentally also had a fumble problem early in his career.

OP
OP
C

chet380

Reaction score
"Christine Michael reminds me of Ahman Green, who coincidentally also had a fumble problem early in his career."

As did Tiki Barber.