This Podcast deserves it's own thread. Jermaine Kearse, love

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Thanks ivotuk. You can't help but like the guy. And really, who in the league has made more money catches than him?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Thanks for posting.

Here's the deal with JK from my viewpoint.
I like the guy, I'm happy that he's on our team. I know he gets some hate from a few of our members but I look at it as a half full glass. I think the good far out weighs the bad with him.
There's been some speculation that he may not make the team this year. What I say to that is, if we have a new guy that bumps JK, that will be a big upgrade, and when you toss in "I'm Jimmy"?!?! Holy Catfish.
Look out NFCW!!!

See my sig :{)

netskier

Reaction score
My hunch is that we keep him because he can play all three WR positions, and Russell trusts him a lot.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
AND he can block. I LOL'd when he said he "beat Doug at his own event." and "we see how can throw a rock the farthest! It's a competitive group."

I don't see Kearse going anywhere, he's a proven commodity, especially with the big catch when the pressure is on. I don't know of any Seahawks receiver outside of Steve Largent who caught more big-time catches than Kearse. And if you place importance of advancing a team to the Superbowl above all else, Jermaine even tops out over Largent.

I remember Pete Carroll saying "He used to make me so mad when he was playing for Sark and he would drop balls he should have caught." But since he got contacts, and has learned to concentrate better, he's really become a game changer.

I have no idea where to place the blame of all those INTs in the NFCCG, but when it counted, Russell went to Jermaine, and Jermaine came through.

Edit: And that double-spin SuperB Owl Touchdown catch was one for the ages. :229031_victory:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He's made some of the greatest plays in franchise history the last couple seasons. I hope he makes the team

Seafan

Reaction score
Hard to believe we are talking about him not being on the roster. The talent depth at WR has improved and of course the cost of doing business (up against the salary cap) is going to force the Hawks to make some tough choices. I like him too but I'm realistic and wouldn't be surprised if they let him go.