FOX Sports: Pre Training Camp Power Rankings

lsheldon

Reaction score
FOX Sports posted this 2 days ago, but didn't see anything posted here on it. Seattle now leads in their pre-training camp power rankings. The Patriots fell to the #4 spot (previously 1st), Denver 2nd, and Green Bay 3rd.

They cite the pending deflategate suspension appeal decision and major question marks at cornerback contributing to New England's drop to the #4 spot. Seattle's addition of Jimmy Graham and Tyler Lockett are one of the reasons for putting us at #1.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/photos/pow ... 515#img_32

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Not sure why Denver is #2. I think Green Bay is definitely the 2nd most talented team in the league. Pittsburg, Baltimore, and Indy should all be higher than Denver or New England.

Ruminator

Reaction score
"...that sometimes lacked big plays in 2014."

Regarding a team that ranked at or near the top in explosive plays. Huh!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3mj37wfi said:
Ruminator":3mj37wfi said:
"...that sometimes lacked big plays in 2014."

Regarding a team that ranked at or near the top in explosive plays. Huh!

We were near the top in rushing plays of 20+ yards, but were only 11th in passing plays of 20 yards or more. Graham and Lockett could help change that.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... fied=false
A healthy Graham and Lockett will change that bigtime! :lol:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
This may be our best team yet, and that's saying something.

This next month and a half is going to go soooo slow!!

netskier

Reaction score
Just guessing about Denver, but their offense is healed up, and their defense is getting stronger.

OP
OP
lsheldon

lsheldon

Reaction score
netskier":8w22ms32 said:
Just guessing about Denver, but their offense is healed up, and their defense is getting stronger.

Denver has a lot of question marks in regard to their offensive line. They are only returning 2 starters from last season (Vasquez and Clark) who combined for 23 starts. They are also transitioning to the zone blocking system. We will have to wait and see if their new offensive line can keep Cinderella from taking too many hits.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
On paper the Broncos have an equal offense and a better defense than the Packers so I don't see the issue in having them ranked higher than GB.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":16lkp2tb said:
On paper the Broncos have an equal offense and a better defense than the Packers so I don't see the issue in having them ranked higher than GB.

Broncos have lost Manuel Ramirez, Orlando Franklin, Rahim Moore, Terrance Knighton, Nate Irving, Wes Welker, Julius Thomas, and Will Montgomery. Offensively, I don't see them on the same level as GB.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1xbnradz said:
Overall I'd say there are some really strange rankings here. Panthers at 25? Cards at 11? Broncos at 2?

Panther fans are used to it. Picked behind Saints and Falcons last two years as well, didn't matter. Small market, losing record, no major FA splash moves is all I can figure. Again they've improved even if ever so slightly at every position and have a relatively weak early schedule so I expect them to slingshot up these worthless rankings quickly. The division will be decided in the last 5 weeks with 4 division games. That should be good news since Cam has the second highest Dec win %, but every season takes on a life of it's own so it's a crap shoot even if I strongly disagree with that ranking.

ptisme

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":17sks87e said:
Ageed on the defense.... Disagree on the offense.....

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Denver at 2? Did Manning suddenly get 3 years younger? The end of the last two years he has looked 80 years old. Last year it started about two thirds of the way through the season. Much earlier than the previous year. I expect it to become visible about half way through the year this upcoming season. Denver not making the playoffs is a real possibility.

Atlanta #21 is my pick to jump. An already talented offense and Quinn will get the most out of that defense. Hide and watch as the Falcons make the playoffs.

9ers down to 24 sounds legit but the breakdown seems shaky. I agree with the O-line assessment and Kaep struggling under pressure but to say they should maintain a strong pass defense after losing both starting CB's and multiple key players in the font seven that helped last years secondary is a large leap and whether Bowman is healthy or not I would expect the run defense to take a step down at least until the new components prove they are starter quality and build some cohesion.

Also Carolina at 25? That seems way to low for me.

The Colts at 7? Uhm nah. Put them in a real division with actual defenses and they are exposed. Somewhere in the middle would have been closer. Not top[ 10 for me.

NO at 23 behind the Rams? Oh how the mighty have fallen.