ESPN projected 53 man roster

Basis4day

Reaction score
It was fine until cutting Tye Smith and Patrick Lewis. Otherwise it's about right.

McGruff

Reaction score
Pretty straightforward with very few surprised. I'd watch the depth at DE, WR and QB as I think some surprised could come from there. LB could be interesting as well.

I'm not ready to count Kasen Williams out as an upset special to make the roster. There is someone every year, and outside of Baldwin, Lockett and Richardson, I don't think anyone is immune from being upgraded if Williiams rises to the occasion.

OP
OP
Gametime

Gametime

Reaction score
I thought Dobbs played alright last year too. Williams I wouldn't count out either as Norwood as been nearly invisible and Richardson is coming off the knee injury. Man..... how nice is it that we are just over a week from having real news to discuss in TC.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
I'm thinking Richardson will start on the PUP. Sokoli will likely end up on the practice squad. Tye Smith getting cut seems super far fetched as does the C. Mike cut. I'd put money on C. Mike being on the week 1 roster while Rawls is another PS player.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I don't see both Lockette and Norwood making it at the cost of line depth, not with Lockett on the roster.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
7 WRs + Jimmy Graham (a pseudo-WR) is a hell of a lot of WRs.

Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, and Tyler Lockett I see as mortal locks, even though some people like to downgrade Kearse.

Everyone else is going to have to battle:

Chris Matthews offers rare size that he displayed in the Super Bowl.

Ricardo Lockette gives you upside due to his unique speed and special teams ability.

Douglas McNeil fills the same kind of role as Matthews. To a lesser extent, so do Kevin Norwood and Kasen Williams.

Richardson could be placed on the PUP list. If he's not, then that increases the hard choices.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
MontanaHawk05":9mjsam6m said:
I don't see both Lockette and Norwood making it at the cost of line depth, not with Lockett on the roster.

So who gets cut?
Lockette plays special teams and is our best (healthy) gunner so I'd give him the inside track.

I think Norwood and Chris Matthews are competing for that last spot. Both are 25 going on 26 and considered second year players. Neither contributed much last year (although Norwood was injured). I could see either one or both getting cut.

Hawks46

Reaction score
jdemps":3ehkt79g said:
I'm thinking Richardson will start on the PUP. Sokoli will likely end up on the practice squad. Tye Smith getting cut seems super far fetched as does the C. Mike cut. I'd put money on C. Mike being on the week 1 roster while Rawls is another PS player.

This is about how I see it. Only way we're getting rid of Michaels is if we get a trade offer, he flops in TC, or the coaching staff like Rawls a lot and don't see him making it to the practice squad.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Hawks46":19d1qvqy said:
jdemps":19d1qvqy said:

This is about how I see it. Only way we're getting rid of Michaels is if we get a trade offer, he flops in TC, or the coaching staff like Rawls a lot and don't see him making it to the practice squad.
From the college tape I've watched of Rawls, he doesn't make the 53-man roster... and I also doubt that he makes the PS.

I saw no explosion or elusiveness to his game.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rawls earned praise from head coach Pete Carroll on Thursday.

"I love his style of running," Carroll said, via Seahawks.com. "He’s really a head-knocker. He really goes after guys and when you guys get to see him put the pads on you’ll see how physical of a runner he is. He had play after play in college of just smacking people and running and breaking tackles and all that. He showed very good feet, he caught the ball well, he’s going to be a very-willing blocker.

"He was a real bright spot. I thought he really jumped out at us and he was very consistent, worked throughout the whole thing knowing that his best, maybe most exciting dimension, hasn’t even been seen yet. He had a great camp for us. It’ll be really fun to see him when we start playing ball."

http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Rookie-Th ... h-37849679

[youtube]q1F_i2Ge2UE[/youtube]

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Quarterbacks (2): Russell Wilson, Tarvaris Jackson (cut/PS: R.J. Archer)

Running backs (3): Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin, Christine Michael (cut/PS: Thomas Rawls, cut Rod Smith)

Fullback (1): Derrick Coleman (cut: Will Tukuafu, Brandon Cottom)

Wide receivers (5): Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Tyler Lockett, Chris Matthews, Ricardo Lockette, (cut/PS: Kevin Norwood, Kasen Williams, Deshon Foxx, Kevin Smith, Douglas McNeil III)
PUP: Paul Richardson

Tight ends (3): Jimmy Graham, Luke Willson, Cooper Helfet (cut: Anthony McCoy, RaShaun Allen)

Tackles (3): Russell Okung, Justin Britt, Garry Gilliam (cut/PS: Jesse Davis, Will Pericak)

Guards (4): J.R. Sweezy, Alvin Bailey, Mark Glowinski, Terry Poole (cut: Keavon Milton, Kona Schwenke)

Centers (3): Lemuel Jeanpierre, Drew Nowak, Kristjan Sokoli (cut: Patrick Lewis)

Defensive ends (5): Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Cassius Marsh, Frank Clark, Demarcus Dobb (cut/PS: Obum Gwacham, David King, Greg Scruggs, Julius Warmsley)

Defensive tackles (4): Brandon Mebane, Ahtyba Rubin, Jordan Hill, Tony McDaniel (cut: D'Anthony Smith, Jimmy Staten, T.Y. McGill. IR: Jesse Williams)

Middle linebackers (2): Bobby Wagner, Brock Coyle (cut: Quayshawn Nealy)

Outside linebackers (4): K.J. Wright, Bruce Irvin, Kevin Pierre-Louis, Eric Pinkins (cut: Mike Morgan, Alex Singleton, Tyrell Adams)

Cornerbacks (6): Richard Sherman, Cary Williams, Tharold Simon, Marcus Burley, Will Blackmon, Tye Smith
IR: Jeremy Lane

Safeties (4): Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas, DeShawn Shead, Dion Bailey (cut/PS: Ryan Murphy, Keenan Lambert, Steven Terrell, Triston Wade, Ronald Martin

Kicker (1): Steven Hauschka

Punter (1): Jon Ryan

Long snapper (1): Clint Gresham (cut: Nate Boyer)