Wagner/Seahawks Deal May Finish by Camp

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin[/urltargetblank]

According to Rand Getlin on twitter, and as being reported on NFL Total Access....

Just reported on @NFLTotalAccess: the #Seahawks and Bobby Wagner have been working toward a new deal. Optimism it may be done before camp.

It would be a huge benefit going into this season knowing that at least one of the two major extensions were completed.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
This would be fantastic. I was nervous that the uncertainty over the RW extension would prevent other critical players from getting signed. That can't happen in a year where nearly half the roster is set to become free agents.

I expect a contract very similar to what Earl Thomas signed, making Wagner the highest paid MLB in the league.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Absolute no brainer. He has the same agent as Thomas and Thomas signed in April. The fact he hasn't signed yet has been one of the biggest head scratchers of the offseason.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Would love to get his deal done so that he's locked up. Would hate to have to worry about losing him after this year if we have to franchise Wilson.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Article from NFL.com:

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503166/article/bobby-wagner-seahawks-might-have-deal-by-camp[/urltargetblank]

Video from NFL Total Access

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000503160/Getlin-Wagner-contract-might-get-done-before-training-camp[/urltargetblank]

It's mostly speculation (as most contract talks are), but I'm glad to hear talk about Wagner now. Getting that deal done gives us the freedom to lock up Wilson if he doesn't sign. We can't lose either of these guys.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
ctrcat":1d8jtc41 said:
Absolute no brainer. He has the same agent as Thomas and Thomas signed in April. The fact he hasn't signed yet has been one of the biggest head scratchers of the offseason.

I imagine the uncertainty surrounding Russell's deal had to be a factor (and may continue to be). Last year, Earl was the first priority for extensions and got his deal done early. Everyone else followed shortly thereafter.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
DavidSeven":14waradb said:
ctrcat":14waradb said:

I imagine the uncertainty surrounding Russell's deal had to be a factor (and may continue to be). Last year, Earl was the first priority for extensions and got his deal done early. Everyone else followed shortly thereafter.
Maybe it's a sign some positive movement is happening with Wilson. Who knows? But players and teammates never work in a vacuum just ask the Leroy Selman Tampa Bay defensive guys. They flat out made a pact to stay together for less than market value to help funnel the money to the offense and the chance at a dynasty run.

It's exactly what Earl, Kam, and Sherman have already done and I bet Wagner is following suit. These are arguably HoF players here and Wilson better take note and think really hard and thoroughly if his actual position is what the media is reporting (I'm not thinking it's quite that extreme but drama sells).

Rocket

Reaction score
ATTENTION !!!! Other Seahawk players in negotiation.
This appears to be how it should be.
Take note, Carrington.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If the thinking is that Wilson has rejected a reasonable deal, then the only logical move is to sign Wagner and table Wilson talks.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
More than Cam Newton is almost a gurantee, one would think. Very curious.

I'd say at least 22 million a year but who kmows.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawksFan81":2ceqibie said:
Great news. Been wondering about this the last couple weeks.

Welcome to the board. Hope you can find some fun here. :2: :th2thumbs:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If this is leaking now, I expect a deal to be announced very soon. That's what happened with Sherm and Thomas last year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":20f8n5a7 said:
Maybe it's a sign some positive movement is happening with Wilson. Who knows?

I don't think the two deals are related to each other, if anything.. Wagner's extension is paramount so the franchise tag is set aside for Wilson.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
When we were mediocre last year we had Wilson playing. We didn't have Wagner at the time. Deductions suggests we sign him regardless of RW related anything.

Obviously that's a very simplistic deduction, but whatever....SIGN HIM!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
No new news on the supposed Wagner deal? It got quiet with all the Russ drama. Any news? Anyone? Real news please, not social media gossip.

Latest posts