Cool Wagner Perspective (I miss Norton)

nanomoz

Reaction score
"He probably lowered my guard down,” Wagner said of Norton, now Oakland’s defensive coordinator, following Sunday’s training-camp practice at the Seahawks’ Virginia Mason Athletic Center. “We watched probably 40 plays (from Utah State). The first five were the best plays I’ve ever seen at Utah State. The next 35 were THE WORST plays I had at Utah State.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... rylink=cpy

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The defense is going to miss Coach Norton, what a fantastic coach he was for us. They just have to keep the spirit that he brought alive.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Good post. I loved watching Coack Norton in training camp. Amazing mentor to the line backing corp. I always thought he would hang on to be our next DC when Quinn left.

two dog

Reaction score
rjdriver":xyi5ugp6 said:
Good post. I loved watching Coack Norton in training camp. Amazing mentor to the line backing corp. I always thought he would hang on to be our next DC when Quinn left.

So did he. When Richard got the gig Norton wasted no time in de-camping.
Kinda makes you think the offer from the Raiders must have been on the
table during Seattle's process of picking a DC.

Coaches, when they get the experience and reputation that Norton had almost
have to look for a coordinators job to keep the arc of their career going.

I would have been equally happy to have Norton as our DC but then we would
have almost surely lost Richard. In a way it seems to be similar to losing
players who achieve excellence.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I watched a little of the Raiders' opening practice just to catch a glimpse of Coach Norton barking out orders. Also noticed they had some music blaring in the background. Wonder where they got that from? They were doing a lot of familiar looking drills.

peppersjap

Reaction score
ken Norton was the highlight of training camp, he was the voice you always heard!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yep, he was a huge loss and that loss will be felt this season. You can't just replace a guy with that much experience with Pete and this Defense.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Norton leaving caught me by surprise. I could have sworn I read somewhere that Norton claimed he never wanted to climb the coaching ladder and that he enjoyed solely coaching linebackers too much. Must have had a change of heart when he saw his coaching peer get chosen above him. It shouldn't have caught anyone by surprise though. Richard has been being groomed to be a head coach since way back on Petes USCs days. In 3 or 4 years Kris Richard will be the hottest name for potentional NFL head coaching oppurtinities. He learned from the best in Pete at building defenses from the back to the front.